Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)

• OtisInf
More
8 years 5 months ago #41 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
I misinterpreted your 'everything stays the same' remark, so I thought you wouldnt port it. Anyway, was a nice exercise. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 5 months ago #42 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
@OtisInf
You don't need to port the entire enb dof, Marty's work has all its feature and optimized to reshade I think. If you aim for the focusing functions, just convert CoC pass to Marty's standard.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #43 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)

kingeric1992 wrote: @OtisInf
You don't need to port the entire enb dof, Marty's work has all its feature and optimized to reshade I think. If you aim for the focusing functions, just convert CoC pass to Marty's standard.

Your DSLR focussing might be a useful addition in the future.

EDIT: I just updated all DoF shaders to the new focussing, doing various optimizations on the way (so all of them should run way faster) and added the ADOF. LuciferHawk will bring them into the Framework itself Thank you Lucifer, by the way :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, Elimina

• robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #44 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
This might be a stupid question but will there ever be a way to add DoF to games that currently have no depth buffer access? What determines whether or not a game has depth buffer access? I for one would particularly LOVE to see DoF in games like Bioshock and Resident Evil 4.

I was able to apply fake AO to RE4 in GeDoSaTo using a faked depth buffer after a post I saw on Neogaf. It wasn't perfect by any means but it gave me hope that some day a workaround might be figured out. Also, in the case of Bioshock, I know that HBAO+ can be forced through NVIDIA Inspector using a specific flag so I assume it's accessing the depth buffer to generate that. HERE is a gallery of comparison shots showing what I mean).
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by robgrab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #45 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
No depth buffer access simply means ReShade cannot find it. Same goes for HBAO+, the flags are directives for the intelligent algorithm if the standard way doesn't find the correct depth buffer. I suggested something like that to crosire already. Reconstructing depth from color in realtime is impossible. Algorithms which interpret the image, such as facial recognition and stuff like that are way, way more elaborate than what we do here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• OtisInf
More
8 years 1 month ago #46 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
I ported this a while ago to Reshade 1.0 and am using it since. (the code file has the original header with your name/copyright etc.) A friend of mine asked for it so I gave it to him. Now other screenshotters at NeoGaf where we post ask whether they can have it. As you stated we should ask first, here it goes: is it OK if I give them the ported shader? (as it's for 1.0 and the newer reworked one you added to the shader lib at github is for 2.0 which not available yet). The settings are in my config file, but the shader code is still credited 100% to you.

TIA

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #47 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
As far as I know, this shader should run on every ReShade version?
Btw the ADOF shader itself on github is not reworked, I actually rewrote all the other DOF shaders (like Matso DOF, Magic DOF etc) to use the same focussing as the ADOF and tuned them a bit with things I found out when working on this DOF. The ADOF itself is identical.
But yeah, you can share it, I don't mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtisInf

• OtisInf
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #48 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
Thanks! :)

(the shader works with every reshade version, but to use it with the other shaders, it needs a bit of work. No idea if the one on github is usable with v1.0/1.1, never tried! :))
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by OtisInf.

• GTAFan
More
8 years 1 month ago #49 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
Hey @Marty McFly, im new around here, could u make a preset for a low PC? I can run ENB, but when i turn DOF on, it laggs as hell, dropping from 30/40fps w/o ENB, to 10-15fps using ENB. My PC specs:
-AMD E1-2500 Dual Core with APU AMD Radeon Graphics HD 8240
-4gb RAM DDR3 L

I know that it isn't a good PC, but i do not have money to buy a new one, so im sticking with mine until i find a good PC with a 2gb NVidia.
Could u make a preset for me please? I would like the Bokeh DOF (using this shader of yours), but i dont want the circular, i want the other that looks like a pentagon.
Sorry for bad englich, if i mispelled some word, im portuguese.

• Elimina
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #50 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)

GTAFan wrote: Hey @Marty McFly, im new around here, could u make a preset for a low PC? I can run ENB, but when i turn DOF on, it laggs as hell, dropping from 30/40fps w/o ENB, to 10-15fps using ENB. My PC specs:
-AMD E1-2500 Dual Core with APU AMD Radeon Graphics HD 8240
-4gb RAM DDR3 L

I know that it isn't a good PC, but i do not have money to buy a new one, so im sticking with mine until i find a good PC with a 2gb NVidia.
Could u make a preset for me please? I would like the Bokeh DOF (using this shader of yours), but i dont want the circular, i want the other that looks like a pentagon.
Sorry for bad englich, if i mispelled some word, im portuguese.

If you want more performance, Decrease the samples to 4-5 (I usually put the broken shape size at 10 so you won't see the samples), and lower the render resolution to 0.6-0.8 (I prefer 0.8 since it looks very similar to full resolution). You can also disable the advanced focus radius for a couple more FPS.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Elimina.

• GTAFan
More
8 years 1 month ago #51 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
NO MAN. I think that you didn't understood me. I want a preset, to only put in folder. Im still installing GTA because my old one was always crashing. Could you make one for my PC specs?? And then give me the link? I appreciate your help.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #52 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
So you don't even want to configure it itself? Just download and put to folder? Or should we do that for you, too? And play for you or do you that on yourself?

• GTAFan
More
8 years 1 month ago #53 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
Marty McFly, i only want a good low PC preset. Then i'll make minor adjustments. Don't be rude, HELP A NEWBIE LIKE ME. Thanks.

• matsilagi
More
8 years 1 month ago #54 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
Help yourself, it isn't that hard to take Notepad++, right click and open the file, change a few numbers, then see if it fits for you.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 1 month ago #55 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)

GTAFan wrote: Marty McFly, i only want a good low PC preset. Then i'll make minor adjustments. Don't be rude, HELP A NEWBIE LIKE ME. Thanks.

how can anyone make something based on your hardware/software config for a low pc preset , if your needing a low preset its probably best you not even run dof anyway and imo most games dof from reshade isnt playable and is about only useful for screenshots i personally dislike dynamic dof in games static to me is much better i play a lot of 3rd person games tho

• GTAFan
More
8 years 1 month ago #56 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)

Kleio420 wrote:

GTAFan wrote: Marty McFly, i only want a good low PC preset. Then i'll make minor adjustments. Don't be rude, HELP A NEWBIE LIKE ME. Thanks.

how can anyone make something based on your hardware/software config for a low pc preset , if your needing a low preset its probably best you not even run dof anyway and imo most games dof from reshade isnt playable and is about only useful for screenshots i personally dislike dynamic dof in games static to me is much better i play a lot of 3rd person games tho

damn just put there some values so i can edit the dof shader with notepad c++, i want a dof like in the 1st pic from marty mcfly shader presentation post (#1). dont care if it lags, then i adjust it. btw do i need to install reshade? im kinda new to this.

• Elimina
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #57 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)

GTAFan wrote: damn just put there some values so i can edit the dof shader with notepad c++, i want a dof like in the 1st pic from marty mcfly shader presentation post (#1). dont care if it lags, then i adjust it. btw do i need to install reshade? im kinda new to this.

I suggest downloading the 2.0 framework, since the framework includes this DoF by Marty. Then, when you place ReShade into your Directory, open ReShade/presets/Shaders_by_MartyMcFly.cfg. Scroll down and input these settings in the Depth of Field section.

#define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD 1 (to enable DoF)

//>Global Parameters<\\
#define DOF_METHOD 5 (to enable Marty's DoF)
#define DOF_NEARBLURCURVE 1000.00
#define DOF_FARBLURCURVE 2.00
#define DOF_INFINITEFOCUS 0.20 (to work for gameplay. It actually works very well in GTA)
#define DOF_BLURRADIUS 10.0
#define DOF_RENDERRESMULT 0.6 (to increase performance)

Scroll down to these lines and input these settings:

//>MCFLY ADVANCED DOF Settings - SHAPE<\\
#define iADOF_ShapeQuality 4 (to increase performance)
#define iADOF_ShapeVertices 6

Go down even further and use these values for weight:

//>MCFLY ADVANCED DOF Settings - SHAPE MODIFICATIONS<\\
#define bADOF_ShapeWeightEnable 1
#define fADOF_ShapeWeightCurve 0.3
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Elimina.

• GTAFan
More
8 years 1 month ago #58 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
This is for gta5? Thougt it was for sa

• Elimina
More
8 years 1 month ago #59 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)

GTAFan wrote: This is for gta5? Thougt it was for sa

This works for any game. You can put it in SA, V, Skyrim, Fallout, anything. I thought that you meant you wanted it for V, but these settings will work just fine in SA

• GTAFan
More
8 years 1 month ago #60 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Marty McFly's Advanced Depth of Field (standalone)
Only one question: will that give me lag??

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.