simple gaussian blur and a few more things

• kissb
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by kissb simple gaussian blur and a few more things was created by kissb
Hi there,

I'm trying to achieve a certain look with battlefront, and I'm not far from what I want, but there's one thing I can't get to work. The idea is to create a look that is similar to the grainy kodak films they used in 80s. Or at least the way I remember them.
What I'd like to use is a simple gaussian blur after all the other shaders but the noise, and with a much smaller radius than the one in the existing gaussian shader ( 0.5 pixels in photoshop terms ).This would blend things together nicely, especially in scenes with lots of grass, leaves, hair and such and would give a more cinematic feel. Any suggestion how to do this?
Also, it would be a great addition if we could use different amount of noise per color channel, without manually editing the shaders. This effect is visible on both celluloid films, and digital photos as well.
Here's a link with a bunch of shots, on the bottom you can see a frame from the game, then the one I've made with reshade, than the one with reshade and photoshop ( desert isn't the best example to show what a little blur could do, should have used the forest map, but you can see it on the other shots ) : szopoltyu.imgur.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kissb
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by kissb Replied by kissb on topic simple gaussian blur and a few more things
ehhh... imgur compression.. I'll see if I can upload it somewhere else..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.