Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!

• Malonn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by Malonn Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects! was created by Malonn
Hey all. This post is directed towards the authors of the ReShade effects. I have taken many and ported them to a popular patch/mod for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion called Oblivion Reloaded. I'm sure there are some that are familiar with that mod. If not, it taps into the game engine and adds many shaders, effects and enhancements to Oblivion. What is neat is that it has a custom effect engine, where your coding skills is the limit. I'm a fan of ReShade, but figured why would I need to run it's DLLs when I can just port it's effects to Oblivion Reloaded and use the system already built into that mod.

So, I would like to know if I can release these effects that I've ported from ReShade to a popular modding community site -- Oblivion Nexus? I saw the request to not host these effects anywhere else, but technically they're not 100% the same as those included with the ReShade download package. Not a big deal, I just figured people could enjoy these effects as delivered through an alternate means (Oblivion Reloaded).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
If you could go in detail which shaders you ported exactly, that would be nice :) because a lot of different authors contributed to the ReShade Framework, some may accept such a thing, some not. I personally am totally fine if you port any of my shaders except MXAO and my ADoF.

• Malonn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #3 by Malonn Replied by Malonn on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
Sure. I've ported 17 all together, but a couple of them won't work because I can't figure out how to use certain parts. Here's what I've ported so far:
From yours, Mr. Mcfly:
FisheyeCA, HeatHaze, RBM, HSV, Skyrim Tonemap, ReinhardToneMapping, HaarmPeterDuikerFilmicToneMapping, colormod and filmic tonemappimnmg
From CeeJay:
Chromatic Aberration, ColorLUT, Curves, FilmGrain, LiftGammaGain, LumaSharpen, and Vibrance
From bacondither:
Adaptive Sharpen
A couple of those I can't figure out -- I think RBM and Adaptive Sharpen, but they're mostly ported.
Thank you for permission, MartyMcfly. Hopefully in the next day or so the other authors will drop by and give me the green light or the red light.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
CeeJay is generally fine with it as long as credits are given as far as I know. I don't know about bacondither, he isn't very active in the ReShade community.

• Malonn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #5 by Malonn Replied by Malonn on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
Good to hear. I will definitely be sure to credit the ReShade contributors. I'm planning on linking to this site in the readme and description page.

Hopefully CeeJay will come along soon and confirm your thought...

• Malonn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by Malonn Replied by Malonn on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
I see that CeeJay hasn't visited these forums since April. I have a question for the community then. Would it be wrong if I posted these effects on the Nexus even without direct consent from CeeJay?? I will most certainly credit people properly, and link to this site in the readme and main page. If CeeJay comes in at a later point and denies allowing the hosting, I will certainly remove his files and apologize.

Is this okay? I really want to do right by the authors.

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago #7 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
In case you might be interested, I've been developing a realistic bloom shader for a good while now.
I've been meaning to make a pull request for it to the official reshade github repository but I never seem to be satisfied with it.

Of course Oblivion has it's own though (which is ugly and stretched), but if you have HDR it can look absolutely fantastic.

• Malonn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by Malonn Replied by Malonn on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
I would be very interested. I'm assuming you wouldn't mind if I hosted a version of it that is compatible with Oblivion Reloaded??

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago #9 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
Not at all, as long as you give credit :)

I should be pull requesting a working version really soon to the repository, I'm working a bit on the exposure algorithm, I can send it to you earlier when I finish it if you want.

Looks like this btw (HD version)

• Malonn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #10 by Malonn Replied by Malonn on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
You're a saint! Please send it to me whenever you are ready.

P.S. Does it require a custom render target and writable textures? (Something I picked up on these forums today, but at this point, I can't port an effect with those attributes)

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago #11 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
Sorry for the delay.

I do use render textures, but I think it *could* be doable without them, but performance would be at stake.
At bare minimum, having a texture for saving the backbuffer would be good, I could then use the backbuffer itself to perform blur operations, and then blend it with the original backbuffer in the end.

Without that I believe I could create it with only the backbuffer, but like I said, performance might suffer a lot, since I wouldn't be able to downsample bloom either.

• Malonn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #12 by Malonn Replied by Malonn on topic Permission Wanted! Seek to Host ReShade Effects!
How much of a performance hit would it take to do it that way? I have the depth buffer available to me, if that helps? I also have custom textures available. But I can't handle a custom render target. It's the scene without effects, the final scene with all effects and the depth buffer.

Sorry about the delay. I forgot about this thread, lol.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.