ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago #241 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: Sometimes - read "in some games", see Diablo 3 and others - I have the 2 cursors (windows one and game one) in the configurator interface, moving together one over the other.

Is it generally not avoidable, right?

And another strange behaviour: why sometimes the "red space" area in tutorial is more extended and sometimes less?
I know it's not a big issue but it's strange indeed :D

[img

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago #242 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: It contains the dll too. Launch it the first time for a game and you'll have the DLL.

I know you try to help but thats not the point, I wont run the exe. I use my PC for work too and I don't run any *.exe at all, and yes I trust Crosire 100% and I know he do it to simplify life to users but I just don't use automated tools.
If we get paranoid even the .dll itself could be really dangerous because you never know what obfuscated code inside of injector can do. Anyway thats not the topic here, I'm stuck with b5 until I can extract it from the .exe so is not any problem :)

btw: Anyone tried to set toggle keys to the mouse? example 0x02 because I only can make work keys from keyboard, not from the mouse :(

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #243 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Aksine12 wrote: Yo crosire i downloaded the beta 6 of reshade 3 ,but no shaders are compiling because of the compile error due to d3dcompile. Yet i have had the Directx end user runtimes installed :(.

You are right. I misspelled the version number of the DirectX end-user runtime D3DCompiler DLL (it's 43, not 46). For now just put a D3DCompiler_47.dll beside the ReShade binary. Most of your Dx11 games should have that in the game folder already anyway, so just copy it to the game that causes trouble (probably Dx9).

mindu wrote: - Is there anything special to set MOUSE togglekeys? all keys I set with keyboard works fine but when I try to set for example 0x02 (right click) it doesn't do anything.

The mouse buttons are not currently supported as toggle keys.

Is the time for welcome message increased compared to Reshade 1.1? I haven't measured but it feels like so...now it overpass all loading screens and is in-game too (when the message is there shaders doesn't work, in previous versions shaders render on screen even with the welcome message).

It was actually reduced. And there is a bug which causes it to not show up if no shaders were installed.
Naturally it will show up longer if there are a lot of shaders though. ReShade 3.0 has to compile a lot more in order for the real-time toggling and configuration to work.

I know this has been asking many times in the past, but for future 3.0 do you have any plans to inplement a proxy library like the one in enbseries? definitely would be really useful :)

No. For technical reasons I already posted.

mindu wrote: I know you try to help but thats not the point, I wont run the exe. I use my PC for work too and I don't run any *.exe at all, and yes I trust Crosire 100% and I know he do it to simplify life to users but I just don't use automated tools.
If we get paranoid even the .dll itself could be really dangerous because you never know what obfuscated code inside of injector can do. Anyway thats not the topic here, I'm stuck with b5 until I can extract it from the .exe so is not any problem :)

I'd normally understand this. But in this case I don't. You do realize that the ReShade DLLs could do a lot more damage than the EXE? Some games run as administrator, the setup tool purposely does not. The setup tool was even open source for quite some time (I took it down recently because nobody really cared, but would just as well put it up again).
Packing everything in one executable simplifies distribution for me a lot. Because I can automate the whole building process which outputs a single file that can be uploaded.

lowenz wrote: Sometimes - read "in some games", see Diablo 3 and others - I have the 2 cursors (windows one and game one) in the configurator interface, moving together one over the other.

I cannot detect whether the game renders a cursor on its own or not, so I simply always render my own to make sure there always is one.

lowenz wrote: And another strange behaviour: why sometimes the "red space" area in tutorial is more extended and sometimes less?
I know it's not a big issue but it's strange indeed :D

Eh. That's strange indeed. The size should be a fixed constant ....
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mindu

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #244 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: The mouse buttons are not currently supported as toggle keys.

Since they are already defined in KeyCodes.h I thought they were supported... any chance to be implemented, or impossible?

crosire wrote: It was actually reduced. And there is a bug which causes it to not show up if no shaders were installed.
Naturally it will show up longer if there are a lot of shaders though. ReShade 3.0 has to compile a lot more in order for the real-time toggling and configuration to work.

Problem is not while compiling but after, while compiling it just "freeze" for a little bit (when shader is very simple it compiles instantly). The thing is after compiling and while message is there effects don't render on whole screen but ONLY in the specific square of the message, and once the message finish then effects render as usual on full screen.

nvm, message is much short on Beta#6 so not big deal now (but still not rendering effects until it finish)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mindu.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #245 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

mindu wrote: Since they are already defined in KeyCodes.h I thought they were supported... any chance to be implemented, or impossible?

Them being in KeyCodes.h was a mistake, since mouse buttons aren't actually keys and work differently. But I can still add support for them, sure.

mindu wrote: The thing is after compiling and while message is there effects don't render on whole screen but ONLY in the specific square of the message, and once the message finish then effects render as usual on full screen.

That's strange. Which game? Which rendering API? Could you create a screenshot (for example by running the game in window mode and using Windows's Snipping Tool).

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #246 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Them being in KeyCodes.h was a mistake, since mouse buttons aren't actually keys and work differently. But I can still add support for them, sure.

That would be really great :woohoo:

That's strange. Which game? Which rendering API? Could you create a screenshot (for example by running the game in window mode and using Windows's Snipping Tool).

all games I tested, d3d9 and d3d11 (haven't tested opengl).

not sure how to make it visible... so I created a basic texture:
[IMG

and added to BackBuffer color, so white lines should be drawn clearly on screen:

bf1 (d3d11)
[IMG

bc2 (d3d9)
[IMG

you have to be quick because is during the welcome message is up, once it ends it draws ok on the whole screen (as it should):
[IMG

With Beta #6 is almost unnoticeable because welcome message is very short, but with beta#5 (specially with older games that loads almost instantly) you were in the actual game already and the welcome message still didn't finish and so effects didn't show-up "for a while".

EDIT: haven't tested with depth based effects.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mindu.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #247 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Did something change with the depth buffer and it's importance for effects compared to earlier 3.0 versions?

I noticed in Elder Scrolls Online that SMAA now disables itself if you move a little bit or if other characters move near you, entering the ReShade menu and reloading the shader re-enables it until next it detects activity and then it gets disabled again.

Of course as per the earlier information ReShade does disable the depth buffer with network activity but SMAA has worked regardless besides the predication setting and of course the actual depth buffer detection setting over luma or color. :)

I'm going to test some other effects but I'd imagine it'll work the same though if that's intended now to have effects entirely disabled when network activity is detected that's not really a problem though it would be useful to have a confirmation on how it's meant to work. :)
(I much prefer injected SMAA or FXAA over in-game versions even if those are a bit faster they are normally not customizable.)

EDIT: Tested Guild Wars 2 as well, ESO is 64-bit DX11 whereas GW2 is 64-bit DX9 and it works there regardless of activity, interesting so it must be something else then as that's the exact same .dll. :)

EDIT: Seems to be something with ESO, perhaps just a recent patch that did something but I don't know, I'll keep tinkering to see what I can do.
(.dll name didn't do anything so it's not that simple unfortunately.)

EDIT: Tested the beta #5 version of ReShade 3.0 (.82 or what it was?) and it works there, guess there's nothing else I can do but that answers it enough for me so I'll just keep that game on this version for now. :D
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by JBeckman.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
7 years 7 months ago #248 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Red Screen/Red Issues in some games.
I posted about that problem with some images.

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/212...ader?start=300#16592

It seams to happen in Reshade 3.0 Beta 6

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #249 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Yes, MXAO shader / depth buffer problem.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #250 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
MAJOR performance hit in Gothic 3 (ReShade hooking vs No ReShade, without shaders loaded)

No ReShade
[img

ReShade 3 b6
[img

Gothic 3 EE from Steam + Lastest Community Patch (1.75.14) + Fixes ( rpgrussia.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=t403ea...7te4islo7&topic=7110 )
Fresh shader cache.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #251 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Red Screen/Red Issues in some games.

So we can use Reshade 3.0 Beta 5 and the issue won't happen for now ? till it get fixed ? I hope crosire can fix it ASAP :)

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #252 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Oh God another update already?
I was just updating the Environment Creator script for b5, did anything particularly related to the .ini format change that I should update?

For reference: pastebin.com/BVKvD0Um

lowenz wrote: MAJOR performance hit in Gothic 3 (ReShade hooking vs No ReShade, without shaders loaded)

No ReShade

ReShade 3 b6
[img

Gothic 3 EE from Steam + Lastest Community Patch (1.75.14) + Fixes ( rpgrussia.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=t403ea...7te4islo7&topic=7110 )
Fresh shader cache.

I was having the same issue with b5 in Sims 2, made the game crawl to a solid 7 FPS and just plain crash after loading a world.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by luluco250.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote:

So we can use Reshade 3.0 Beta 5 and the issue won't happen for now ? till it get fixed ? I hope crosire can fix it ASAP :)

*Update* there is also a Black screen bug in addition to the Red Screen bug in Unreal 4 games like RedOut and Unbox.

So yes I say use Reshade Beta 5 till Issues are fixed.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I decided to try ReShade 3 beta 6 with the latest shader set from github (commit August 7th. I removed a good chunk of shaders I'll never touch to improve load times.).

Here's a video summarizing everything:

In video: Star Wars Battlefront 2, 32-bit d3d9, Windows 10 Anniversary latest patch and newest NVIDIA drivers for the GTX 560 ti.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
How do I make the use of SMAA so I won't have crazy lines aliasing ? cause it doesn't seem to work like the Temporal-SMAA in WatchDogs it just cleared all the Aliasing , this was the best SMAA I saw, but the SMAA shader can't reach this kind .

Do I need Reshade.fxh and SMAA.fx and what is SMAA.fxh ? If I want to use Depth3D shader I don't need both ? If I want to use SMAA + Depth3D do I need

I mean what are those files and what do I need to use when I want SMAA + Depth3D with Reshade 3.0

The Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 is messed up with Bladestorm nightmare, it works with Rehade 3.0 Beta 5 but it takes the settings from somewhere all the time even if I deleted the ini files where I set it first.

Beta 6 now doesn't even activate with the game only beta 5 works.

For some reason some games I can click TAB to open the options and some settings is still SHIFT + F2 , but on some of them SHIFT+F2 is taking screenshot... I don't know what happens.

Does Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 save it's settings in more places than what I choose ? I keep all my profiles in C:\Reshade\Profiles and the shaders are C:\Reshade\Shaders

Somehow even without Reshade folder it still launches the Reshade settings.. even though there shouldn't be profile and it should start fresh tutorial.

(Tested)EDIT : When does reshade tries to take the settings from C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\ReShade ?
(Answer) That's happen since version Reshade Beta 5 3.81+ if you try to add the profile "ini" in the end it won't create it and will create customize file in this folder because it adds "ini" automatically.

EDIT : Using Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 if not downloading the shaders when it says, Reshade overlay doesn't launch or work , can I use without downloading the shaders for every game ? I just want to use 2 Shaders, SMAA + SuperDepth3D .

What's the newest version of Reshade 3.0 Beta 5 ? for Beta 6 I remember I saw 3.89 sometimes 3.90 and sometimes 3.91 , but now for Beta 5 newest is 3.82 or 3.81 ?

What do I need the Textures for ?

Trying to understand this thing lol.. so many things happened behind the scene.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• vladzor
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #256 by vladzor Replied by vladzor on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Hello guys, i have a problem with Reshade 3.0 b6
Want to play Star Trek Elite Force 2 (OpenGL), with Reshade 2.0 not really working (game is running but screen is freezing)
Reshade 3.0 is working , but i cant use reshade-settings, I mean i cant move reshade-cursor, there is only moving ingame-cursor

EDIT

tried someting new: used opengl32.dll from reshade 3.0 and old settings from reshade 2.0 (just kept folders) and the game is freezing if i am using any of effects
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by vladzor. Reason: new informations

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #257 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

JBeckman wrote: Did something change with the depth buffer and it's importance for effects compared to earlier 3.0 versions?

Not at all. But there is a bug related to the depth buffer in beta 6. See next comment.

Fixed in Beta 7.

luluco250 wrote: Oh God another update already?

It's a beta.

luluco250 wrote: I was just updating the Environment Creator script for b5, did anything particularly related to the .ini format change that I should update?

No.

x8009 wrote: How do I make the use of SMAA so I won't have crazy lines aliasing ? cause it doesn't seem to work like the Temporal-SMAA in WatchDogs it just cleared all the Aliasing , this was the best SMAA I saw, but the SMAA shader can't reach this kind .

You won't reach the quality temporal SMAA can achieve with normal SMAA. There is not enough information available to implement temporal AA with ReShade.

x8009 wrote: Do I need Reshade.fxh and SMAA.fx and what is SMAA.fxh ? If I want to use Depth3D shader I don't need both ? If I want to use SMAA + Depth3D do I need

SMAA.fxh contains the official SMAA shader code, SMAA.fx is the wrapper around that code to make it compatible with ReShade, ReShade.fxh contains some helper functions and variables used. For SMAA you need all three. The Depth3D effect is standalone.

x8009 wrote: Does Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 save it's settings in more places than what I choose ? I keep all my profiles in C:\Reshade\Profiles and the shaders are C:\Reshade\Shaders
Somehow even without Reshade folder it still launches the Reshade settings.. even though there shouldn't be profile and it should start fresh tutorial.
(Tested)EDIT : When does reshade tries to take the settings from C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\ReShade ?
(Answer) That's happen since version Reshade Beta 5 3.81+ if you try to add the profile "ini" in the end it won't create it and will create customize file in this folder because it adds "ini" automatically.

No. ReShade stores all its internal settings right beside the DLL with the same name, but INI extension. All presets you created are stored in whichever path you specified. AppData is no longer used (it was in previous iterations of this beta).

x8009 wrote: Using Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 if not downloading the shaders when it says, Reshade overlay doesn't launch or work , can I use without downloading the shaders for every game ? I just want to use 2 Shaders, SMAA + SuperDepth3D .

You may as well download (only) the shaders you want to use yourself. No need to have the setup do it. That's why it's optional.

x8009 wrote: What's the newest version of Reshade 3.0 Beta 5 ? for Beta 6 I remember I saw 3.89 sometimes 3.90 and sometimes 3.91 , but now for Beta 5 newest is 3.82 or 3.81 ?

The last digits in the version refers to the build number. Since the 32-bit and 64-bit variants are built separately, they have different numbers.

x8009 wrote: What do I need the Textures for ?

Some shaders use additional image data for their calculations. SMAA for instance requires two lookup tables that are loaded from AreaTex.dds and SearchTex.dds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luluco250

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #258 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Beta #7: reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b7.exe

Changelog
  • Changed file name tree nodes on home page to be collapsed by default
  • Added movable splitter between technique and variable editor
  • Increased label width in variable editor
  • Fixed splash screen not showing up before effects are reloaded on startup
  • Fixed texture references not being updated properly on Direct3D 10 and 11 (causing invalid depth data)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeTa, luluco250, BlueSkyKnight

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
AdvancedCRT FX division by zero exception :p

[img

Ah, the log sometimes can't be reached by the mouse cursor using the default input option....is it expected? The cursor can't literally trespass :D the menu area.
Blocking all inputs I can reach it.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #260 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
And sometimes the cursor can't reach the lower part of the screen.....so you can't click on some parts of the menu ("finish" in tutorial section too).

[img

Maybe it's a good thing to open the menu much higher and not in the center of the screen?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.