Difference(s) between SweetFX and Frameworks?

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Hiro1221 Difference(s) between SweetFX and Frameworks? was created by Hiro1221
Hello,

I've been using SweetFX+ReShade to get Elder Scrolls Online to look its best and though it definitely helps, I felt there could be more from using the Presets available on the Sfx.thelazy.net. I decided to look around for other Presets or other programs and was recommended Frameworks which brings me to my question:

What, if any, is the difference between SFX and Frameworks? From what I can it seems like Frameworks is a bundle of everything into one while SFX is led Ceejay alone which makes me think SFX has differences.

I haven't messed with Frameworks yet due to OC my CPU and GPU since I got some new hardware. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Difference(s) between SweetFX and Frameworks?
Right now the Framework (shader pack) is essentially a combination of most shaders that were written for ReShade, the SweetFX shaders are a part of it. The reason SweetFX is still provided as a separate option is mainly because it is well known.

WIth the upcoming 1.0 release this subdivision will probably change though. Instead of three download options (which is confusing for many) there will be only one, the combined "ReShade Framework", which contains the ReShade DLLs and a basic framework for shader developers to easily add new shaders to which are compatible to each other. All the available shaders can then be downloaded and configured through the config tool that is currently tested as part of the Framework shader pack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.