LUMASHARPEN / 1 - 3

• bluex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by bluex LUMASHARPEN / 1 - 3 was created by bluex
Is it possible to add a value more than 3, here ?

// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 3.00 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.099 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 1 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
//I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

Which file do i have to edit, to be able to do that ?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elimina
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic LUMASHARPEN / 1 - 3

bluex wrote: Is it possible to add a value more than 3, here ?

// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 3.00 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.099 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 1 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
//I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

Which file do i have to edit, to be able to do that ?
Thank you

Technically, in most cases, you can put any number you want, whether it is really small or a huge number like 99999.00. I change the numbers past their recommended limit all the time, and it rarely causes a compiling error (red). The numbers (IMO) are just a reference point for what seems realistic or stable. The problem with this is that the mediator sometimes glitches for some people if the values are over the limit and it doesn't allow them to edit the preset using the mediator.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic LUMASHARPEN / 1 - 3
@bluex: As Elimina says you can use values outside the declared value range, especially in the SweetFX group of shaders. Problem is that the Mediator won't be able to use the resulting file, it simply won't load. To circumvent this problem you can edit both the value and the value range. So in your case, let's say you want to use a sharpening strength of 13, you should edit the corresponding line to look like this

#define sharp_strength 13.00 // [0.10 to 13.00] Strength of the sharpening

That is if you want to use the Mediator. If not, just enter the value you want.

• bluex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by bluex Replied by bluex on topic LUMASHARPEN / 1 - 3
Thank you very much.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.