• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #1 by crosire 0.16 was created by crosire
Changelog

0.16.0:
  • Replaced logging library with own (lighter) implementation
  • Added separate FPS and clock overlays, enabled via "#pragma reshade showfps" and "#pragma reshade showclock"
  • Added status message when toggling techniques, enabled via "#pragma reshade showtogglemessage"
  • Added "R16F", "RG16", "RG16F" and "RG32F" texture formats
  • Added "WRAP" alias for the "REPEAT" texture addressing value again
  • Added "tex2Dgrad" and "tex2Dproj" intrinsics
  • Added "toggle" option to "key" annotation
  • Added effect parser error when initializer or return expression don't match the corresponding type
  • Added effect parser error when sampler of texture variables are declared inside function bodies
  • Added array initialization which fills unprovided elements with zero to effect parser
  • Added effect parser error when parsing an invalid function parameter declaration
  • Added hooks for OpenGL pbuffer extensions
  • Changed runtime to update constants per technique instead of per pass and aligned technique and pass performance
  • Changed "__RENDERER__" preprocessor macro to be more detailed about feature levels and shader model version
  • Changed OpenGL hooks to only initialize runtime on render context if it is used for presentation
  • Changed D3D8 shader assembly conversion to fix a number of issues preventing usage under D3D9
  • Changed status overlay text color to gray for better readibility in bright scenes
  • Changed filesystem monitor to only reload shaders if the modified file was added via "#include"
  • Fixed framerate to be averaged over multiple frames
  • Fixed "tex2Dgather" and "tex2Dgatheroffset" not working on shader models below 4.1
  • Fixed parser not producing syntax error in top level when encountering unexpected tokens
  • Fixed missing warnings if effect was parsed successfully
  • Fixed effect parser to only accept two-dimensional textures for the "RenderTarget" pass state
  • Fixed invalid pixel format error during OpenGL context creation because of applications using the undocumented "wglSetPixelFormat" directly
  • Fixed D3D8 texture copying failing when copying non-rendertargets between default and system memory pool
  • Fixed OpenGL crash due to use of TLS
  • Fixed ReShade to GLSL compiler error when using floating point values to index into arrays
  • Fixed "CreateDXGIFactory[1]" not hooking "IDXGIFactory2" swapchain creation methods
  • Fixed D3D8 hooks not setting interface arguments to nullptr on failure
  • Fixed D3D8 texturing issues for games attempting to use "D3DFMT_R8G8B8"
  • Fixed effect compilation failing without error if the "RenderTargetWriteMask" pass state was used
  • Fixed runtimes doing cleanup even when they are not currently initialized
  • Fixed OpenGL hooks switching runtime every frame if game uses pbuffers
  • Removed effect language support for uniform structs
  • Removed log message when "IDirect3DDevice8::GetDeviceCaps" is called
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aufkrawall, MrBeer, Mikan, CeeJay.dk, Nekrik, Bishi, angellman, Alex_outer, RyuHeiNation, padolamap and 25 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.16
Update: 0.16.0 fixes compatibility with Unity 5 Dx11 games (Cities: Skyline, etc.), which no longer worked with any graphics related injector (InjectSMAA, Boulotaurs, ...). It also works with Unreal Engine 4.7 (Unreal Tournament, etc.) now, where it previously failed.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bishi, angellman, Omnipotus, BrandonHortman, jas01, Aelius Maximus
  • Omnipotus
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic 0.16
Before I went to bed last night, there was problems, I wake up and now everything is fixed, who's da man, YOU DA MAN!!! :D

I told ya all you needed was to sleep on it :)

K-putt gonna be super happy about Ori and Cities working, heck I am, Ori is gorgeous and soon, made even more gorgeous :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire
  • Courier
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic 0.16
Talk about speed.
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic 0.16
A Champion among men ( or however you self identify =P )
  • vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic 0.16
Crosire, any word on compatibility with the Unreal Engine 4 editor?
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.16

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Crosire, any word on compatibility with the Unreal Engine 4 editor?

The editor runs on Unreal Engine itself, so ReShade works fine with it, but it thus is applied on the entire editor, not just the preview window ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: tekktekk, Aelius Maximus
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.16
Another update: Rewrote the D3D8 to D3D9 shader assembly code converter, it is now capable of fixing a lot more errors than previously (haven't encountered a new one yet). Also changed texture creation under D3D8, fixing the missing textures issues some D3D8 games had.
The following, previously not working (or working, but with graphical glitches) games are now compatible with ReShade 0.16.0:
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Rome: Total War
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, tekktekk, Aelius Maximus
  • BatJoe
More
9 years 1 month ago #9 by BatJoe Replied by BatJoe on topic 0.16
When do you think we may be able to try this one out?
  • vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic 0.16

crosire wrote:

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Crosire, any word on compatibility with the Unreal Engine 4 editor?

The editor runs on Unreal Engine itself, so ReShade works fine with it, but it thus is applied on the entire editor, not just the preview window ...

lol. I know that. I have been using it since April last year. I am currently working with a team making a game with UE4 (see my sig).

Glad to know it's working without crashing the engine now! :)
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.16

BatJoe wrote: When do you think we may be able to try this one out?

Soonâ„¢.

vfxninjaeditor wrote: I am currently working with a team making a game with UE4 (see my sig).

Nice job! =)
  • GERgta
More
9 years 1 month ago #12 by GERgta Replied by GERgta on topic 0.16
I am hyped for this update. OpenGL crashfix and FPS-Counter? All my yes. :woohoo:
  • MonarchX
More
9 years 1 month ago #13 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 0.16
Thank you so much for this awesome tool! I use it for almost every single game out there.

I noticed that most fixes are targeting D3D8 and D3D9. Is that because D3D8 and D3D9 are the buggiest ones or is it simply because D3D11/DXGI is more polished/problem-free?

Do you plan on creating an easy-to-use UI, kind of like RadeonPro, but specifically for ReShade and SweetFX?
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #14 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.16
Thanks =)

MonarchX wrote: I noticed that most fixes are targeting D3D8 and D3D9. Is that because D3D8 and D3D9 are the buggiest ones or is it simply because D3D11/DXGI is more polished/problem-free?

The main D3D9/10/11 parts are indeed pretty solid, there are some small issues here and there that need fixing (like the Unity 5/UnrealEngine 4.7 ones), but it was the D3D8 to D3D9 converter that was the most buggy component, so I focued on that one for a while.

MonarchX wrote: Do you plan on creating an easy-to-use UI, kind of like RadeonPro, but specifically for ReShade and SweetFX?

I haven't planned doing that myself, since the SweetFX (CeeJay), MasterEffect (Marty McFly) and GEMFX (LuciferHawk) creators are still working on collaborating and one feature of that plan is a configurator tool much like what you are describing. There is a preview posted down in the GEMFX section of this forum.
  • ThirdNostril
More
9 years 1 month ago #15 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic 0.16
Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for this awesome creation. Donated what I could because there isn't a game that I play that isn't running reshade.

I do have a question though and it might have been asked before but would there ever be a ui to reshade like the one that is in enb when you press shift+enter?
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #16 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.16
Thank you so much =)

ThirdNostril wrote: I do have a question though and it might have been asked before but would there ever be a ui to reshade like the one that is in enb when you press shift+enter?

ReShade does have a full 2D vector graphics pipeline (open source project for OpenGL/D3D11, I contributed a D3D9/10 renderer to cover all APIs ReShade supports) implemented, which is currently used for rendering the very simple text overlay you see when starting up. But that nowhere near what it is capable of, it certainly can render a fully featured GUI and I have some crazy ideas in mind where one can drag shaders around in a timeline ingame to change their order, click on them to change variables etc. Won't make it into version 1.0, but certainly is something for 2.0.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MS-DOS
  • Mike Gous
More
9 years 1 month ago #17 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic 0.16
Hopefully version 0.16 will fix the problems i have with the opengl game Medal of Honor. Every thing looks good up to the Main Menu, but once I start a new game and choose the difficult mode the whole screen gets a pale grainey color through which you can't see. Same with the previous versions of Reshade. Wonder what is wrong here? :(
  • Alger
More
9 years 1 month ago #18 by Alger Replied by Alger on topic 0.16
When will be released? very need :)
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #19 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.16

Alger wrote: When will be released?

In this very second . Enjoy =)
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, padolamap, jas01, Alger
  • Alger
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #20 by Alger Replied by Alger on topic 0.16
ty ty ty :)
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.