Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?

• Quentin-Tarantino
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 days ago #1 by Quentin-Tarantino Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX? was created by Quentin-Tarantino
Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?

I lose from 10 to 25 in most games lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 4 days ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?
Try to reduce the amount of effects used. ReShade itself (without effects) should have close to zero impact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino

• Ganossa
More
9 years 4 days ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?
If you are running on very high fps without ReShade, I recommend to limit your FPS slightly above something acceptable (so prob between 30-60 fps). This will free up some GPU power you need for ReShade itself and result in FPS gain.

If you are running on low fps (like I do most of the time with my old setup) without ReShade, do what crosire suggested :silly:

• n3villeB
More
9 years 4 days ago #4 by n3villeB Replied by n3villeB on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?
Hello gentlemen, at the beginning apologize for my poor English ; / And this is my first post here. I'm beginning to write a big fan of the work of lords ( Ceejay, Crosire, Gem, Marty etc.) and wait for the next version with great admiration for you . Now to the point - the truth writes Quentin, I note a lower FPS in games than on the previous version ( 0.17.0.810 ) , on the same , not very demanding some effects. No frills (old and good - levels, dpx , tonemap and CA) - as you can see. I compared to any 'heavy' to Gpu effects. Tested among others in Crysis 1 on 60fps lock(with and without Vsync- for tests) - number of FPS noticeably less in the same scene with the save, without the ' action' scene, save made ​​to compare graphics, FPS. We come to the conclusion - we pleased/asked and wanted to previous version with the possibility of including / switch it on/off , we got a new with this possibility but , unfortunately, something for something - decline FPS:/. I would ask on behalf of myself and probably others to somehow integrate the possibility combination switches in ver 0.17.0.810, which I consider to be a master in terms of speed. Just what I was missing. If anyone is interested I can show a comparison fps on current and older versions FRAMEWORK. I cordially greet. CU Guys!

• crosire
More
9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?
Please note that this performance decrease is not related to ReShade itself, but has to be due to recent changes in the framework shader pack (or whatever shaders you are using): There weren't made any big changes to the renderer from 0.17 to 0.18 in core ReShade.
Last edit: 9 years 4 days ago by crosire.

• n3villeB
More
9 years 4 days ago #6 by n3villeB Replied by n3villeB on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?
We know how much work you perform, you try to, do not deny it , we believe in what you write, you do, but unfortunately do not know why the FPS drops are on the same effects. It is strange, but probably not just me and Quentin are noticed. I would like to know is how to start changing for ver0_17 : D . Thanks and best regards .

• Prodousier
More
9 years 4 days ago #7 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?
These effects reduces fps a lot: Sweetfx bloom, gemfx ambient light, AA, mcfx AO, mcfx DoF

• Marty McFly
More
9 years 4 days ago #8 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?

Prodousier wrote: These effects reduces fps a lot: Sweetfx bloom, gemfx ambient light, AA, mcfx AO, mcfx DoF

Well...of course they do. If every effect ran without any fps drop, Crysis would run on a toaster. AO, DOF, Bloom are advanced effects.

• Kleio420
More
9 years 4 days ago #9 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?

Quentin-Tarantino wrote: Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?

I lose from 10 to 25 in most games lol

this is expected and normal , aa should cost almost nothing for it being post, any lighting effects gonna cost a lot depending on the game ao just configure it to there is no noticeable noise yet you can see its being applied you dont need it at max everything it wont run. dof , why bother with that great for screenshots but imo distracting with the amount of blur and loss of your fov in gameplay a dof that is similar to gta v dof i can play with skyrim style dof its not gonna happen its something you can play without and wont notice in most games if they are fast paced.Bloom play around with

• n3villeB
More
9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 3 days ago #10 by n3villeB Replied by n3villeB on topic Anyway to boost FPS in Latest Reshade or masterFX?
Guys,remember just i wrote, nothing very incriminating ,besides FXAA, I do not have with configs, no bloom, AO, zero GemFX effect. Better I'll just write what I have in cofigs: FXAA, levels, dpx, tonemap, liftgg, vibrance from SweetFX ano only 1 -> CAfisheye from Marty's. Thats all. I write this: Crysis without Shader / with ver 0_17_: same 60 fps, with 0_18_: 55 fps,,Gta4: without/0_17_: 44 fps, 0_18_: 39 fps. Strange coincidence that in both a 5 fps less :blink: Maybe silly examples, but i have screenshots too to this situtaion. This same settings with different versions of ReshadeFrameworks, and why such a performace difference in games? I'll be boring but I write : God I would like to switch option in version 017 :woohoo: . But how to do it...
YEAH! Method trials and errors, I did to .dll file based on 017 switching of work to do, it's fine. The latest version 018 helps, swapped some files to an older and worked Coolant. Same, stable FPS! 0 performance differences. SWITCH work for 017! I am happy. Although some effects do not work, but for me it 's good that those whom I do not use anyway. solution-->REPLACE files, to main folder 017, where is .dll - copy only Reshade.fx, to folder Reshade- copy everything except common folder. Some people might be useful. Crosire and others, THX for newest version, it helped my fav 017.
EDIT - Fakk, do not know why only works on games with DX10/11, switch does not work with the Dx9 version, Crosire have you any idea why?THX
Last edit: 9 years 3 days ago by n3villeB.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.