Possible to get around WildStar DLL issue?

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Hiro1221 Possible to get around WildStar DLL issue? was created by Hiro1221
Hey all,

I'm liking to get back into WildStar, the MMO, but the graphics seem off to me now after a long hiatus. Don't know why but they look like crap. I loved it before when I was playing with the whole cartoony-look but maybe playing ESO did something to me.

Anyways, it seems like WildStar had a patch while I was gone that stopped allowing SweetFX to work on it. From what I've been told it's because of how they made the game load(?) the DLL files directly and no longer searching the game directory folder where SweetFX would go.

Is there a way around this to allow me to use SweetFX? Heard RadeonPro is still workable so, if it is, I don't see why SFX wouldn't. I'm a complete and utter beginner to SweetFX Shader as well so not even sure where to start to figure this out. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Possible to get around WildStar DLL issue?
You could inject ReShade via ENBInjector.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro1221

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Hiro1221 Replied by Hiro1221 on topic Possible to get around WildStar DLL issue?
Thanks. Do you know where I can get the download as well as a tutorial on how all of it works?

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Hiro1221 Replied by Hiro1221 on topic Tutorials on SFX+Reshade+ENB injection?
Hey. Made another post about figuring out how to use everything with WildStar and a member was kind enough to suggest using ENBinjection.

Seems like it would work but I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm pretty lost at this point. Looked around for tutorials but all anyone shows is how to use it specifically with certain games; especially Skyrim.

Can anyone refer me to a general tutorial so I can use SFX+ReShade with ENB or simply a tutorial for each individually? If there's a tutorial for all 3 that's perfect but any tutorials would be helpful at this point since I'm at a blank. Thanks.

• Roxxtar
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Roxxtar Replied by Roxxtar on topic Tutorials on SFX+Reshade+ENB injection?
You can not use ENB with Wildstar since it only works with games it's creator chooses, and Wildstar isn't one of them.

However you may be able to use the ENBinjector to use ReShade+SFX. Just download the ENBinjector (generic version) from the ENB website, then copy the enbinjector.exe and enbinjector.ini into your main Wildstar game directory (where the exe that you start the game with is located). Also make sure to extract ReShade into that same folder.

Next open up the enbinjector.ini and make these changes...

LibraryName=enbseries.dll (change to either ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll, I don't play Wildstar so not sure which, just try both)

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=tesv.exe (change to the main Wildstar exe process file - the actual game's exe - not the launcher if there is one)

That should put you in business. No guarantees though since I'm unfamiliar with that particular game, and it might be incompatible altogether.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro1221

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Hiro1221 Replied by Hiro1221 on topic Tutorials on SFX+Reshade+ENB injection?
Thanks a lot. Will give it a go.

• Reizo
More
8 years 8 months ago #7 by Reizo Replied by Reizo on topic Tutorials on SFX+Reshade+ENB injection?
I tried the suggested process, with these changes

LibraryName - tried both ReShade32.dll and ReShade64.dll

and

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=WildStar64.exe

However, nothing makes a difference. Does this mean its impossible to inject dlls into Wildstar?

In case someone wishes to know, I tried using SweetFX 2.0 (Running on ReShade) so that I could be certain all files were in order.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.