Ambient Occlusion, is there a way to increase...

• TooSpooky
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by TooSpooky Ambient Occlusion, is there a way to increase... was created by TooSpooky
Hello,

I recently was messing around with the mediator trying to make a somewhat good effect for ArmA 3, I've found a really nice look that I personally love... Except there is one issue, Ambient Occlusion seems to only effect a certain area at a time, which in return causes a lot of popping and making the terrain in the distance or even 300m in front at times look a lot different, as well as a prominent line where the effect stops... There also seems to be a lot of popping with trees which I can overlook but would like to know if that could be fixed as well, would there be a way to increase the area of effect or a way to work around those issues?

Thank you for your time :)

I'm pretty new to this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VoidsShadow
More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by VoidsShadow Replied by VoidsShadow on topic Ambient Occlusion, is there a way to increase...
Which Framework version and which AO shader/method are you working with? HBAO and Raymarch HBAO each have an attenuation value which limit the distance from the camera the AO is applied.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.