3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #541 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: i have a question about reshade versions discussed here. Why bother trying reshade 2.0 when there is the latest version 3.0? What version should i use now?

THX

It's for people who can't or won't move on. I am enabling their bad habits :D I kidd i kidd......

I offer it because, some games seem to work in the old reshade better then the newer one.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nieda113
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #542 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Having some problems with gta5.
Settings:
Win10 annivers.
Nvidia gtx 1080
TV passive 3d set to side by side
Resolution in Nvidia settings 4K
Resolution in game 4k
Installed reshade 3.0 Copied the depthmap into the shaders folder. The game started then i selected superdepthmap .
the result when the shader is enabled is a distorted 3d vision like the right side is moving into the left side.
The same is if i switch to Top Bottom it is like the lower screen is moving into the upper screen
What am i doing wrong?
Second problem: I need to change the shader settings but how do i acess this feature? (Was easy with reshade 2.0 GUI but reshade 3.0 i dont know how to)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by nieda113.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #543 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: Having some problems with gta5.
Settings:
Win10 annivers.
Nvidia gtx 1080
TV passive 3d set to side by side
Resolution in Nvidia settings 4K
Resolution in game 4k
Installed reshade 3.0 Copied the depthmap into the shaders folder. The game started then i selected superdepthmap .
the result when the shader is enabled is a distorted 3d vision like the right side is moving into the left side.
The same is if i switch to Top Bottom it is like the lower screen is moving into the upper screen
What am i doing wrong?
Second problem: I need to change the shader settings but how do i acess this feature? (Was easy with reshade 2.0 GUI but reshade 3.0 i dont know how to)

Turn off 3d Vision. also make sure you turn of Any form of AA. also shift f2 for reshade 3.0 for settings.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 6 months ago #544 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote: The progress this shader has made is fantastic. I'm still running 1.8.0, what's the difference in performance since that release and 1.9.0?

1.9.0 will come in 3 variants.

small changes to the code. from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0. on the normal one that and convergence slider. This also means I removed HMD and Anaglypth modes.

But, with the one for HMD and Anaglyph are more specialized.

I did this because, Each one requires different settings different kind of attention.

with so many Anaglyph modes out there. This one really needs one shader all to it's own.

The HMD one mainly for VR. This will have a lot of striped features and will focus on speed. So blur of depth map will be removed.

Okay, i think i will opt for the HMD one. As i need as much performance as possible. Which was the last shader version to be backported to Reshade 2.0? As i believe you're are doing that for every release now i think?

1.8.9 was the last shader backported to 2.0. 1.9.0 Is still being worked on. This shader is taking longer because I am trying to Optimize it now.

Okay, thanks, where exactly are the ReShade 2.0 versions being uploaded to?

1.9.0 not ready to be ported back to ReShade 2.0.

I know. I was curious as to where the 1.8.9 version for ReShade 2.0 has been uploaded to, as i noticed the versions on Github are for ReShade 3.0 only. Thanks

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #545 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote: The progress this shader has made is fantastic. I'm still running 1.8.0, what's the difference in performance since that release and 1.9.0?

1.9.0 will come in 3 variants.

small changes to the code. from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0. on the normal one that and convergence slider. This also means I removed HMD and Anaglypth modes.

But, with the one for HMD and Anaglyph are more specialized.

I did this because, Each one requires different settings different kind of attention.

with so many Anaglyph modes out there. This one really needs one shader all to it's own.

The HMD one mainly for VR. This will have a lot of striped features and will focus on speed. So blur of depth map will be removed.

Okay, i think i will opt for the HMD one. As i need as much performance as possible. Which was the last shader version to be backported to Reshade 2.0? As i believe you're are doing that for every release now i think?

1.8.9 was the last shader backported to 2.0. 1.9.0 Is still being worked on. This shader is taking longer because I am trying to Optimize it now.

Okay, thanks, where exactly are the ReShade 2.0 versions being uploaded to?

1.9.0 not ready to be ported back to ReShade 2.0.

I know. I was curious as to where the 1.8.9 version for ReShade 2.0 has been uploaded to, as i noticed the versions on Github are for ReShade 3.0 only. Thanks

At the bottom of the first page of Github
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #546 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Also reading up on distortion for the Rift I learned that the distortion needs to off-center.

Is this different for all HMD?

I will be allowing the Adjustment for this in the shader.

Also who here has what HMD.

I am going to need your help.

Please list what HMD you have. Also we need a game that every one has so I can try to make a fault Profile for your head set.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 6 months ago #547 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Also reading up on distortion for the Rift I learned that the distortion needs to off-center.

Is this different for all HMD?

I will be allowing the Adjustment for this in the shader.

Also who here has what HMD.

I am going to need your help.

Please list what HMD you have. Also we need a game that every one has so I can try to make a fault Profile for your head set.

I have an Oculus Rift, and at least 300 games on my Pc to test your Hmd shader with

The effort you are going to is much appreciated.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #548 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Is this different for all HMD?.

I'm not sure what the operating principle is here, but I'm guessing it is different, based on the variation in lens types and lens sizes for HMDs.

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Also who here has what HMD.

I have a BoboVR V4, but it is heavily modded with custom lenses, so not like a regular BoboVR.

Your shader works quite well with my HMD as it is so I don't know if I will switch to the HMD version. I also have a pretty powerful PC so don't need to focus so much on speed--more on graphical quality.

But I would like to help you however I can.

As for games, I have most of the games mentioned in this thread. Right now I'm concentrating on Fallout 4 because it looks the best with your shader, but also DOOM because your shader is the only thing that will let me play it in 3D. If you want me to test a particular game let me know and I will see if I have it.

By the way, I think your shader deserves more attention. Perhaps RoadtoVR would be interested in covering it. If you want me to see if they would be interested, let me know. I used to be a journalist in the real world and know how to pitch a story.

If you want to tailor your HMD version to the bigger displays, Vive and Oculus both have dedicated reddit forums. That would be a good place to promote your work and ask for feedback as to what owners of those HMDs want to see ...
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by HelpMeSomebody.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 6 months ago #549 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

HelpMeSomebody wrote: Got it working with DOOM! An OpenGL game in 3D! Can't believe it. Thanks so much BlueSkyKnight!

Are there any other settings I should adjust for DOOM besides DM and Depth Map Enhancement?

What do the blur settings do, exactly? Can't find an explanation. Is it the blurred edges around your weapon?

Dude...Doom doesn't have a depth map..

• HelpMeSomebody
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #550 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

HelpMeSomebody wrote: Got it working with DOOM! An OpenGL game in 3D! Can't believe it. Thanks so much BlueSkyKnight!

Are there any other settings I should adjust for DOOM besides DM and Depth Map Enhancement?

What do the blur settings do, exactly? Can't find an explanation. Is it the blurred edges around your weapon?

Dude...Doom doesn't have a depth map..

But I thought someone recommended using DME with DOOM in this thread?

Also BlueSky specifies a particular DM to use with DOOM, if I'm not mistaken. Dude.

• nieda113
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #551 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi i know that shift f2 enables the settings.
Iam using reshade3.0
But i only can enable the shader but how can i change the specific values of those shaders... ?
Do i have o copy the BSD folder and the D3D.undef as well into the reshade shaders folder? a or just the superdepthmap.fx ?
THX

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #552 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So every one here has DOOM 2016? DOOM2016 was playable on Reshade 3.0

BoboVR V4 So cell phone VR.
What programs you use?

I guess I will release two HMD Shader versions then one with the disocclusion masking and one with out. Since some people have faster PCs.

Oculus Rift.
I will read up more on this head set.

I know some here has OSVR HMD.
Good thing they have GitHub.

Ya you can promote it if you like. It's that This shader still needs a lot of work. it's just that the Hardware for VR HMDs is really expensive, so I am trying to like do with no knowledge of the systems.

So I am reading up on each system to try to match what the websites talk about.
rifty-business.blogspot.com/2013/08/unde...rift-distortion.html
Was the one website that told me that the lens is not center with with image. I would have no way of knowing this with out the device or some one telling me.

I was glad I was able to find it.

So I was able allow for adjustment for the lens to the HMD shader. Good thing I separated this from the main shader.

In the following days I will be adjusting to the settings From what I read from the documentation I read about the various HMDs.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #553 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: Hi i know that shift f2 enables the settings.
Iam using reshade3.0
But i only can enable the shader but how can i change the specific values of those shaders... ?
Do i have o copy the BSD folder and the D3D.undef as well into the reshade shaders folder? a or just the superdepthmap.fx ?
THX

The only shader file you need is SuperDepth3D.fx

This should be in the folder that rehade picks/you pick.

This is how I set it up in the Quake 2 XP folder.

Then in reshade I set up a folder for the shader and dropped my shader in.

This or you can just Drop in the same folder as default as the game exe. This is what you should do.

I have other shaders in Other locations ignore them.

• nieda113
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #554 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Got it working,, the problem is that the reshade hud is squased and i did not see the lowest section .

• nieda113
More
7 years 6 months ago #555 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So how about using the oculus cv1? Reshade is not compatible with the latest sdk 1.4. The reshade author says implementation postponed . Is working or not thanks for answering...

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #556 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: So how about using the oculus cv1? Reshade is not compatible with the latest sdk 1.4. The reshade author says implementation postponed . Is working or not thanks for answering...

No, that is an entirely different scenario. What you are referring to is the ability to use Reshade with Oculus Rift apps, to be able to apply Reshade to the rifts rendering pipeline, which has been postponed by the developer. The way to use Reshade with the Rift is using another indirect method which is through a Rift app called Virtual Desktop or Bigscreen Beta (both available through Steam), and you view the games which you play with Reshade though that app. also in either Virtual Desktop or Bigscreen Beta, you need enable their Side by side modes, in Virtual Desktop it is the F7 key.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• nieda113
More
7 years 6 months ago #557 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
thats what i did already. But ist like fake though., too bad .
I have a reshade preset there are .fxh files in reshade what are they for and where to locate those files in reshade ( in the shader folderß). And there is a reshade.fx file , too what to do with that ( into the shader folder or in the oots game?)

THX
`
OT u r great man.... first that takes time to explain thing precisely.....many thanks for that u helped me a lot to understand.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #558 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: BoboVR V4 So cell phone VR.
What programs you use?.

Tridef or your shader for SBS 3D, and Moonlight to stream to my Note 4. My phone has a resolution of 1440 x 2560, higher than the Rift or Viive. Haven't had a chance to try the Rift yet but I did try the Vive. On every other measure, the Vive puts my setup to shame, but the image is better on my phone. If you have a decent smart phone and an Nvidia card I recommend trying this route. I will eventually buy a "real" HMD, but not till the second generation where the hardware will be better and a little less expensive.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #559 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

HelpMeSomebody wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: BoboVR V4 So cell phone VR.
What programs you use?.

Tridef or your shader for 3BS 3D, and Moonlight to stream to my Note 4. My phone has a resolution of 1440 x 2560, higher than the Rift or Viive. Haven't had a chance to try the Rift yet but I did try the Vive. On every other measure, the Vive puts my setup to shame, but the image is better on my phone. If you have a decent smart phone and an Nvidia card I recommend trying this route. I will eventually buy a "real" HMD, but not till the second generation where the hardware will be better and a little less expensive.

I think I am going this route.

I have a friend that selling me a LG G4 for a 150bucks so I can use for VR.

So I am going to hold off a bit till I get the Cellphone and HMD CellPhone Shell unit. This way it's a lot cheaper for me to program for HMDs.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
7 years 6 months ago #560 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I definitely recommend the BoboVR V4. I've owned most of the high end cellphone HMDs, including the SnailVR SVS and the Gear VR, and I think the Bobo is the best of them all, though I did change the lenses and add extra padding.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.