Simple effect: Golden Ratio overlay

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by OtisInf Simple effect: Golden Ratio overlay was created by OtisInf
I've added a simple effect to my simple reshade effect 'lib' (at github.com/FransBouma/OtisFX ), called GoldenRatio. It displays 4 golden ratio fibonacci spirals as an overlay over the screen, properly resized (so a screenbuffer that doesn't have an aspect ratio that matches the golden ratio will not have the overlay skewed as that would ... mitigate the whole purpose of it! ;)) By default bound to F6.

Example:

Here you see the 1080p output, where the overlay is resized to max-height, while keeping aspect ratio and the menu and scene elements CDPR has added would make Fibonacci proud ;)

hope it's of help to my fellow screenshotters ;). Code is likely optimizable with tricks, but as it's an overlay only used prior to taking a screenshot, performance is of no importance (though I doubt performance of enabling this noticeable)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, JPulowski, SunBroDave, SpinelessJelly, Ganossa, Tycholarfero, GameVogue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Simple effect: Golden Ratio overlay
Nice job!

• piltrafus
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Simple effect: Golden Ratio overlay
Very Handy. Thanks.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.