MartyMcFly DEPTHOFFIELD

• PostDan
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by PostDan MartyMcFly DEPTHOFFIELD was created by PostDan
Hello,

I've been messing around with the "MartyMcFly DEPTHOFFIELD" effect for hours now and I've run into some confusion with the settings. Auto focus seems to work perfectly, but when I switch to manual focus I run into some confusion. For some reason no matter what I do, I can't get the manual focus to work. Its all just one straight blur with no focus point, it doesn't seem to work no matter what I do with the settings. Any ideas?

Btw this is an amazing post effect! It looks better than what you could do in After Effects for example.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MartyMcFly DEPTHOFFIELD
Well...the manual focus setting makes the "fADOF_ManualfocusDepth" active. A depth setting of 0.0 means camera itself is in focus, 1.0 means the sky is in focus. Set to to like 0.2, make sure "fADOF_InfiniteFocus" is set to 1.0 and then it should behave like autofocus whwn you focus on something that is a couple of yards away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.