MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago #97 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Of course. This is easily manageable because a generic mod can detect shadows so easily...not...

K
The following user(s) said Thank You: robgrab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #98 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Of course. This is easily manageable because a generic mod can detect shadows so easily...not...

Spoken like the great Boris! :P

Even at the risk of getting a similar reply, I would like to ask if it's possible for you to implement a fade timer for the dof types? You know, like the one in enbseries.ini. Is this even achievable via your effect file? Or would this be the task of crosire (regarding access to previous frames etc.).

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #99 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

brussell wrote: I would like to ask if it's possible for you to implement a fade timer for the dof types? You know, like the one in enbseries.ini. Is this even achievable via your effect file? Or would this be the task of crosire (regarding access to previous frames etc.).

I can answer that for you =)
It would be my job, while access to the very previous frame is possible already (see the thread in general discussion), it's not possible yet to get access to frames further in the past (or in this case the depthbuffer), which is needed for a smooth fade.

EDIT: Update: Actually, it is somewhat possible already, using the technique described in that thread. It is be pretty heavy on memory resources though.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, fuze, vfxninjaeditor, brussell

• fuze
More
9 years 2 months ago #100 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

crosire wrote:

brussell wrote: I would like to ask if it's possible for you to implement a fade timer for the dof types? You know, like the one in enbseries.ini. Is this even achievable via your effect file? Or would this be the task of crosire (regarding access to previous frames etc.).

I can answer that for you =)
It would be my job, while access to the very previous frame is possible already (see the thread in general discussion), it's not possible yet to get access to frames further in the past (or in this case the depthbuffer), which is needed for a smooth fade.

I wanted to know this too, thanks :)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #101 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
crosire said it.

@Topic: Finally got the Alchemy SAO to work, right now running on ENB (for ingame tweaking, will port it to ReShade soon). The blurring technique is outstanding, it blurs respective to depth so hard edges are preserved. Genius solution, that's some hardcore brain work, hands down to the devs.
It is still a little bit grainy but believe me, in final image this is hardly visible.

[img

[img
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, SiriusHours, SunBroDave, NattyDread, vfxninjaeditor, klotim, brussell, jas01

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 2 months ago #102 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
WOW. That Alchemy SAO looks fantastic! What's the impact compared to SSAO and Raymarch AO?

• CryZENx
More
9 years 2 months ago #103 by CryZENx Replied by CryZENx on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Looks fantastic !!!

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago #104 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Good work! Just continue with this! Awesome!

I would like to ask again, some blur effects on lens flare shaders would be so nice, right now it is so sharp. :)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #105 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
As I already said, next week or so I'm gonna rewrite ME so lensflares use bloom blurring algorithm or similiar, will see :)

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago #106 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: As I already said, next week or so I'm gonna rewrite ME so lensflares use bloom blurring algorithm or similiar, will see :)

Great! I am looking forward to this! :)

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #107 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty mcfly:

www.gamedev.net/topic/662533-problems-wi...ssao-implementation/

Check this one out. Might help you :)
Hope it helps.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by klotim.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #108 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

promuckaj wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: As I already said, next week or so I'm gonna rewrite ME so lensflares use bloom blurring algorithm or similiar, will see :)

I'm currently taking a break from learning and prepare some standalone shaders which I just have to merge with ME later. Here are some pics of Alchemy SAO on BF3 (no game SSAO/HBAO used!). Maybe it's a bit exaggerated but I like it like that. On the splitscreen pics, the scene is not too dark, it's optical illusion because raw SAO image half is mostly plain white so it looks as if the other scene is too dark bu thatÄs not the case.

[img

[img

[img

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago #109 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

promuckaj wrote:

I'm currently taking a break from learning and prepare some standalone shaders which I just have to merge with ME later. Here are some pics of Alchemy SAO on BF3 (no game SSAO/HBAO used!). Maybe it's a bit exaggerated but I like it like that. On the splitscreen pics, the scene is not too dark, it's optical illusion because raw SAO image half is mostly plain white so it looks as if the other scene is too dark bu thatÄs not the case.

You're from sweden?
Anyway, ETA on Alchemy AO?
Looks great!!
How would it look on strategy games?

• huss93
More
9 years 2 months ago #110 by huss93 Replied by huss93 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
hey marty possible reflection or cloud or parallax ?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #111 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

huss93 wrote: hey marty possible reflection or cloud or parallax ?

wat

• matsilagi
More
9 years 2 months ago #112 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

huss93 wrote: hey marty possible reflection or cloud or parallax ?

wat

Im pretty sure he is trying to say if its possible to do Reflections or clouds like ENB.
I dont see how Parallax would apply on any shader but, ohwell :v

• Boulotaur2024
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #113 by Boulotaur2024 Replied by Boulotaur2024 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Here are some pics of Alchemy SAO on BF3 (no game SSAO/HBAO used!). Maybe it's a bit exaggerated but I like it like that. On the splitscreen pics, the scene is not too dark, it's optical illusion because raw SAO image half is mostly plain white so it looks as if the other scene is too dark bu thatÄs not the case.

Looking better. You could port HBAO to Reshade as well. Few months back I ported a recent version of the algorithm to DX9 and it ended up looking like this (on Crysis) :

I don't think it would need too much work to port to Reshade. There is one "extern" variable (extern float2 g_FocalLen) that you could declare and initialize directly into the shader itself
Here is the ]CPU side code for reference :

m_FocalLen[0] = 1.0f / tanf(fovY * 0.5f) * (float)dwidth / (float)dheight;
m_FocalLen[1] = 1.0f / tanf(fovY * 0.5f);
m_pFocalLenHandle = effect->GetParameterByName(NULL, "g_FocalLen");
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Boulotaur2024.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, NattyDread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #114 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Thanks for the information but I think we already have enough different shading techniques; something like SSGI is the next step I want to take since this can really improve the image quality and lighting.

EDIT: hm, I had a look at it and it doesn't quite work; all world objects just have a tiny small outlining, that's all. I don't have the time right now to look into it (big chemistry exam tomorrow), maybe you or someone else can fix it.

pastebin.com/VNgqNrCc

• NattyDread
More
9 years 2 months ago #115 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Wow SSGI ! Yes please.
Any chance of AO reacting to normal maps (I guess it's per pixel normal instead of vertex?) ?
Also a small request if you ever find the time - some kind of simple fog shader where we can set the start / end position, opacity and color.

Amazing work. I've been testing Raymarch AO, and it's def an improvement over the first one. Alchemy AO looks even better. Keep it up.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #116 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Edit: Please, how do I add a toggle key for this?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Wicked Sick.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.