AO bug (GTA V only)

• Abby
  • Topic Author
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Abby AO bug (GTA V only) was created by Abby
When ever I start moving the camera or moving the car with or without the mouse, the AO starts to lighten and darken up
I have tried all the shaders (SSAO, HBAO, SSGI...) all have the same bug. This bug also appeared in MXAO on ReShade 3.0.

In the screenshots below, I am using MXAO on ReShade 2.0.3f1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic AO bug (GTA V only)
What preprocessor settings do you use? Because that doesn't even look the slightest like AO.

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic AO bug (GTA V only)
Set depth to reversed. That fixed it for me.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic AO bug (GTA V only)
GTA V depth information is logarithmic and reversed.

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic AO bug (GTA V only)

crosire wrote: GTA V depth information is logarithmic and reversed.

Uh, with MXAO, I had both and it would cause me issues. Turning off logarithmic solved it.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic AO bug (GTA V only)
Doesn't change the fact that GTA V's depth data is stored that way. You might have some really big values for the near/far plane so it "works" without the logarithmic switch turned on.

• Abby
  • Topic Author
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #7 by Abby Replied by Abby on topic AO bug (GTA V only)

Marty McFly wrote: What preprocessor settings do you use? Because that doesn't even look the slightest like AO.

crosire wrote: Doesn't change the fact that GTA V's depth data is stored that way. You might have some really big values for the near/far plane so it "works" without the logarithmic switch turned on.

I have set and tested all the values in the MXAO there nothing causes this bug, so it is from outside the AO shader also it happens to the far objects only.
If so, how do you change the depth settings? The one in Global.cfg ?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Abby.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic AO bug (GTA V only)
There is no Global.cfg in ReShade 3.0. You go to the settings tab and will see the respective values under "Preprocessor definitions". Make sure you hit the reload button afterwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abby

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 6 months ago #9 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic AO bug (GTA V only)

crosire wrote: Doesn't change the fact that GTA V's depth data is stored that way. You might have some really big values for the near/far plane so it "works" without the logarithmic switch turned on.

It's not a matter of being stored that way, or just working without it. It's a matter that it does not work properly when it's on specificly.

Reversed + Logarithmic:

MXAO 1.2r for Framework:
[IMG

Old AO:
[IMG

Reversed Only:
MXAO 1.2r for Framework:
[IMG

Old AO:
[IMG

Running on ReShade 2.0.3.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.