Some dumb questions...

• Konstantinov
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Konstantinov Some dumb questions... was created by Konstantinov
Hey all, total n00b here. I was wondering if someone could explain what depth buffer is? Also, is there a way to make the overlay completely disappear? I only have 2 lines showing up in the upper-left hand corner, so not so distracting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Some dumb questions...
Depthbuffer access is necessary for effects that rely on depth, such as AO and DOF. If a particular game is compatible with ReShade and has depthbuffer access, then these effects can be used. If it doesn't have depthbuffer access, then these effects can not be used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Konstantinov

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Some dumb questions...

Konstantinov wrote: Also, is there a way to make the overlay completely disappear? I only have 2 lines showing up in the upper-left hand corner, so not so distracting.

Those disappear after a few seconds when an effect file was successfully loaded.

• Konstantinov
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by Konstantinov Replied by Konstantinov on topic Some dumb questions...

crosire wrote:

Konstantinov wrote: Also, is there a way to make the overlay completely disappear? I only have 2 lines showing up in the upper-left hand corner, so not so distracting.

Those disappear after a few seconds when an effect file was successfully loaded.

I seem to have a few lines that stay the course. No big deal. Thanks guys!

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Some dumb questions...
You mean the statistics in the upper-right corner? You can disable them in "SweetFX\ReShade_settings.txt". =)

• Konstantinov
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by Konstantinov Replied by Konstantinov on topic Some dumb questions...
Thanks much.

• Konstantinov
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by Konstantinov Replied by Konstantinov on topic Some dumb questions...
Hmmm, that didn't seem to work for me.

I edited the .txt file as shown here.

But I still get this.

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Konstantinov.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Some dumb questions...
And you edited the one in your game folder, where the setup copied it to?

• Konstantinov
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #9 by Konstantinov Replied by Konstantinov on topic Some dumb questions...

crosire wrote: And you edited the one in your game folder, where the setup copied it to?

I lack the intelligence to do so. :silly:

Edit: Worked, thanks again.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Konstantinov.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Some dumb questions...

Konstantinov wrote: Worked, thanks again.

=)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.