[Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 7 years 1 month ago #1 by brussell [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look was created by brussell
Update: I've removed the links to the presets since they are outdated and I won't update them anymore. However, for people who are still interested I've created some luts, which contain their color changes (please search the forum, if you don't know what this is or how to use 3d-luts). Add some bloom and chromatic aberration and you should get the same results as using the original presets.

Link to lut-package: www.sendspace.com/file/uy3x7j

Galleries:
Misc
(Games: Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Dawn of War, Far Cry 2, Flatout 2, Torchlight, Shadowsgrounds Survivor, UT 2004, Prince of Persia, Shadow of the Colossus (pcsx2))
Comparison
Far Cry 2
Unreal Tournament 2015
Torchlight 2
Jedi Knight 2

edit: Changed gallery link and added some games; reuploaded Reshade.fx with minor changes
edit: added new version which also uses the new MER 1.1.
edit: preset now based on MER 1.1.190
edit: added modified preset for Torchlight 2
edit: added modified preset for Jedi Knight 2
edit: removed preset links, added link to lut-package
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, kaicooper, Marty McFly, SAM609, CryZENx, VoodaGod, jmp909, mindu, XIIICaesar, Meddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
lol Shadow of the Colossus that would have been fun to get working.. or maybe its easy and there is no lag for you, and for me maybe I just suck at configuring my emu

• CryZENx
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by CryZENx Replied by CryZENx on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
This looks awesome! :woohoo:

• zhizheamd
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by zhizheamd Replied by zhizheamd on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
This looks awesome! :side:

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #5 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Just for your information: I've added a new version of my preset.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Does this need any update for the newest fixes in ME?

Looks really awesome in most of the games I have tried it in, btw. Nice color and contrast.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by vfxninjaeditor.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Thanks.
The preset is based on MER 1.1.111 with SMAA fix. So it doesn't contain the opengl and masking fix yet. But I will upload an updated version soon.

• wo2x
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #8 by wo2x Replied by wo2x on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Hi, if i wanted to sharpen the image a little how would i do that? thanks this is amazing

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look

wo2x wrote: Hi, if i wanted to sharpen the image a little how would i do that? thanks this is amazing

This is the sharpen section in MasterEffect.h
//SHARPEN
#define fSharpBias                      0.05    //[0.05 to 1.0] How big the sharpen offset is (used to compare neighbor pixels to get sharpen amount
#define fSharpStrength                  0.3     //[0.05 to 1.0] Amount of sharpening you want.
#define fSharpClamp                     0.2     //[0.2 to 2.0] Clamps the sharpening to a maximum amount to prevent aliasing

Just raise fSharpStrength. If that is not sufficient, try to raise the two other values accordingly.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #10 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
I've added a customised preset for Jedi Knight 2 to my initial post,
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tycholarfero

• kaicooper
More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
brussel

this's MASTERPIECE work brother

witch Mastereffect u using?

i just got Jedi Knight Outcast GOG and defenitly i'll use this with it

i need only 1 request from u

could u plz make a good preset for Star Wars Battlefront II..

thats all i need brother

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #12 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look

• kaicooper
More
8 years 11 months ago #13 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
thats awesom bro..thanx

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #14 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Is anyone out there who wants this to be ported to the latest ME release (or framework)? Just asking... and bumping this thread out of the grave ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
8 years 8 months ago #15 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look

brussell wrote: Is anyone out there who wants this to be ported to the latest ME release (or framework)? Just asking... and bumping this thread out of the grave ;)

Yea mate i would :)

• Lordstade
More
8 years 3 months ago #16 by Lordstade Replied by Lordstade on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Hi Brussell, Your Jedi Knight 2 screenshots are really stunning. I was amazed enjoying them. You did a great job, congrats.Would you be so kind to upload the Preset, you know the link is dead. Thanks in advance.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #17 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Thanks. I've updated the links. Don't forget to also put the MasterEffect folder from MasterEffect 1.1.190 release into your game folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lordstade

• toomighty
More
7 years 3 months ago #18 by toomighty Replied by toomighty on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look

brussell wrote: Thanks. I've updated the links. Don't forget to also put the MasterEffect folder from MasterEffect 1.1.190 release into your game folder.

Would you mind to reupload the torchlight 2 preset? Link is dead. Regards

• BeTa
More
7 years 3 months ago #19 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
:silly: hey there.

yes please reupload those packages. theyr all dead..
This really looks nice and i wanna fiddle with it haha..

THX mate.. greetings

• Meddy
More
7 years 1 month ago #20 by Meddy Replied by Meddy on topic [Preset] Cinematic Tonemapped Look
Can anyone who still has these presets please re-upload them? I'm interested in the Legacy and JK2 presets.

Thanks.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.