3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #561 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
BlueSkyKnight ,

So for gaming now I use SuperDepth3D or 1.9 or HMD ? which will be the best for quality and performance at the moment ? I'm lost at the moment I don't know which one to use.

Still haven't gone around the game but I think I'm getting between 60-110 Fps at least on the first areas that you see in the picture. So would the HMD version will have better performance or quality or it's a trade ?

Quantum Break with 1.9 , Alternate Depth 18, Depth 15 - and Radical Discllusion ( please find shortcut name for this , can't even remembers it's name ) :)) looks amazing , I bet it could look better. Usually it shouldn't be more whiter ? Should I change the Depth ? which Depth are you playing , I just don't want too much of Characters or image blurring

We seriously need some place to put the settings, using TXT is a mess, I find myself just hard to get all the settings, cause there are more, and sometimes we need to remember the Depth or other settings which isn't written and then I'm lost and need to take more time to get the right settings again.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by x8009.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zig11727
More
7 years 6 months ago #562 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@BlueKnightSky

Would it possible for you to take a look at Shadow Warrior 2 when viewing Depth Maps they are all grey, black or white. This is flying wild hog game which properly requires FSAA is Temporal Anti-Aliasing is the only option in the menu would this do to access the depth buffer ?
If you don't own the game just point me in the right direction if possible.
Thanks,

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago #563 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: @BlueKnightSky

Would it possible for you to take a look at Shadow Warrior 2 when viewing Depth Maps they are all grey, black or white. This is flying wild hog game which properly requires FSAA is Temporal Anti-Aliasing is the only option in the menu would this do to access the depth buffer ?
Thanks,

Ye looking for playing Shadow Warrior 2 in 3D . I hope it works with the depth buffer !

• Proxish
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #564 by Proxish Replied by Proxish on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: You do know I don't have the head sets....... It's hard for me check my work.

This will take time as I,m guessing at most the the problems I face.

Give me time.

or the hardware since it's hard to develop on hardware you don't have.

Why did you think I ordered the anaglyph glasses. it was so that I was able to work on that faster.

That only took me a day once i got the hardware.

Yea I know. I wasn't trying to be rude or pushy, my apologies if it seemed like I was. I just wanted to add to what "HelpMeSomebody" was saying.

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Also who here has what HMD.

I have a HDK2 and I have access to DOOM 2016, so I'm good to test with that. I have access to 600+ games thanks to Steam sharing, so I should be able to test most games released up until the last two months.

I'll also make a little vid tomorrow talking about your program and post it to the OSVR, Vive & Oculus subreddits, hopefully that'll get in some more people to help you out testing the profiles for HMD's.

You could also try contacting OSVR to ask whether or not they'd be willing to send you out a HDK2 in order to create a profile. They have fantastic staff that are very supportive of developers.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Proxish.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #565 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

HelpMeSomebody wrote: I definitely recommend the BoboVR V4. I've owned most of the high end cellphone HMDs, including the SnailVR SVS and the Gear VR, and I think the Bobo is the best of them all, though I did change the lenses and add extra padding.

I am getting BOBOVR Z4mini since it's like 20 bucks :P

Also how did you change the lenses?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #566 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: BlueSkyKnight ,

So for gaming now I use SuperDepth3D or 1.9 or HMD ? which will be the best for quality and performance at the moment ? I'm lost at the moment I don't know which one to use.

Still haven't gone around the game but I think I'm getting between 60-110 Fps at least on the first areas that you see in the picture. So would the HMD version will have better performance or quality or it's a trade ?

Quantum Break with 1.9 , Alternate Depth 18, Depth 15 - and Radical Discllusion ( please find shortcut name for this , can't even remembers it's name ) :)) looks amazing , I bet it could look better. Usually it shouldn't be more whiter ? Should I change the Depth ? which Depth are you playing , I just don't want too much of Characters or image blurring

We seriously need some place to put the settings, using TXT is a mess, I find myself just hard to get all the settings, cause there are more, and sometimes we need to remember the Depth or other settings which isn't written and then I'm lost and need to take more time to get the right settings again.

This depth man needs to be lighter but this can work at lower depth settings .

You need to understand. some setting like Depth and Discllusion mask amount should be set to the user preference. This is how much you can tolerate. Because you lose depth when the Discllusion mask is to strong.

I think I have a depth map for this game Ya it's
Quantum Break DM 18 Radial

As for the User settings I made a google docs page.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ujpY-97...ppfU_0N2k/edit#gid=0 It;s at the bottom of the first page. On Git Hub.

As for 1.8.9 vs 1.9.0 right now 1.9.0 is using a lower resolution depth map. So 1.9.0 should be a little faster.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #567 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I am getting BOBOVR Z4mini since it's like 20 bucks :P

Also how did you change the lenses?

I think I paid like 30 for my BoboVR. 20 is a great deal for what you are getting.

Changing the lenses--I think I just popped them out and used electrical tape to tape the new ones in there.

Why I switched lenses: The biggest issue I had with ALL the HMDs I've used is that the lenses OVERLY magnify the image. The developers are trying to get the biggest possible FOV. Which is good, but there is a trade-off: they use high magnification lenses to enlarge the image as much as possible to get you that high FOV, but if you enlarge it too much you cut off part of the screen, so you don't see the edges of the image, and worse, you can see the individual pixels because the image is so blown up, even on a high resolution phone like mine and that LG you are getting. It also makes the image look less sharp when you blow it up too big.

I can post a link to the lenses I use to avoid this, if you want, but you should know that it was a little more complicated than just taking out the old lenses. I also had to remove the back of the Bobo so I could have the phone slightly farther away from my eyes to better focus on the image with the new lenses. But I'm farsighted so you might not have that same issue.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by HelpMeSomebody.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #568 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Proxish wrote:
Yea I know. I wasn't trying to be rude or pushy, my apologies if it seemed like I was. I just wanted to add to what "HelpMeSomebody" was saying.

It's ok.

Proxish wrote:
I have a HDK2 and I have access to DOOM 2016, so I'm good to test with that. I have access to 600+ games thanks to Steam sharing, so I should be able to test most games released up until the last two months.

This seems to be a common game people have. That's why I will be using this.

Proxish wrote: I'll also make a little vid tomorrow talking about your program and post it to the OSVR, Vive & Oculus subreddits, hopefully that'll get in some more people to help you out testing the profiles for HMD's.

Good ya just getting the basic down would be good.

Proxish wrote: You could also try contacting OSVR to ask whether or not they'd be willing to send you out a HDK2 in order to create a profile. They have fantastic staff that are very supportive of developers.

I am bad at this kind of stuff. Do you have a email I can use? I really need a liaison for this kind of dev hardware procurement.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
7 years 6 months ago #569 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Proxish wrote: I have a HDK2s.

Not to hijack this thread, but how do you like that HDK, Proxish? That's the newer one, right? Not the 1080p version?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #570 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: @BlueKnightSky

Thanks,

With the old game we have to change the renderer.

was listed in the game settings.
{Shadow warrior(2013)}
Depth Buffer only in DX9 so launch it in Shadow Warrior XP and turn on FSAAX2 in game.

I don't own the game. Most of the time I get games is when Gaben has his sales. That or Good Old Gaming has Sales
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• zig11727
More
7 years 6 months ago #571 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@BlueKnightSky
Shadow Warrior 2 doesn't support DX9 or FSAAX2 the only option is DX11 and Temporal Anti-Aliasing I will research it and post what I find.
Thanks,

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago #572 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

You need to understand. some setting like Depth and Discllusion mask amount should be set to the user preference. This is how much you can tolerate. Because you lose depth when the Discllusion mask is to strong.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ujpY-97...ppfU_0N2k/edit#gid=0 It;s at the bottom of the first page. On Git Hub.

As for 1.8.9 vs 1.9.0 right now 1.9.0 is using a lower resolution depth map. So 1.9.0 should be a little faster.

Nice I will fill whatever I can there when I start playing with the games.

So Quality/Performance you say 1.9 is better now with performance because lower resolution depth map what does it mean ? if you can explain a bit on that :)

so no more use for 1.9 vs 1.9 HMD because 1.9 is better ?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #573 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

So Quality/Performance you say 1.9 is better now with performance because lower resolution depth map what does it mean ? if you can explain a bit on that :)

1.9.0 has Discllusion this "helps" with sharp halos.
1.9.0_HMDs sacrifice Discllusion masking for speed.
1.9.0__Anaglyph 3D is for Anaglyph glasses may need less Discllusion masking.

Each type of 3D Needs to focus on different things.

Lowering the resolution on Depth map lowers the memory requirement. This should have a grater impact on 4k.

But, you can always change this.

texture texCC { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT/2; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCDM { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT/2; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCC { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCDM { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};

If I ever get a nice CPU/better GPU I would use.

texture texCC { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCDM { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};

I am trying to balance Quality and Performance. I may end up implement a form of Nvidias Multi-Res Shading . In stead of just halving the resolution for every thing.

This may be a better way of doing it.

I don't know if this would help. I will test it on internal builds. Also this is not really for sub 1440p. This is really for 1440p and above. for 1080p a full resolution depth map would be best.

so setting the depth buffer to this. would be best.
texture texCC { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCDM { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};

But, Like I said This still getting tested. and may not be for final release.

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #574 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

1.9.0 has Discllusion this "helps" with sharp halos.
1.9.0_HMDs sacrifice Discllusion masking for speed.
1.9.0__Anaglyph 3D is for Anaglyph glasses may need less Discllusion masking.

Each type of 3D Needs to focus on different things.

Lowering the resolution on Depth map lowers the memory requirement. This should have a grater impact on 4k.

But, you can always change this.

texture texCC { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT/2; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCDM { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT/2; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCC { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};
texture texCDM { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH/2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA32F;};

If I ever get a nice CPU/better GPU I would use.

I am trying to balance Quality and Performance. I may end up implement a form of Nvidias Multi-Res Shading . In stead of just halving the resolution for every thing.

This may be a better way of doing it.

I don't know if this would help. I will test it on internal builds. Also this is not really for sub 1440p. This is really for 1440p and above. for 1080p a full resolution depth map would be best.

so setting the depth buffer to this. would be best.

Sounds awsome ! So what resolution does 1.8.9 uses compare to 1.9 and 1.9 HMD, because I didn't actually understand how to change the resolution compare to other version ? If I usually play game at 1920x1080 or 2560x1440p which should I use anyway. I hope you would implemented this technology as it might improve the quality a lot.

btw : what did you mean in :)
"This depth man needs to be lighter but this can work at lower depth settings ."

• Proxish
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #575 by Proxish Replied by Proxish on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Good ya just getting the basic down would be good.

Cool, I'll create the vid tonight talking about your program and hopefully get a few more people in to test it out.

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Do you have a email I can use?

My contact at OSVR is Marquis, he's a great guy and has been a fantastic help. I'd suggest getting in touch with him first, talking about your program and asking what the procedure would be for obtaining a HDK2 for development.
Here's a link to his Reddit Profile - www.reddit.com/user/OSVR-Marquis

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #576 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: Sounds awsome ! So what resolution does 1.8.9 uses compare to 1.9 and 1.9 HMD, because I didn't actually understand how to change the resolution compare to other version ? If I usually play game at 1920x1080 or 2560x1440p which should I use anyway. I hope you would implemented this technology as it might improve the quality a lot.

I Still need to do comparison pictures.

x8009 wrote: btw : what did you mean in :)
"This depth man needs to be lighter but this can work at lower depth settings ."

That's a Typo I mean to say Map not man.

Proxish wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Good ya just getting the basic down would be good.

Cool, I'll create the vid tonight talking about your program and hopefully get a few more people in to test it out.

This will be good. Getting the basics on running reshade 3.0 would help a lot.

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Do you have a email I can use?

My contact at OSVR is Marquis, he's a great guy and has been a fantastic help. I'd suggest getting in touch with him first, talking about your program and asking what the procedure would be for obtaining a HDK2 for development.
Here's a link to his Reddit Profile - www.reddit.com/user/OSVR-Marquis

In stead of asking for a HMD I will just ask if they can help me tune my shader for OSVR that way they don't have to send me the hardware. I will ask this first. Because, shader programming help would be a bigger help to me.

Also in other news.
The Game "Stay Close"

Works really well with Depth Map 26

• Proxish
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #577 by Proxish Replied by Proxish on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Cool, sounds like a good plan.

That's the vid covering this program just gone live.

I'll hopefully be able to make a basic tutorial on how to load things up later in the week when I get a break from everything else.

If I got anything wrong in this, then please just leave a comment on the vid to correct me and I'll make sure that in the next one I don't make the same mistake.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, BlueSkyKnight, zig11727

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #578 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Proxish wrote: Cool, sounds like a good plan.

I'll hopefully be able to make a basic tutorial on how to load things up later in the week when I get a break from everything else.

If I got anything wrong in this, then please just leave a comment on the vid to correct me and I'll make sure that in the next one I don't make the same mistake.

Thank you.

Ya this is good. Don't worry about mistakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer3500

• AladinZ
More
7 years 6 months ago #579 by AladinZ Replied by AladinZ on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello. I have been using SuperDepth3D_v1.9.0_Anaglyph and in some games, it refuses to work as it incures a black screen. Currently, I'm testing it with Firewatch and no setting combination seems to resolve the issue. SuperDepth3D_v1.9.0 (side-by-side) works just fine. Am I missing something ?

Thank you.

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #580 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Proxish wrote: Cool, sounds like a good plan.

Hehe , did you use the screenshot I put here :)

BlueSkyKnight,

So I need to make it lighter (Whiter) on the mid and far in the image of Quantum Break ?

What should be better to use for games like Inside ? Should I look for always the brightest White when it's far ? and mid grey-black in mid ? and Black-grey on near or just black ? Should I need to see the graphics on the far white ? if it's too white and only see white and not graphics it's bad ?

Alternate 24

Custom_Depth_Map=4.000000
Near_Far=4.000000,2.000000

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.