3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• mr_spongeworthy
More
6 months 3 days ago #1661 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I'm using SD3D with Cyberpunk 2.01 without issue. I think you just need to update your reshade and you'll be all set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bionicman
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #1662 by Bionicman Replied by Bionicman on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello there,

This is an awesome shader but I'm struggling to set it up properly. I'm sure someone already had this problem, but I can't find anything about my issue. It's 84 pages on the forum already 

I'm using an HMD (Xreal Air) that identifies in windows as 3840x1080. I would expect to see a 16:9 image in 3D. But my image is compressed horizontally. Everything is half as wide as it should be, circles are ovals. Yet it still fills the 16:9 area, which I don't understand. When I use the VR version of the shader and activate Theater mode, proportions look right, circles are circles. But now the aspect ratio is something like 32:9 and half my screen space is unused.

[img

[img

Thanks for any help.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Bionicman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: raidboy

• Frankhorigan
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #1663 by Frankhorigan Replied by Frankhorigan on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Tomb Raider Remastered ... 
3D Depth work great !!

• tomkos2
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #1664 by tomkos2 Replied by tomkos2 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi. Could youhelp me to run diablo 3 in super depth 3d, when i trying to set up depth map it is empyty, plz help i am total new. Do i need new modified depth buffer?

• raidboy
More
1 week 8 hours ago #1665 by raidboy Replied by raidboy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I am also trying to get reshade to work with Xreal Air, but it seems to me as if it may not be possible to make it work at all. Unfortunately, i can not find explanations for the limitations of depth3d.

How do those "VR glasses" work ? Is it possible that they all have have a horizontally compressed rendering surface ? Aka: A game that is rendered in 2D into 3840x2160 needs to be rendered as 3D into two size-by-size surfaces of 1920x2160, but when being displayed by the glasses then the glasses will stretch the video back to 2 x 3840x2160 ?

This is what i imagine, because the VR glasses like Xreal Air do not do any such horizontal stretching. But in result they do also have full horizontal resolution. But it may not be possible to make depth3d work on them unless you use another separate tool that works around this depth3d limitation ???

Would be nice to find any better documentation for this ;-(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.