Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #7 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
These error messages are popping up with the game Quake IV; no freeware or open-source considering this game, but there is a free standalone id Tech 4 engine-powered game, called The Dark Mod, although I havent installed that one; I do know that Doom 3 & Quake 4 have that Ambient Light sampler problem. { www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/download...alone-full-installer }

Is it a possibility to limit the output of the shader-samplers via Framework itself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Yes, disable the ALadaptation flag in the Ambient Light settings

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #9 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Disabling the ALadaptation in the GemFX_settings.cfg didn't help, I still receive the same error message, would be great to have some working Ambient Light in Quake 4 or Doom 3 ;)

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Unfortunately, I do not have any of those games you use to test and for the openGL apps that I use it works just fine. If its something related to certain openGL versions then Crosire might help. I guess you use the latest ReShade binaries? Cause sampler limitations have been a problem of the past.

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #11 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Yes I do use the latest versions of ReShade & Framework; The Chronicles of Riddick - Assault on Dark Athena [OGL] gives a black screen with ReShade+Framework [even when all effects are disabled] whereas ReShade+SweetFX 2.0 doesn't, all effects from SweetFX 2.0 are functioning well.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 8 months ago #12 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
- Mediator needs fixing because the bottom part flashes, which is highly annoying and makes the app look rather cheap and buggy and unstable.

- Why not keep all of the effects under a single category? Why do the CustomFX and GEMFX and SweetFX? Is it to give credit to developers? If that is the case then it is fine I guess, but otherwise it would be best to just organize it all into a single library.

- TuningPalette default 3DLUT file was not in " " in Mediator, which caused not figuring out what the problem was when I entered name of the new LUT without " ".

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 8 months ago #13 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Hi. I decided check out this framework. And mediator give me error - System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
I trying Fallout New Vegas.
It because in EXE file, name of application is Fallout: New Vegas and contain ":"? And mediator somehow using this Application Name (not only file name) in IO operations that create or read some files? And it cause error, because ":" inappropriate simbol for paths?

Should i wait next build, or i should try some third party programs and make attempt to change this title that contain ":"?

Thx.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #14 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
It is already fixed in the upcoming release version.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 8 months ago #15 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options

It is already fixed in the upcoming release version.

Well, good news then.
I trying on LoL, and it works, but z-depth buffer glitching, DoF there not needed, but AO would be nice, but they are both is blinking, something like if i force AO via nvidiainspector, or something like that.
(when i enable it in nvidiainspector, he work fine while my charecter on screen, when camera leave him behind, ao is dissapear.
well, not need too much
i used just old regular gemfx, for overall contrast adjustment.
but i need check something, i'm not shure, but maybe he is cause of little (0.5-1sec) periodically (every few min) freezes on that stupid windows 10, or maybe it something else)

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 8 months ago #16 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
I have suggestion.
I think it will be nice feature (maybe...) if mediator be able to get for preview z-depth from alpha chanel or just file.
It make possible to check out DoF and AO on preview.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #17 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
We thought about something like this but currently the mediator is packed with new features and its time to release it before everything (especially my head) explodes :lol: I kind of want to get this out before adding anything bigger.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 8 months ago #18 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
I have question.

In some gemfx shaders (godrays as example) there is parameter that says "DEPTH_CHECK"
if 1, only pixels with depth = 1 get godrays, this prevents white objects from getting godray source which would normally happen in LDR

i wonder if it mean z-depth, or it just mean that shader will ignore static pixels (or something else?)?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #19 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Yes, its checking the z-depth value to decide when to apply the effect. E.g. a strong god ray effect is better just applied to the skybox :P

• vfxninjaeditor
More
8 years 8 months ago #20 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Hey Lucifer, any ETA on when we will see the AO improvements from the newest MasterEffect added to the framework? Marty's last update looks pretty neat.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 8 months ago #21 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options

Yes, its checking the z-depth value to decide when to apply the effect. E.g. a strong god ray effect is better just applied to the skybox :P

Ok, then it will be mean that effect with this flag can't work correctly if game can't provide propper z-buffer?
(I just ask, because in Fallout New Vegas, godrays work, but i think they dont work correctly, because z-depth in game is static, and updated only when game go to menu screen)

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 8 months ago #22 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options

SilentPrayerCG wrote:

Ok, then it will be mean that effect with this flag can't work correctly if game can't provide propper z-buffer?
(I just ask, because in Fallout New Vegas, godrays work, but i think they dont work correctly, because z-depth in game is static, and updated only when game go to menu screen)

Exactly. Usually depth value of 1.0 means infinite distance. Most games with not properly working depth buffer have a plain white depth buffer so it seems like everything is infinitely far away and the limitation of depth check doesn't work. Also, when the depth buffer is pitch black, no effect is applied at all.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #23 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Ok, thx for answers. Was not sure about this.
Sadly, most my games doesn't support z-depth or can't stable produce it.
Godrays whit depth off make just static glowing at center of screen, and nothing more.

Also i have question about UI Mask, i dont get how use this, for me it just make all effects not appear at all.

ok, i think i get it. press f12, move around until static pixels will be captured by shader, then press 12 again.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by SilentPrayerCG.

• brussell
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #24 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
Would be cool if someone from the team (Marty?) can make the crossprocess color values configurable, like this:

CustomFx.cfg
////----------------//
///**CROSSPROCESS**///
//----------------////
#define USE_CROSSPROCESS 1
#define CrossRedA 0.85
#define CrossRedB 0.04
#define CrossGreenA 1.00
#define CrossGreenB 0.02
#define CrossBlueA 0.51
#define CrossBlueB 0.045

ColorCorrection.h
float3 CrossPass(float3 color)
{
        float2 CrossMatrix [3] = {
                float2 (CrossRedA, CrossRedB),
                float2 (CrossGreenA, CrossGreenB),
                float2 (CrossBlueA, CrossBlueB),
}

Thereby the preset creators, that change these (as I do) won't have to ship their presets with ColorCorrection.h.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by brussell.

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #25 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
@LuciferHawk:
A time ago (beginning of this topic) I wrote about:
- In The McFX Suite {Framework - McFX_settings.cfg} I miss these options (which were available in the MasterEffect.h):
#define AO_TEXSCALE
#define AO_SHARPNESS_DETECT
#define AO_BLUR_STEPS
#define AO_FADE_START
#define AO_FADE_END
Especially the absence of AO_FADE_END is causing a major FPS drop in games with big outdoor areas.

--> Is there any news upon this, can we see a new Framework with the latest Master FX ReBorn v1.1.287,
the latest ReShade Framework v1.0.0 contains MER v1.1.190 which are missing quite some extra AO features
(and these 2 techniques: Raymarch HBAO & Alchemy SAO)..
or how can I "port" these extra AO features into ReShade Framework v1.0.0 myself?

Thanks in advance!

• Ganossa
More
8 years 7 months ago #26 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options
The changes from the latest ME update have been implemented but will be released with the next update of ReShade Framework. Hopefully, Marty can introduce further changes by then :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: acknowledge, DeMondo

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.