• lowenz
More
8 years 1 month ago #21 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 2.0
Always with dgVoodoo (->D3D11/DXGI) + DXIW

06/03/2016 16:31:54:295 [02020] | INFO | Recreated runtime environment on runtime 0A2A2DC8.
06/03/2016 16:31:54:295 [02020] | TRACE | > Returned swap chain object: 0408EA10
06/03/2016 16:31:54:295 [02020] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(0408EA10, FALSE, 00000000)' ...
06/03/2016 16:31:54:296 [02020] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(0408EA10, TRUE, 0A2C3E90)' ...
06/03/2016 16:31:54:550 [02020] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(0408EA10, FALSE, 00000000)' ...
06/03/2016 16:31:54:731 [02020] | INFO | Redirecting 'IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(0408EA10, FALSE, 00000000)' ...
06/03/2016 16:31:54:731 [02020] | INFO | Destroyed runtime environment on runtime 0A2A2DC8.
06/03/2016 16:31:54:732 [02020] | TRACE | Destroyed 'IDXGISwapChain' object 0408EA10.
06/03/2016 16:31:54:732 [02020] | WARN | Reference count for 'IDXGIDevice' object 0A35BC78 is inconsistent: 2, but expected 1.
06/03/2016 16:31:54:732 [02020] | TRACE | Destroyed 'IDXGIDevice' object 0A35BC78.
06/03/2016 16:31:54:732 [02020] | TRACE | Destroyed 'ID3D11DeviceContext' object 0A35BC58.
06/03/2016 16:31:54:748 [02020] | TRACE | Destroyed 'ID3D11Device' object 0400E2B8.
The topic has been locked.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #22 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0

lowenz wrote: Always with dgVoodoo (->D3D11/DXGI) + DXIW

It's a warning. Don't worry about it.
  • imz777
More
8 years 1 month ago #23 by imz777 Replied by imz777 on topic 2.0
I have manually renamed the Reshade64.dll to DXGI.DLL placed it in the Battlefield 4 Folder, even though the shaders show in the Reshade assistant and I can tick them. Nothing happens in game
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #24 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0

imz777 wrote: I have manually renamed the Reshade64.dll to DXGI.DLL placed it in the Battlefield 4 Folder, even though the shaders show in the Reshade assistant and I can tick them. Nothing happens in game

Don't. You need to create a profile for the game using the assistant.
  • lowenz
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #25 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 2.0

crosire wrote:

lowenz wrote: Always with dgVoodoo (->D3D11/DXGI) + DXIW

It's a warning. Don't worry about it.

A warning + a crash to desktop :p (and for Thief Deadly Shadows a black screen :D )

ReShade 1.1.0 didn't have this problem (chained to dgVoodoo).
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by lowenz.
  • MaxG3D
More
8 years 1 month ago #26 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic 2.0
Why are you forcing this mediator/assistant garbage down our throats? Do you really think that the majority of Reshade users are 12 years old COD players that need assistance in running a simple injector? What was so bad about .ini editing that you had to ruin it?

You've created such a beautiful tool and of course you have to make it nightmare to work with... Please, I'm begging you, stop doing that, make it manual editing friendly again!
  • lowenz
More
8 years 1 month ago #27 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 2.0
We can always develop other UIs, no need to attack Crosire!
  • MaxG3D
More
8 years 1 month ago #28 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic 2.0
All of that could've been avoided if you would've create an in-game GUI. It's that simple. But instead, for some reason you make it as unnecessarily complicated as possible...
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #29 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0
Nobody stops you from using ReShade without it, still works just fine. The shaders were written to fall back to the default profile and preset if no custom was created, so it's still as easy as putting the files into the game folder and renaming the ReShade DLL. To edit settings, head over to ReShade\Presets\Default.

The majority of ReShade users are not "advanced users", no. Central loading and storage of presets is much more user-friendly and a lot faster to set up. I wasn't a big fan of it at first either, but prefer it now, after getting used to it.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tycholarfero, Apocalypso
  • robgrab
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #30 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic 2.0
I sincerely appreciate all the hard work you pour into Reshade and I use on nearly every single game. I'm very excited for this new release and the changes/improvements you've added but how do you use it? Is there a readme file with instructions that I missed? It took me a while to get used to Mediator but eventually grew to prefer it over editing text files. I'm sure I'll get used to this too I just need a quick start guide or something to help me get started. Also, is there a way to import 1.1 presets into 2.0? Thanks in advance. :)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by robgrab.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #31 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2.0

robgrab wrote: I sincerely appreciate all the hard work you pour into Reshade and I use on nearly every single game. I'm very excited for this new release and the changes/improvements you've added but how do you use it? Is there a readme file with instructions that I missed? It took me a while to get used to Mediator but eventually grew to prefer it over editing text files. I'm sure I'll get used to this too I just need a quick start guide or something to help me get started. Also, is there a way to import 1.1 presets into 2.0? Thanks in advance. :)

Crosire added a few basic steps to the home page:
1: On the profiles page, add (+) your target application
2: On the presets page, select or add (+) a preset with that a selected profile will be affiliated with
3: On the shaders page, toggle (left click) shader/effects and select (right click) them for further configuration
4: On the values page, configure individual shader/effect values
5: On the global page, change application related settings

Optional
6: On the tool page you can preview changes and open the transmod tool to port your 1.1 configuration (RFX_ToggleKey value has afterwards to be changed to RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY)
7: On the front/main page you can customize the look and navigation of the assistant tool
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed toggle key name
  • kinjx11
More
8 years 1 month ago #32 by kinjx11 Replied by kinjx11 on topic 2.0
MartyMcfly's LUT values are not usable with this hotfix
  • matsilagi
More
8 years 1 month ago #33 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic 2.0
Congrats on version 2.0! It fixed all the problems i had with OpenGL ReVolt and Ambient Occlusion or Depth-based effects.

Gonna try CA and the ones that caused blackscreen later.
  • Apocalypso
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #34 by Apocalypso Replied by Apocalypso on topic 2.0
ignore this
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Apocalypso. Reason: For some reason problem fixed itself next time I launched the game
  • bopper2010
More
8 years 1 month ago #35 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic 2.0
Thanks to everyone involved for the awesome job you did with 2.0 guys.
  • MrBeer
More
8 years 1 month ago #36 by MrBeer Replied by MrBeer on topic 2.0
It would be nice if someone would make a video how to use this and how to go from sweetfx to framework.
Thanks for the hard work
  • bopper2010
More
8 years 1 month ago #37 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic 2.0
I will be doing some YouTube tutorials on 2.0 and in particular the Assistant Tool and how it works, I can see how new users would find it massively confusing, I personally think the Assistant tool isnt an improvement on the Mediator in terms of function, it may looks prettier and have a lot of fancy tabs but its already crashed 3 times on my system and the Mediator never did that. I will need to time to learn the new tool and find the best way to set it up as currently all the shader effects are just grouped into one long list, there is no sub menus or ways to really distinguish each shader pack from eachother which is especially confusing for someone who has never used Reshade before or is used to the older ways.

I will post something once I get the tutorial done, hope it wont take too long.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #38 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 2.0

bopper2010 wrote: all the shader effects are just grouped into one long list, there is no sub menus or ways to really distinguish each shader pack from eachother

That's intentional. The concept of "shader packs" does not exist anymore. To find a specific shader, or all from a specific author, you can use the filter at the top (just start typing as soon as the tab is opened, the filter field is the active input by default).
  • bopper2010
More
8 years 1 month ago #39 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic 2.0

crosire wrote:

bopper2010 wrote: all the shader effects are just grouped into one long list, there is no sub menus or ways to really distinguish each shader pack from eachother

That's intentional. The concept of "shader packs" does not exist anymore. To find a specific shader, or all from a specific author, you can use the filter at the top (just start typing as soon as the tab is opened, the filter field is the active input by default).

I can appreciate that Crosire, but in terms of actually selecting the effects you want to use it has become a tad more tedious than the previous implementation in Mediator. The shaders are still differentiated by the shader creator's name like Ganossa or CeeJay, surely grouping them accordingly in some drop down menu or something would be simpler in terms of ease of use and navigation.

I just think that a new user wont have a clue how to really use this tool in its current layout and even users who are experienced with Mediator will find it more tedious to use. This is supposed to be just a configuration utility for the Reshade shaders and nothing more, it seems like more emphasis was put on visual aesthetics and the looks of the tool itself rather than on ease of use. This is just my personal gripes at the moment, Im sure Ganossa will improve it greatly in future releases I just feel its kind of a step back in certain aspects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CaptKornDog1
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 1 month ago #40 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic 2.0
Crashs on windows 10 pro 64bit for me unless ran as admin

Reshade assistant shows up as black screen image doesn't load

Profile gets lost and reverts back to default settings causing no shaders to able to run

reshade mediator gives me a headache looking at the mess that it is making me go back to using notepad++ instead of this pile you wasted time on again
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.