Need some clarification on how to use reshade

• Jaffi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by Jaffi Need some clarification on how to use reshade was created by Jaffi
Hello everyone!

I was playing GTA V lately and as I never was satisfied with the AA the game offers, I came across reshade for the first time. I downloaded gta5-mods.com/misc/reshade-sweetfx-graphics-mod , copied the files into my game directory and I was blown away by how good SMAA and color correction was paired with my downsampling VSR. Love it!

Now I've got one question left. If I wanted to update the old version of reshade that comes with the package above (0.18.4), which files would I have to replace, downloading the latest version from reshade.me/sweetfx ?

As far as I can tell, only the "SweetFX_settings.txt" is important to keep from the old package? Then of course the .dll has to be updated, but what about ReShade.fx and sweet.fx? Sweet.fx is different in the latest package. Then there's the files and folders in "SweetFX", what about them?

SweetFX version in the old package still is 2.0 update 8.

So in short, I want to use latest sweetfx and reshade, but want to keep every single setting and configuration from gta5-mods.com/misc/reshade-sweetfx-graphics-mod , how do I do it?

Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need some clarification on how to use reshade
You are right, the SweetFX_settings.txt is the one file the entire preset is stored in. So you can (and have to) safely replace all other files with the newest version.
Most importantly the DLL, as that's ReShade, and version 1.1 is faster compared to 0.18; but also the SweetFX shader files, since performance improvements were made in their code too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.