• rockenren
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #21 by rockenren Replied by rockenren on topic 0.17
I don't understand: should be or not the toggle key in SweetFX2.0 standalone version?
Because now it working but not as intended.
The topic has been locked.
  • Martigen
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #22 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 0.17

Mike Gous wrote: That's right.

The toggle (ScrollLock) works in d3d8.dll, dxgi.dll and OpenGL games, but not in d3d9.dll games.

Ehh, not quite. I'm seeing this issue with Dragon Age: Inquistion, which is dxgi.dll DX11. I've only tested 0.17 on a handful of games, but the toggle key is only working on half of them. No idea what's common about those games that don't suddenly work. Also, in DA:I at least, '*' to display the depth buffer also doesn't work (and yes, Depth is set to 1 in sweetfx settings. In 0.16 the '*' key works). Something has changed in 0.17.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #23 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.17

crosire wrote:

• Changed keyboard polling so that multiple techniques can use the same toggle key now

It is buggy, I'm aware of that, there is really no need to repeat that in every second post made currently ;) .
  • Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #24 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic 0.17
Crosire wrote:

Changed keyboard polling so that multiple techniques can use the same toggle key now

It is buggy, I'm aware of that, there is really no need to repeat that in every second post made currently ;) .
===============================================================================================================
Hello Crosire. I know you are tired of reading the same posts over and over again, but I would like to give you some feedback.

I have downloaded your new ReShade 0.17.1 with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8.

I can confirm the toggle (ScrollLock) works in my d3d8.dll, dxgi.dll and OpenGL games, but not in the d3d9.dll games.

Just to let you know and sorry to bother. :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Mike Gous.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #25 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 0.17

crosire wrote: I'm aware of that

=)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Gous
  • Martigen
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #26 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 0.17

crosire wrote:

crosire wrote: I'm aware of that

=)

I can't tell if Mike Gous was trolling or not :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Martigen.
  • Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #27 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic 0.17
Martigen - Please explain what you meant by "I can't tell if Mike Gous was trolling or not :)"

According to Wikipedia it means the following:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I am 71 years old and I haven't got time for bullshit. When I post something it is because I genuinely believe I have discovered something that would be of interest to other forum users. Nobody is going to call me a troll. Period. :angry:
  • Martigen
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #28 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 0.17

Mike Gous wrote: Martigen - Please explain what you meant by "I can't tell if Mike Gous was trolling or not :)"

Hey Mike. No offence intended :) Crosire was saying how he was aware of the issue and there's no need to repeat it every second post. Not only did you quote this... but in the same post you then repeated what he said there was no need to repeat :)
  • Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #29 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic 0.17
Martigen - My view is that Crosire knew of the problem with the ScrollLock in version 0.17.0.

I presume he wanted to rectify it in version 0.17.1. I tested that version and found the same problem.

I gave him feedback and his reply was I'm aware of that".

What he actually means by that is that he is aware that the problem in 0.17.0 now also appears in 0.17.1.

It is possible that he had also tested version 0.17.1 on a d3d9.dll game.

In his post he did not mention anything about an upgrade to 0.17.1. I had a feeling there was a new version and downloaded it. Ok, the reason why I gave him the feedback was because I thought at that stage that he DID NOT YET KNOW the problem is now also in version 0.17.1. That's all.
  • MonarchX
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #30 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 0.17
Has SweetFX version changed from Beta 17.0 to Beta 17.1? Where can I download earlier versions of ReShade + SweetFX?

Also, I am not sure if this is the correct forum/thread to report findings, but Saints Row - Gat Out of Hell shows ReShade intro message, but in-game no changes take place when ReShade is toggled on or off. The message in the upper left corner is also missing when ReShade is toggled on or off. I think the upper-left corner message and toggling ReShade on and off does work in Main Menu, but not the game itself.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by MonarchX.
  • Evan20xx
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #31 by Evan20xx Replied by Evan20xx on topic 0.17

MonarchX wrote: Has SweetFX version changed from Beta 17.0 to Beta 17.1? Where can I download earlier versions of ReShade + SweetFX?

Check out my post here: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/294-reshade-repository
  • MonarchX
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #32 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 0.17
Thanks!

Quite a few games that used to work fine with ReShade now do not allow SweetFX toggling on and off. The default Scroll Lock key is the one I am using. Some games allow toggling, but other games do not show any messages in top left corner when Scroll Lock is pressed and effects in those are sometimes applied (permanently, without ability to toggle effects off), and sometimes not applied, regardless of whether Scroll Lock is pressed or not. Dues Ex - Human Revolution loads with effect applied, but toggling SweetFX on and off does not work. Saints Row - Gat out of Hell does not load effects and toggling does nothing, Pillars of Eternity does not load the effects and toggling does nothing, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter possibly loads the effects, but toggling does nothing, Metro Last Light (Redux) - not sure. Anyway, many games are effected by this toggling problem...

I am using the latest version of ReShade (0.17.1) and SweetFX (Beta 8). I installed everything properly... ReShade 0.16 worked perfectly for me, but starting with version 0.17, the toggling problem appeared and got worse with the latest version 0.17.1 . What is the problem and how do I fix it???
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by MonarchX.
  • Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #33 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic 0.17
MonarchX - You cannot fix it. Crosire is aware of the problem so we all have to be patient. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire
  • MonarchX
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #34 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 0.17
Oooh! I didn't realize that. Sorry!
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.