What are the pros using to grab screenshots?

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by FYKC What are the pros using to grab screenshots? was created by FYKC
Here's my situation:

Starting with Bioshock, I'm using GeDoSaTo to downsample from 2560x1440. On top of that I have ReShade doing it's thing. What I want to do is take a screenshot at 2560x1440, with ReShade's post-processing effects.

I have tried:
  • Windows "Prt Scrn" function, and while it captures the image with the post-processing from ReShade, it does so at 1600x900 (my monitors default resolution).
  • PlayClaw 5 Plus, which captures the screenshot at 2560x1440 just as I would like, but it doesn't include anything from ReShade, giving me a nice big image of vanilla Bioshock.
  • Dxtory, has the same issue as the Prt Scrn function--captures the post-processing, but not at the actual rendering resolution of 2560x1440
  • GeDoSaTo's built-in screenshot function, plain doesn't work on my end.

Is there some utility that will allow me to take a screenshot at 2560x1440, with ReShade's effects being captured in the image as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic What are the pros using to grab screenshots?
ReShade has its own built-in screenshot function which I prefer over any other third party software, did you try it? I'm afraid though that as it has the finished (downsampled) image as input, its output will also be 1600x900. I am not 100% sure but the input of ReShade is the same resolution as your screen, even if you use DSR.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Marty McFly.

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic What are the pros using to grab screenshots?
Honestly I was completely unaware that ReShade had a screenshot function. I'm trying to avoid 1600x900 as I'd rather have the finished image at 1920x1080, but if there's no way I can avoid it I suppose it's not a huge issue, just a preference thing.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic What are the pros using to grab screenshots?
(if you already tried Reshade's screenshotting function with DSR and it didn't work)
I've recently used SRWE (Simple Runtime Window Editor) to downsample and change aspect ratio in Fallout 4 - Reshade's screen capture produced pictures at full rendering resolution, so maybe you want to try that. You can find it as an optional download in this page www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7347/ ? and a small user's guide by Midhras somewhere in the comments. Beware that not every game can be downsampled with SRWE though - others use WBG (Windowed Borderless Gaming) to that end but I have never tried it myself.

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic What are the pros using to grab screenshots?
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check it out.

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #6 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic What are the pros using to grab screenshots?

FYKC wrote: Here's my situation:

Starting with Bioshock, I'm using GeDoSaTo to downsample from 2560x1440. On top of that I have ReShade doing it's thing. What I want to do is take a screenshot at 2560x1440, with ReShade's post-processing effects.

I have tried:

• Windows "Prt Scrn" function, and while it captures the image with the post-processing from ReShade, it does so at 1600x900 (my monitors default resolution).
  • PlayClaw 5 Plus, which captures the screenshot at 2560x1440 just as I would like, but it doesn't include anything from ReShade, giving me a nice big image of vanilla Bioshock.
  • Dxtory, has the same issue as the Prt Scrn function--captures the post-processing, but not at the actual rendering resolution of 2560x1440
  • GeDoSaTo's built-in screenshot function, plain doesn't work on my end.

Is there some utility that will allow me to take a screenshot at 2560x1440, with ReShade's effects being captured in the image as well?

Can you not set the Resolution in Dxtory?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Quentin-Tarantino.

• Martigen
More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic What are the pros using to grab screenshots?
Note GeDoSaTo has two built-in screenshot functions -- one takes a shot of the image pre-downsampling, the other post. There's two different screenshot keys for this.
That will get you a shot at your 2560x1440, but I don't know if it'll be grabbing the buffer post- or pre-reshade. Can always try. Note that GeDoSaTo has its own built-in shaders where the shots _will_ include this post-processing, but GeDoSaTo's are a subset of what you find in Reshade. Depends which functions you're using.

• Deathmedic
More
8 years 3 months ago #8 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic What are the pros using to grab screenshots?
Sorry for dragging up an oldish thread.

I use fraps for screenshots, even with amd's own downsampling it captures the image at the full size... ala 2560x1600 instead of 1920x1200.
don't know if it's fraps or amd's way of downsampling.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.