Does ReShade add any extra input lag?

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 days ago #1 by MonarchX Does ReShade add any extra input lag? was created by MonarchX
AFAIK ReShade shaders can add anywhere from small to large frame-time latency, depending on the shader used and how demanding that shader is. From my understanding ReShade 2.0 underwent major changes / re-writing that decreased shader-related latencies in general, which is awesome. However, I am curious whether ReShade adds any additional input lag... ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
8 years 8 hours ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Does ReShade add any extra input lag?
Yes it adds. It all depends on the performance of your machine. The more demanding shaders, the larger drop on fps and more input lag. I use a toaster as my pc. On that some games become unplayable due to lag even though fps drop isn't ernomous.

• kasakka
More
8 years 3 hours ago #3 by kasakka Replied by kasakka on topic Does ReShade add any extra input lag?
Haven't noticed any issues at least with the shaders I've used. I have one of the lowest input lag displays on the market (ASUS PG278Q). This is using ReShade 1.1 though.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.