How to do the opposite of timeout?

• mindu
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by mindu How to do the opposite of timeout? was created by mindu
While reading reshade reference I can't find a "timein" that does the opposite to "timeout", I mean, instead of auto-toggle a technique off, to turn it on after a specified time.

I know about "toggleTime" but is useless since it seems to use system real-time?, what would be helpful is to use the "Timer" as reference just like "timeout" does.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by mindu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mindu
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic How to do the opposite of timeout?
nothing? so there is no way to auto-toggle on a technique after specified time?

• crosire
More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to do the opposite of timeout?
Actually "timeout" works both ways. If a technique is initially disabled, it will toggle it on after the timeout was reached (starting point is the last compile time).
technique MyTech < enabled = false; timeout = 5000; > { ... }

• mindu
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic How to do the opposite of timeout?
I know, but the problem is if the user turn off a technique is because it needs to be off... I mean the question then is "how to turn on a technique after specified time when this technique is actually true"

The point of this is when techniques are activated start processing only when the timer have reached enough time to be at least finishing loading screens of the game (approximately, I know this is very rudimentary), and not process effects before (useless and waste of performance).
Also in case you wonder why I like Timer, once you are ingame you can edit/recompile effects since the timer is already high enough to be on, so you wont have to wait like at the boot of the game.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by mindu.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.