ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #81 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Would it be possible to allow options like Lift Gamma Gain and such that use the RGB input to have a second option to edit them as a form of HSL? I feel like that combined with the effects being applied in-game in real time would allow for powerful color correction.

Example, if the highlights have a lot of an orange-ish color at around hue 35°, you could set the Gain to 35+180° @ 205° and use the saturation/lightness as a fine-tune to effectively white-balance that area.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #82 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

FierySwordswoman wrote: Would it be possible to allow options like Lift Gamma Gain and such that use the RGB input to have a second option to edit them as a form of HSL? I feel like that combined with the effects being applied in-game in real time would allow for powerful color correction.

Click on the color rectangle of any 3 or 4 component variable in the uniform editor and the RGB input fields switch to a HSL input variant.

• rishabh47
More
7 years 10 months ago #83 by rishabh47 Replied by rishabh47 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Testing some simple controls with ReShade's new WIP in-game UI:

So when ReShade 3.0 Final Version is coming online ?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #84 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Alpha [strike]#3[/strike] #4: [strike] www.mediafire.com/?zy1dd0i6xhpwm6w [/strike]
  • Settings management changed as described here: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion-2/20...-file-location#14955
  • Fixed overlay not rendering if no effects were loaded in some cases (e.g. Witcher 3)
  • Fixed mouse block not working with Raw Input in some cases (e.g. Crysis 3, which uses DirectInput, but the latest dinput driver uses Raw Input internally)
  • Removed default preset file
  • Added "ui_tooltip" annotation to add tooltips to variables
EDIT:
  • Fixed screenshot file creating failing
  • Fixed lexer failing to parse floating point numbers with exponent (SMAA works correctly again now)

rishabh47 wrote: So when ReShade 3.0 Final Version is coming online ?

I don't know. When I'm satisfied with the result.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, angellman, Marty McFly, SpinelessJelly, DeMondo, Golgotha, OtisInf

• Sh1nRa358
More
7 years 10 months ago #85 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
What will happen on games that block out mouse cursors or immediately switch to camera move mode when mouse is moved?
What will happen when devs of shaders mess up and their new update won't be as good as their previous version?

• OtisInf
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #86 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
There's still a problem with the mouse: in Crysis3, if I have Reshade 3 alpha 4 installed, and the dialog is closed (so just start up the game and press enter to show the main menu of the game), the mouse simply doesn't work in-game, not in the main menu at least. When I rename the reshade dll to something else so it's not picked up (dxgi.dll.old) the mouse works in-menu of the game, so reshade blocks it in all cases, while it should only block input when the reshade dialogs are open :) Controller input still goes through though, so it's only the mouse that's not working at all when reshade is installed.

Will see if I can port some shaders from 2.0.3 to v3 format.

Edit: Ok, there's something odd going on with the mouse input, clearly a bug there but perhaps not as clear cut as I described above.

I have the game windowed. Reshade 3, v4a is installed. Mouse does nothing. I alt-tab to another process (e.g. explorer) and then move the mouse over the game window (which is inactive!): mouse works. Clicking the game dialog to activate it: mouse stops working, no reshade dialogs open btw.

(edit) Only occurs in the game menu. In-game it's OK. When working with the shaders though I found it a little annoying that the mouse did work when not on the reshade dialogs btw :) It might be best to simply kill mouse input at all when dialogs are up. The reason for this is when you have a small gap between the windows and move mouse from one to the other, the game's camera moves (as the mouse is outside the dialogs area).
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OtisInf.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #87 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

OtisInf wrote: There's still a problem with the mouse

Yeah. That's because ReShade currently disables window messages as soon as Raw Input is initialized. Didn't realize that may not be the best solution. It's done because input is duplicated otherwise in games that have both Raw Input and window messages enabled (Witcher 3). I'm not sure how to properly solve this yet.

• OtisInf
More
7 years 10 months ago #88 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Working a bit with a shader and its input variables edited in the edit pane of Reshade, I can only say that having the mouse being active in the game when the reshade dialogs are open is going to be a pain: I enabled an effect, then wanted to change a variable to change the effect's characteristics (focus depth) and I had to move the mouse from the main reshade dialog to the edit pane with effect parameters, and had to cross over a gap where the game grabbed the mouse again, moving the camera, and I had to set that up again :)

It would help greatly if the mouse was inactive in-game when the reshade dialogs are open, so you can e.g. position the camera, press shift-F2, reposition the dialogs so you can see the part of the screen where the parameter changes have effect, and then change the parameters, without having to worry the camera in-game changes.

But perhaps there are use cases which can't work with that, not sure :)

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #89 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Can always add an option to choose whether to disable mouse input completly or only when it's over the menu.

• NattyDread
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #90 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I have a good one:

Can we have a setting that when turned on will capture a screenshot before reshade compiles when ever we change a variable in a shader and then give us a fullscreen, screenshotcomparison .com -type-a-preview of it on a press of a hotkey? The reason being that we could quickly with a press of a hotkey view before and after of a setting. It would help much when making presets or just debugging a value.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by NattyDread.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #91 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
The whole point of the new system in 3.0 using uniform variables is that you do NOT need to recompile to see a value change. Everything is updated in real-time as soon as you move a slider or finish typing in an input box, no recompile, no delay. Such a comparison is really not needed. Unless I misunderstood you somehow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, NattyDread

• lowenz
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #92 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Basically there are no changes in D3D8->D3D9 wrapper, right?

So we can directly test D3D9 games/applications.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by lowenz.

• xlrt
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #93 by xlrt Replied by xlrt on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Shift + F2 doesn't work in any game. Win 10 Insider Preview, GTX 960
Am I missing something?

EDIT:
It's working now, I have no idea why.
I get terrible mouse lag when it moves within the window borders. I've noticed that if my mouse is set to 1000 polling rate it's impossible to control but 125 is still sliding on ice but I can point on something if I try enough. Also consider people using DSR, the window can get really small.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by xlrt. Reason: spelling

• dustymonkey
More
7 years 10 months ago #94 by dustymonkey Replied by dustymonkey on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Is there something that must be done to enable thew uniform editor?

I have...

uniform float oil_detail < ui_type = "drag"; ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 2.0; > = 1.0;

...at the top of my FX file, but no uniform editor window displays even after opening the built-in shader editor (which doesnt work correctly for me at least in skyrim, as it intermittently loses key presses and key releases (disaster when its a backspace or a delete), but thats another matter)

I am working in 1280x720 .. could it be off-screen?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #95 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

dustymonkey wrote: Is there something that must be done to enable thew uniform editor?

"Load" a new preset file and click on "Edit". Yes, I know, the button descriptions aren't clear enough yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dustymonkey

• dustymonkey
More
7 years 10 months ago #96 by dustymonkey Replied by dustymonkey on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Thanks. Worked. Yes indeed its not obvious that thats for creating/managing presets instead of targeting an effect file.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #97 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Alpha #5: [strike] www.mediafire.com/?mh87h5dg94l0y4f [/strike]
  • Fixed duplicate input in games using raw input
  • Added performance mode which converts all uniform variables to constants
  • Moved uniform editor to home tab
  • Added warning message to splash screen if some shaders failed to compile

• MonarchX
More
7 years 10 months ago #98 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I apologize if I've already asked, but is there any chance of DirectX 12 or at least Vulkan support for ReShade 3.0? The new Deus Ex game will be DirectX 12-only and I'd hate to play it without ReShade support, but I do know you're not inclined to support DirectX 12...

• JBeckman
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #99 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
From how I understood the discussions around that Vulkan support might happen eventually but it seems Crosire is having some serious problems with Windows 10 making his PC not boot properly after installation of that OS so for now I don't think we'll see DirectX 12 support anytime soon although it would certainly be nice to have now that some more games and game engines are starting to use it.
(But hey there's not much to be done if the OS can't install properly on the current system, no way to get the needed Win10 SDK and such stuff for the D3D12 code.)

EDIT: As for 3.0 I've not tested it much myself but the recent changes seem good though I'm not especially great at code and all that so while I've tinkered a bit I'm probably going to wait until there's some 3.0 compatible shaders available before doing anything else with it, liking the in-game UI though and the new mouse fixes should solve some if not all the issues with input although there's probably some few games out there that just have to be difficult, that's usually the case it seems.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by JBeckman.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #100 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Vulkan and Direct3D 12 support is not on the roadmap for 3.0, because I have very limited time in the moment. Doesn't mean it's not coming though.

[strike]Alpha #6: www.mediafire.com/?r4nx88eaqt12n25 [/strike]
  • Fixed massive input lag in some games if overlay was visible
  • Added option to block all input outside overlay if visible
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mancubus

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.