RFX_Initial Storage

• RAmbO
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by RAmbO RFX_Initial Storage was created by RAmbO
What does this do and what shaders depend on it?

In the config it says if you leave the initial storage and depth buffer at 1, it will automatically disable either of these depending on the shaders enabled. I'm only using Tuning Palette LUT and LumaSharpen and the storage did not automatically disable. If I manually disable the initial storage, I get a substantial FPS boost and the image looks exactly the same. The FPS boost depends on the draw calls but when they are low, the FPS boost is insane.

If the initial storage was necessary for the shaders, should there be a FPS boost with it enabled? I tried some heavier effects that require insane passes, such as GAUSS and there was still no reason to enable the initial storage as it resulted in lower performance and no difference in image quality.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by RAmbO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic RFX_Initial Storage
It's used in shaders that need to get the original game image after several passes were already applied to it. LumaSharpen and the LUT shader are not one of them, so you can safely disable it and get a little of extra performance from doing so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RAmbO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.