File trees collapsed or expanded by default?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by crosire File trees collapsed or expanded by default? was created by crosire
Here's a general question. Would you prefer the file trees on the home page to be collapsed or expanded by default?

Collapsed:

Expanded:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic File trees collapsed or expanded by default?
I think collapsed? or maybe count number of effects, for example >5 collapsed <6 expanded

ps: just had a thought when I saw your screenshot with so many shaders... what if you have also .fx from enbseries in the same folder? will it give error or they are ignored? (I haven't tested)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mindu.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic File trees collapsed or expanded by default?

mindu wrote: ps: just had a thought when I saw your screenshot with so many shaders... what if you have also .fx from enbseries in the same folder? will it give error or they are ignored? (I haven't tested)

Error. But simply remove the folder from the effect search paths and you are fine.

• Ioxa
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic File trees collapsed or expanded by default?
I would prefer collapsed by default. I usually only use a few shaders and I find myself collapsing all the unused ones, it would be quicker to just open the ones I want to use.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #5 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic File trees collapsed or expanded by default?
My vote would be default to collapsed please.

Also on the subject of UI are we able to use

ui_hidden_if_variable_is_false = "info";

yet? Or is there going to be a better way down the line?

Thank you, for you hard work.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• Martigen
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic File trees collapsed or expanded by default?

Ioxa wrote: I would prefer collapsed by default. I usually only use a few shaders and I find myself collapsing all the unused ones, it would be quicker to just open the ones I want to use.

This.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #7 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic File trees collapsed or expanded by default?
If we can change it with simple command somewhere in ini file, and each will decide what he wants per game for example and such.

• Genrix
More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by Genrix Replied by Genrix on topic File trees collapsed or expanded by default?
At the bottom of the window should show only option that effect, which was a mouse click at the top of the window. When will a lot of effects, the settings management will be complicated.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.