Change colour of sky

• Shumafuk
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Shumafuk Change colour of sky was created by Shumafuk
I need help with changing colour of sky.

[img

Original: farm1.staticflickr.com/306/19174513396_e4a23e56fb_o.png

[img

Original: farm1.staticflickr.com/281/19190635445_e42a981d6f_o.png

There are my screenshots. As you can see, colour of sky is not very natural. I want that little bit more blue and bright. But I also do not want to loose tint of lights from different sources. So what is your suggestions? What use to change that "greeny-blue dark" sky to "clear-blue bright" sky? Thanks :)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Shumafuk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roxxtar
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Roxxtar Replied by Roxxtar on topic Change colour of sky
The skies in my preset are notoriously bright and blue. Feel free to dip into my settings and use whatever you want for inspiration or just flat out copy and paste, no credit back to me necessary:

www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/206

Specifically, check out these settings:

CustomFX:
Gauss (the bloom)
ColorMod (has big impact on colors and shadows)

GemFX:
Ambient Light (HUGE difference maker)
Bloom (adjust this along with ambient light til you achieve desired look)

SweetFX:
Tonemap (exposure, saturation and defog will affect the sky)
Vibrance (crank this up and set the RGB for more blue and red, less green)

Don't forget Deband to get rid of the ugly lines in the sky!

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Change colour of sky

Shumafuk wrote: I need help with changing colour of sky.

:)

so only thing i could maybe suggest is finding a way to lock down a color changing shader to a specific color value the down side to this way is anytime that color shows it will also show as the "fixed" color.Other wise youll need a way to detect the actual texture used on doing the skys then only applying it to that best method and something similar to how enb does it but this is really going from generic to specific very quickly so what me and some other users may be limited in info we could give to help you with this tho there are some who could help way more but its very time consuming

• SunBroDave
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Change colour of sky
Play around with the Vibrance effect. It's what I used to fix particular color issues like Geralt's overly red face.
Examples:
sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/26750/
sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/26501/

Vibrance settings:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by SunBroDave.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Change colour of sky

SunBroDave wrote: Play around with the Vibrance effect. It's what I used to fix particular color issues like Geralt's overly red face.
Examples:
sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/26750/
sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/26501/

Vibrance settings:

Warning: Spoiler!

the overly read face may be due to sub surface scattering being used , also me personally dislike using vibrance to try and fix it it takes colors out of textures that should have that in there the leather in their armor should be a brown redish hue now its full on brown. Biggest reason i will not use reshade on anything it lacks the ability to make a more specific set of shaders for games

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.