The Best Type Of Sharp Effects

• Abby
  • Topic Author
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Abby The Best Type Of Sharp Effects was created by Abby
What is the best sharp effect for Rage shit games like GTA IV and V

FineSharp by JPulowski
LumaSharpen by CeeJay
AdaptiveSharpen by bacondither
Sharpen by Ioxa

I am good at AO but need information about the best CA effect and Sharp effect available in ReShade
Cuz am trying to make my graphics screen quality like this:

Sharp effect:

Chromatic Aberration (You know when the day is very hot and it feels like your eyes are burning and the sun is directly over you, yea this is CA):
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Abby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Irkie500
More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by Irkie500 Replied by Irkie500 on topic The Best Type Of Sharp Effects
I am familiar with two types of sharpening with Reshade. I use Lumasharpen in every single game to give me some extra crispness. This one works nearly identical to photoshop in its values so that makes it easy for me to understand. I usually use a high overall amount, but keep the "sharp clamp" pretty low, usually around .30 or .35. Playing with the "Offset Bias" will I believe effect the overall width of the sharp pass. So higher values will cover more pixels, while a lower amount will be more focused. I keep the offset bias usually lower than 1, as anything higher causes the image to look fake.

There is also one you missed and its actually under the "Gauss" shader, and that would be unsharp mask. This is helpful for bringing out larger details, however I have noticed that when combined with other shaders it can get very intense even on low values.

Ill do my best to get you some screen shots of what im talking about as I tend to ramble on...
The following user(s) said Thank You: HarveyKrumpet, Abby

• Abby
  • Topic Author
7 years 8 months ago #3 by Abby Replied by Abby on topic The Best Type Of Sharp Effects

Irkie500 wrote: I am familiar with two types of sharpening with Reshade. I use Lumasharpen in every single game to give me some extra crispness. This one works nearly identical to photoshop in its values so that makes it easy for me to understand. I usually use a high overall amount, but keep the "sharp clamp" pretty low, usually around .30 or .35. Playing with the "Offset Bias" will I believe effect the overall width of the sharp pass. So higher values will cover more pixels, while a lower amount will be more focused. I keep the offset bias usually lower than 1, as anything higher causes the image to look fake.

There is also one you missed and its actually under the "Gauss" shader, and that would be unsharp mask. This is helpful for bringing out larger details, however I have noticed that when combined with other shaders it can get very intense even on low values.

Ill do my best to get you some screen shots of what im talking about as I tend to ramble on...

This helped me so much, thank you mate.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic The Best Type Of Sharp Effects

Abby wrote: Chromatic Aberration (You know when the day is very hot and it feels like your eyes are burning and the sun is directly over you, yea this is CA):

This picture has no CA at all though.

• Abby
  • Topic Author
7 years 7 months ago #5 by Abby Replied by Abby on topic The Best Type Of Sharp Effects
High CA on screen edges (I can't believe you didn't see it)

Also on shadow edges and objects with high bloom from sun light (Original game CA effect).

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic The Best Type Of Sharp Effects
Ah yes now I see it but that's almost nothing, you never played a game with strong Chromatic Aberration lol, this is just a pixel wide.

• SiriusHours
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #7 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic The Best Type Of Sharp Effects
gauss unsharpen and adaptive sharpening found in customfx
luma sharpen in sweetfx
iofx has something called clarity and highpass sharpening.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by SiriusHours.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.