New effect: Depth haze

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 1 month ago #21 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic New effect: Depth haze
Otis, why does this effect always start disabled?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #22 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic New effect: Depth haze

Wicked Sick wrote: Otis, why does this effect always start disabled?

As it is meant to be used for taking screenshots. :) So I set it as disabled at start. I actually like that for a lot of effects which work on the depth buffer, including DoF (which I also set to disabled on start in the shader code): they often (including this effect) affect the Hud as well in a game, and you don't want that in general (e.g. when the game starts, the title screens/menus should be readable). If you want to have it auto-start, change

false to true here:
github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...tis/DepthHaze.fx#L81
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #23 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic New effect: Depth haze
Thanks for the lengthy explanation, Otis. I agree and I can see your point. I have made the change, thank you, man.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.