SweetFX official thread

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #21 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX official thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 5 months ago #22 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SweetFX official thread
Also, Lucifer uploaded a version with a toggle for all effects at once:

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/401...ased-5102-03-29-4151
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• CeeJay.dk
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #23 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic SweetFX official thread
The toggle button is still in SweetFX - but it's not in the joint framework.

• Martigen
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 5 months ago #24 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic SweetFX official thread

Wicked Sick wrote: Also, Lucifer uploaded a version with a toggle for all effects at once:

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/401...ased-5102-03-29-4151

I'm guessing this is the intended design given the ability to re-order effects among all the shader packs. Will we see this global toggle as default in 0.18?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #25 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX official thread

Martigen wrote: I'm guessing this is the intended design given the ability to re-order effects among all the shader packs. Will we see this global toggle as default in 0.18?

Please understand that ReShade and SweetFX or the framework or similar are developed separatly. So this is nothing to be added with a ReShade release, but is done by the shader authors themself.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by crosire.

• sajittarius
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #26 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic SweetFX official thread

crosire wrote:

Martigen wrote: I'm guessing this is the intended design given the ability to re-order effects among all the shader packs. Will we see this global toggle as default in 0.18?

Please understand that ReShade and SweetFX or the framework or similar are developed separatly. So this is nothing to be added with a ReShade release, but is done by the shader authors themself.

Thanks for the info, i think some of us were thinking ReShade itself would need to be modified to set a global toggle. I guess we just need to be patient and let the devs do their thing :)

• Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #27 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic SweetFX official thread
The "Standalone SweetFx 2.0 version" does not work with d3d9.dll games like Mortal Kombat Komplete and NFS II Special Edition. The games pick up ReShade 0.17.0.810 by Crosire (compiling effect. ... Succeeded!), but the message underneath is that SweetFx is disabled. Once in the game the ScrollLock do not enable SweetFx.

With GTA3 (d3d8.dll) and MotoGP14 (dxgi.dll) the ScrollLock works 100%.

I have also tried d3d9.dll's from previous versions with no success.

• Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #28 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic SweetFX official thread
Come on guys! Many of you must have d3d9.dll games. Test them as I have and give your input. :cheer:

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #29 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SweetFX official thread
I had a similar problem with Borderlands 2 and the framework version. Game boots up, show the message of a successful compilation but no effects. Sometimes work but other times not.

• Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #30 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic SweetFX official thread
Wicked Sick - Ok, my problem is not with the "0.17.0 ReShade + Framework version" (which includes SweetfX, GemFX and McFX). In that version you cannot enable or disable SweetFX.

That is why Crosire has decided to bring out a ReShade version 0.17.0 with ONLY SweetFX included. And only SweetFX is included. It is compiled like all the previous versions.

So I am quite surprised that in this version you cannot enable or disable SweetFX in a d3d9.dll game whilst it is possible do so in d3d8.dll + dxgi.dll games.lt seems to work also in OpenGL games.

But I am glad you answered, so lets get this post rolling with more information until we can sort the problem out. :cheer:

Off the topic: See your birthdate is 26 Jan 1945. Mine is 25 Dec 1943. We are old but still crazy about playing games! ;)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Mike Gous.

• Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #31 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic SweetFX official thread
Let me explain what I found out after additional testing. The effects of SweetFx (ReShade 0.17.0 + only SweetFX) is easy observable in my d3d9.dll games when I put for instance LumaSharpen at its extreme settings for sharpening. HDR at extreme settings will darken the game.

It is clear that the effects of SweetFX is coming through to the game, but, and a big BUT, press the ScrollLock and nothing happens.

In other words if you want to test the colors whilst ingame, you cannot turn SweetFX off. It stays on.

This happens only with the d3d9.dll games. So if you want to play around with the ScrollLock in d3d9.dll games it's the best (for me ) to stay on version 0.16.0.

Hopefully this will be sorted out in a future version. ;)

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #32 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic SweetFX official thread
@Mike Gous: Here's a workaround. Alt-tab out of your game, open Sweet.fx and find the line that says
"technique SweetFX <bool enabled = ReShade_Start_Enabled; int toggle = ReShade_ToggleKey; >" (for SweetFX 2.0 beta8, that is)
Change that to
"technique SweetFX <bool enabled = false; int toggle = ReShade_ToggleKey; >" to disable SweetFX, or
"technique SweetFX <bool enabled = true; int toggle = ReShade_ToggleKey; >" to re-enable. It's not as practical as a toggle key, but it works.

For me that key almost never worked, even in previous versions, not sure why.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by SpinelessJelly.

• Mike Gous
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #33 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic SweetFX official thread
SpinelessJelly - Yes it works, but is quite time consuming for a lazy guy like me. ;)

I think I will stay on version 0.16.0 where the ScrollLock works.

Anyway thanks for your input. I appreciate it. :)

• F D B
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #34 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic SweetFX official thread
Can anybody guide me step by step on how to port the ColorMod preset from MasterEffects to SweetFX? I would love to do it and I have no problem trying to do it myself but I've failed to do so with no knowledge. Thank you all in advance.

• Ioxa
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #35 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic SweetFX official thread

F D B wrote: Can anybody guide me step by step on how to port the ColorMod preset from MasterEffects to SweetFX? I would love to do it and I have no problem trying to do it myself but I've failed to do so with no knowledge. Thank you all in advance.

Easiest way would probably be to add it to an existing shader. I'd use Monochrome.h because it's only a couple lines of code and you can undo the effect by setting Monochrome_color_saturation to 1.00.

First you can just copy the colormod pass out of MasterEffect.
Warning: Spoiler!

And paste that into Monochrome.h. I'd put it just above the line that says "float4 MonochromePass( float4 colorInput )".

Next, scroll down to the line that says "//Return the result" and just above it add a line that says
colorInput.rgb = ColormodPass( colorInput.rgb );

Now you just need to copy the ColorMod settings out of MasterEffect.h and paste them into SweetFX_settings.txt.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #36 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SweetFX official thread
Could anyone tell me how do I use the #define USE_PALETTE?

Do I have to place that thing we used with ENB? Or is it something else?

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
9 years 1 week ago #37 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic SweetFX official thread

Wicked Sick wrote: Could anyone tell me how do I use the #define USE_PALETTE?

Do I have to place that thing we used with ENB? Or is it something else?

I Need to know this also :cheer:

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 week ago #38 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SweetFX official thread
Perhaps now we might get an answer....

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #39 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic SweetFX official thread

Wicked Sick wrote: Perhaps now we might get an answer....

I don't think this works at the moment because I tried out putting different PALETTES in the SweetFX texture folder and in the main directory and nothing!

Hope someone will confirm this soon.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Quentin-Tarantino.

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #40 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic SweetFX official thread
you should look at the code in /Reshade/SweetFX/SharedShader/Palette.h
/*
Version 0.1 by CeeJay.dk
- 

I need to try different color difference algorithms.
Right now im doing euclidian distance to the RGB values,
but I think it might be better if I tried HSL, HSV , YUV or CIE (most likely CIE)

Then later i'm adding dithering.

After that works I can add more palettes.
*/

float4 Palette( float4 colorInput)
{
  float3 color = colorInput.rgb;

float3 palette[16];
  palette[0] =  float3(  0. ,   0. ,   0. );
  palette[1] =  float3( 62. ,  49. , 162. );
  palette[2] =  float3( 87. ,  66. ,   0. );
  palette[3] =  float3(140. ,  62. ,  52. );
  palette[4] =  float3( 84. ,  84. ,  84. );
  palette[5] =  float3(141. ,  71. , 179. );
  palette[6] =  float3(144. ,  95. ,  37. );
  palette[7] =  float3(124. , 112. , 218. );
  palette[8] =  float3(128. , 128. , 129. );
  palette[9] =  float3(104. , 169. ,  65. );
  palette[10] = float3(187. , 119. , 109. );
  palette[11] = float3(122. , 191. , 199. );
  palette[12] = float3(171. , 171. , 171. );
  palette[13] = float3(208. , 220. , 113. );
  palette[14] = float3(172. , 234. , 136. );
  palette[15] = float3(255. , 255. , 255. );

// etc
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by jmp909.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.