Question about flipped depth buffers

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Dwill0328 Question about flipped depth buffers was created by Dwill0328
First off let me start off by saying that discovering reshade has been the number 1 biggest upgrade to my gaming experience in the last 10 years (and i have spent thousands on gaming upgrades believe me). Being able to add ambient occlusion to dinosaur-aged games is the most priceless thing in the known universe. It's like experiencing beauty you know 99.99% of people have no idea about. I used to spend countless hours downloading every ENB ever made just trying to get ambient occlusion to work in some older games and i RARELY had any luck.. Reshade is like a godsend. It just works.

But anyhow, There are a few games that i would LOVE to have ssao/hbao enabled on (the last game i just tried was Miasmata and the SSAO worked but it was upside down) Its like having the PERFECT graphics is so close yet so far away. It drives me nuts! I want ambient occlusion in my brain!

Sorry if this is a noob question or if it insults the abilities of the guys that made re-shade.. but is there any way to add a feature to simply FLIP the upside-down depth buffer back again?

(also correct me if im wrong but when i see "depth buffer flipped" in the compatibility list that does just means the ambient occlusion is going to appear upside down right?) well thats at least what i think it means lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Question about flipped depth buffers

Dwill0328 wrote: (also correct me if im wrong but when i see "depth buffer flipped" in the compatibility list that does just means the ambient occlusion is going to appear upside down right?) well thats at least what i think it means lol.

That's correct.

Dwill0328 wrote: Sorry if this is a noob question or if it insults the abilities of the guys that made re-shade.. but is there any way to add a feature to simply FLIP the upside-down depth buffer back again?

And yes, it's as simple as one line of shader code. In fact you can do that yourself: reshade.me/forum/suggestions/601-manual-...r-flip?start=12#8269 .

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic Question about flipped depth buffers
Oh wow thank you! Exactly the kind of answer i was hoping for!

• klotim
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Question about flipped depth buffers

crosire wrote: it's as simple as one line of shader code. In fact you can do that yourself: reshade.me/forum/suggestions/601-manual-...r-flip?start=12#8269 .

This should be added as an option in the common.cfg

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Question about flipped depth buffers

klotim wrote: This should be added as an option in the common.cfg

Agreed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.