"Send a signal" from host program?

• Whirligig231
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Whirligig231 "Send a signal" from host program? was created by Whirligig231
I'm currently working on a modification of an existing game and want to include ReShade for better graphics. (I'll be sure to look into the licensing details for this; if it's not possible to bundle ReShade with the mod, I'll just have to tell people to get it here, no big deal.)

Is there any way to send a signal to ReShade's shaders from the host program? That is, is there any way to change shader settings based on game logic?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic "Send a signal" from host program?
Not currently, but it's an interesting idea. Could be done by equiping ReShade with a programmable API.

• Martigen
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic "Send a signal" from host program?

Whirligig231 wrote: I'm currently working on a modification of an existing game and want to include ReShade for better graphics. (I'll be sure to look into the licensing details for this; if it's not possible to bundle ReShade with the mod, I'll just have to tell people to get it here, no big deal.)

Is there any way to send a signal to ReShade's shaders from the host program? That is, is there any way to change shader settings based on game logic?

If you can write to a file from the mod, you can simply modify Reshade's settings files -- it automatically picks up when they change and re-initializes.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic "Send a signal" from host program?
True. But recompiling takes time and stalls the game, not necessarily something you want when triggering changes mid-game.

• Whirligig231
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Whirligig231 Replied by Whirligig231 on topic "Send a signal" from host program?
Would it be possible to alter the shader code so that it depends on the color of e.g. the top-left pixel of the screen, then mask that pixel in a UI mask so that other shaders don't affect it, and then change that pixel in the game?

Another idea: could I simulate a key press from the game that controls the shader's toggle key?

• Roxxtar
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Roxxtar Replied by Roxxtar on topic "Send a signal" from host program?

Whirligig231 wrote: Another idea: could I simulate a key press from the game that controls the shader's toggle key?

Check my topic below for info on how to do this:

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/825-toggle-timeout

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.