ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII???

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #1 by MonarchX ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII??? was created by MonarchX
D3D9 version of Dark Souls II with GeDoSaTo, IMO, looks better than D3D11 version of Dark Souls II. Is it possible to make D3D11 version + ReShade look the same as D3D9 version + GeDoSaTo? I recall D3D9 version + GeDoSaTo had great SuperSampling, HBAO/SSAO, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roxahris
More
8 years 1 week ago #2 by roxahris Replied by roxahris on topic ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII???
No, not really. The mods for the D3D9 version have access to variables that ReShade does not. I don't think ReShade has depth buffer access in SotFS, so no AO, and the new tonemapping really messes with the colour ranges so you won't necessarily get a good effect with that either.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII???

roxahris wrote: No, not really. The mods for the D3D9 version have access to variables that ReShade does not. I don't think ReShade has depth buffer access in SotFS, so no AO, and the new tonemapping really messes with the colour ranges so you won't necessarily get a good effect with that either.

Are there any screenshots out there that compare DSII D3D9 + High Quality GeDoSaTo (SuperSampling, SSAO, etc.) vs. DSII D3D11 ? In your opinion, which versions looks better (assuming D3D9 version is used with High Quality GeDoSaTo settings) ?

• robgrab
More
8 years 1 week ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII???
That is unfortunate. I specifically bought DS2 SotFS a while ago thinking the addition of DX11 would make it look better (plus it includes all the DLC) but I quickly learned that wasn't the case. Unfortunately mods like GeDoSaTo and ENB only work with DX9. I might eventually pick up the original DS2 (DX9 version) on a Steam Fire Sale since I can't justify buying the same guy twice. In the meantime I'm having loads of fun with DS3.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.