PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

• Kleio420
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #21 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!

crosire wrote:

Kleio420 wrote: doesnt reshade detect if the game is online and disable depth buffer access

Correct. Writing a shader that uncloacks players in Crysis isn't hard with just depthbuffer access and that's just a simple example.
But how is that related to the PPFX shaderpack if I may ask? =)

all i gotta say is a better solution should be made about the decision of depth buffer access online down the road, thats my biggest request and suggestion i think that would also allow devs to say yes or no on injectors like this as its really in limbo of whether they are allowed.

and these shaders i just like the look of them in comparison to similar versions on this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Euda
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #22 by Euda Replied by Euda on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
R ELEASE:
Version 1.03.29 released!

download:
www.mediafire.com/download/8wuszra3alcd1...Shade+-+1.03.29b.rar

* Fixed major issue of SSDO filtering (bilateral component only being active in horizontal blur, thus leading to vertical stripes)
* -> Increased SSDO sharpness
* Fixed blending of Occlusion/Lighting-factors with the Indirect Bounces' color. Should look a lot better now.
* Added parameter 'ssdoBounceMultiplier' (0-1). Use it to adjust the Global Illumination visibility. 0 means 'casual' SSDO without colors considered, 1 yields the effects' full strength.

I N P ROGRESS:

* Heatwaves –just need to implement it in the shadersuite and optionalize depth fade (for games without z-buffer detection)
* SSDO optimizations, almost doubling the effects performance per sample. According code is "quick and dirty" atm, just need to think on structurizing it correctly and get rid of a small artifact.
* Optionally fetch bounces from low-pass-filtered frame. Need some further thoughts to spend on this as this'll result in objects reflecting light from invisible angles.

A NY I SSUES?

If you encounter a bug or if you'd like to see a certain effect in my shaderpack, just tell me in this thread. Enjoy! B)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Euda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, jas01, TinchO, KoolKoala

• KoolKoala
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #23 by KoolKoala Replied by KoolKoala on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
Hey guys, for some reason I'm having a bug with the SSDO only giving me a gray screen when I use it, is anyone else having a similar issue or know how to fix it?

• Euda
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #24 by Euda Replied by Euda on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
What games did you play with the mod? Ingame MSAA (Anti-aliasing except post-processing-methods such as FXAA/SMAA) has to be disabled in order to make ReShade's depthbuffer-detection work (required for calculating AO-/GI-effects).

Also, try using the latest version. In the previous release I accidentally left ssdoDebugMode at 1. This has to be 0 so that GI/AO-results get mixed with the original color.

• NattyDread
More
9 years 1 week ago #25 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
Hey Euda, thanks for the new toys :cheer: You got some really sick AO / IL combo going with this SSDO method.
I did a quick (quality, not performance) test with Dark Souls. It may not be the best testing grounds for IL since the game hardly has any realtime lighting but the AO results are stunning:

I cranked up everything at full resolution and used 128 sample amount though :silly: but I only care about screenshots so 1 fps (@ 4k) didn't really bother me. :P

Keep up the good work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #26 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
I want to try this out with the framework. Where in the reshade.fx files should I put everything so they chain together without issues? I mostly only want to try the AO/GI you have. All other effects will be done with the rest of the Framework.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by vfxninjaeditor.

• Ioxa
More
9 years 1 week ago #27 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

vfxninjaeditor wrote: I want to try this out with the framework. Where in the reshade.fx files should I put everything so they chain together without issues? I mostly only want to try the AO/GI you have. All other effects will be done with the rest of the Framework.

You can change the name of the file and add an include line for it in the Effect Ordering. If you are just going to use the AO then it would probably be best to include it before all the other effects. For example, this is how it looks in my ReShade.fx file. I renamed the PPFX file to ReShadePPFX.fx.
/*----------------------------.
  | ::    Effect Ordering    :: |
  '----------------------------*/
#include "ReShadePPFX.fx"
#include EFFECT(McFX, SSAO)
#include EFFECT(McFX, DOF)

I tried it with a few different effects enabled and didn't run into any errors. If you do run into any redefinition errors then you could probably put the #include line at the end of the Effect Ordering since all the effects undefine their definitions when they are finished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread, vfxninjaeditor, jas01, jmp909

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 week ago #28 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

Ioxa wrote:

vfxninjaeditor wrote: I want to try this out with the framework. Where in the reshade.fx files should I put everything so they chain together without issues? I mostly only want to try the AO/GI you have. All other effects will be done with the rest of the Framework.

You can change the name of the file and add an include line for it in the Effect Ordering. If you are just going to use the AO then it would probably be best to include it before all the other effects. For example, this is how it looks in my ReShade.fx file. I renamed the PPFX file to ReShadePPFX.fx.
/*----------------------------.
  | ::    Effect Ordering    :: |
  '----------------------------*/
#include "ReShadePPFX.fx"
#include EFFECT(McFX, SSAO)
#include EFFECT(McFX, DOF)

I tried it with a few different effects enabled and didn't run into any errors. If you do run into any redefinition errors then you could probably put the #include line at the end of the Effect Ordering since all the effects undefine their definitions when they are finished.

Loxa, thanks for responding. Unfortunately, when I do the same thing as you detailed above, I don't see any changes from your package. Is there something I am missing?

• Ioxa
More
9 years 6 days ago #29 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Loxa, thanks for responding. Unfortunately, when I do the same thing as you detailed above, I don't see any changes from your package. Is there something I am missing?

Only things I can think of that would keep it from working would be a typo somewhere or the PPFX file isn't in the same folder as ReShade.fx

Install ReShade with the framework, add the include line to ReShade.fx, then rename the ReShade.fx file that comes with PPFX and install it just as the instructions say to.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #30 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

Ioxa wrote:

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Loxa, thanks for responding. Unfortunately, when I do the same thing as you detailed above, I don't see any changes from your package. Is there something I am missing?

Only things I can think of that would keep it from working would be a typo somewhere or the PPFX file isn't in the same folder as ReShade.fx

Install ReShade with the framework, add the include line to ReShade.fx, then rename the ReShade.fx file that comes with PPFX and install it just as the instructions say to.

in case ppl cant get it working they could always just paste ppfx all in the current reshade and it will run idk if thats slower or anything but if all else fails i know this will run that way

• Sk8rfallen
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #31 by Sk8rfallen Replied by Sk8rfallen on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
is there any word on how to get the dark colors back when using this certain dark colors go RGB on me and sometimes yellow.
here is an example in GTA 5
Warning: Spoiler!

Also does anyone know the Code for enable and disable this ppfx effect? loading in the game takes long time
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Sk8rfallen.

• kanuuna
More
8 years 10 months ago #32 by kanuuna Replied by kanuuna on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
Any idea how one might fix this error I'm getting?

The shaderpack works without issue on my native resolution (3440x1440), but when I would get this error when I'd go fullscreen at 5958x2494 with DSR. I'm only running the Bloom and Tonemapping.

• BillyAlt
More
8 years 10 months ago #33 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!

kanuuna wrote: Any idea how one might fix this error I'm getting?

The shaderpack works without issue on my native resolution (3440x1440), but when I would get this error when I'd go fullscreen at 5958x2494 with DSR. I'm only running the Bloom and Tonemapping.

How are you able to go up to 5958x2494 DSR?

• kanuuna
More
8 years 10 months ago #34 by kanuuna Replied by kanuuna on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
DSR options are based on the native resolution. 5958x2494 is the 3.00x equivalent option on my setup.

• NattyDread
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #35 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
Is this project abandoned? :(
I wold really like to see this SSDO added to the Framework.
Currently I just copy / paste it in the ReShade.fx and it works but as soon as I turn on the Bloom from GemFX the game crashes. I'm guessing it needs to be implemented with a little more grace than my "shove it in" method.

Euda if you're still here - would you be ok with that (adding SSDO to ReShade Framework)? ...so I can go and beg Lucifer and / or Marty about it.

It's a really great AO method:

(view it at full size to see the AO better)
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by NattyDread.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 10 months ago #36 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
A port to Framework would be my resort, as I'm the one responsible for depth based stuff such as DOF or AO. SSDO needs two cameras so this is no "true" SSDO like it's implemented in some games but for injected postprocessing as good as it gets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread

• NattyDread
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #37 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
Would you be interested in adding it? I know the GI is far from perfect but it could be a nice addition to the existing AO techniques in the Framework.
When used with highest quality settings it's really good for screenshots.

It doesn't use luminance consideration currently which I really miss.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by NattyDread.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 10 months ago #38 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
It will use the same slot as SSGI uses so all AO specific global variables such as luminance consideration also apply.

• NattyDread
More
8 years 10 months ago #39 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.25 | SSDO GI and much more!
So is that a yes? :cheer:
Can you contact Euda? (I think he's your countryman)

• Snoffel
More
8 years 9 months ago #40 by Snoffel Replied by Snoffel on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Can you please help me? I use the numpad 1 key in severals games and want to change the hotkey to another one to turn off/on PPFX. How can i change it?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.