Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by Constantine PC Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette? was created by Constantine PC
Hello, congrats on the new MER release/improvements. They look really great.

Anyways I was wondering if it is possible to completely disable DOF Vignette from the DOF methods.
Even at 0 its still present. I used to be able to use -1000 and it would turn off with a reshade warning (cannot use negative xx even if you want it to)
This seems to not work anymore, and the vignette is still present.

It's Blurring my gun in first person in GTA V and its blurring some characters in cut scenes randomly.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Constantine PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?
Huh? DoF vignette? I never implemented something like this. DoF blur is only depending on distance to focal plane.

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?
Sorry I'm actually talking about this value that is included in the ReShade Framework.

#define DOF_VIGNETTE -1000 //[0 to 1000] Significance of near DoF at edges

This value I cannot turn off no matter what I set it to.
Sorry if you didn't actually implement this.
I just thought because it is a part of Master Effect Reborn Shaders you would know best here :P

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?
I added it to the ReShade Framework together with the Logarithmic Depth Buffer support.
The vignette effect is only multiplying the already existing DoF effect (that's why it is only applied to close distance).
Its purpose is to allow close DoF without blurring the entire gaming vision (while center usually being more important).
0 is the lowest value and will give you the same effect that you would get without it being implemented.
This means, if you have an issue with DoF, though DOF_VIGNETTE being on 0, it means its not related to that additional effect.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Ganossa.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?
I do have a vignette effect along the dof in other forum, but no one seems to ever use it...
。゚ヽ(゚´Д`)ノ゚。

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?

kingeric1992 wrote: I do have a vignette effect along the dof in other forum, but no one seems to ever use it...
。゚ヽ(゚´Д`)ノ゚。

Yeah, I actually think its a good thing to have especially because DoF can be heavy at times :lol:

-like that smiley by the way-

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #7 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?
My apologies guys it seems to be a depth buffer issue.

Anyway to fix that?

Edit:

It seems this also occurs in cut scenes. One character for some reason is just completely black and also when answering your phone there is no depth buffer? weird.

Edit 2: This also occurs in The Witcher 3 in cutscenes as well.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Constantine PC. Reason: another find

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is it possible to turn off DOF Vignette?
It is most likely due to stretching the logarithmic depth buffer. I already worked on a fix when W3 released but am currently busy with the configurator :silly:

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.