ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

• JBeckman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #19 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Got a couple of error messages pointing to cfx_settings.cfg and cfx_settings.undef

After looking around in a few files I found that it's related to the custom settings and the util.h file.

Had to change two lines there to this instead:

#define CFX_SETTINGS_DEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.cfg"
#define CFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.undef"

(Alternatively you could probably just rename the config and undef file.)

Still three error messages to go but I'll see if I can't fix those as well.
(Redefined variable HDR_Mode and something about motion blur, which I actually don't have enabled but it must be something with that file.)

EDIT: Changing HDR mode back from 2 to 0 in McFx_settings solved all of them, now to see if I can find what caused it to break.

EDIT: Changing HDR mode in both McFx .cfg and GemFx .cfg solved it. :)
(Was under the bloom settings for GemFx a bit further down in that config file.)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by JBeckman.
The topic has been locked.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #20 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

fuze wrote: Hello, I have a couple of questions, and I hope you guys can help me :)

1. Is there a way to toggle the enabling/disabling the whole framework via 1 key?
2. Regarding HUD masking, I can't seem to find how to enable it, I see an .png image in the common/textures named RFX_sMask.png but how to activate it?
3. I tried using the same values for LensFlare, Anamorphic flare and LensDirt which I used with release 1.1.190 of MasterEffect. I think they are a part of GEMFX bloom.h right? So I deleted all the includes from ReShade.fx except GEMFX BLOOM and McFX DOF, and tweaked the GemFX_settings.cfg exactly like I did with MasterEffect (I only enabled LensFlare, Anamorphic flare and LensDirt). But somehow when I get ingame and compare the screenshots from MasterEffect and the new Framework, there is some kind of difference... As you can see on the MasterEffect screenshots the clouds are not so bright(which causes the LensDirt and Anamorphic flare to trigger) but on Framework ones the clouds are a little bit brighter which causes clouds to trigger these effects :(
Here are the screenshots so you could understand better what I am trying to explain here :)

MasterEffect | Framework (GEMFX)

MasterEffect | Framework (GEMFX)

1. Yes, it will be in the next fix (you can define the key in the Common_settings.cfg)
2. Splitscreen (in the Common_settings.cfg) without comparison or slider will use the mask. You can use it for the HUD.
3. According to Marty, the algorithm did not change with the last update. However, the dirt texture differs greatly, so you might want to try replacing the GFX_dirt.png in ReShade/GemFX/Textures with the mcdirt.png from ME (if you like it better).

JBeckman wrote: Got a couple of error messages pointing to cfx_settings.cfg and cfx_settings.undef

After looking around in a few files I found that it's related to the custom settings and the util.h file.

Had to change two lines there to this instead:

#define CFX_SETTINGS_DEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.cfg"
#define CFX_SETTINGS_UNDEF "ReShade/CustomFX_settings.undef"

(Alternatively you could probably just rename the config and undef file.)

Still three error messages to go but I'll see if I can't fix those as well.
(Redefined variable HDR_Mode and something about motion blur, which I actually don't have enabled but it must be something with that file.)

EDIT: Changing HDR mode back from 2 to 0 in McFx_settings solved all of them, now to see if I can find what caused it to break.

EDIT: Changing HDR mode in both McFx .cfg and GemFx .cfg solved it. :)
(Was under the bloom settings for GemFx a bit further down in that config file.)

Thanks for the feedback. I already implemented all fixes and am currently waiting for the upload. (either I will upload it myself and crosire can later change the link or he will come online in a moment) :) Either way, the issues should be fixed.
Also I added key toggles to all techniques so the key toggle defined in the Common_settings.cfg will now toggle all of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, BrandonHortman
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #21 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Thanks LuciferHawk!! I'm soooooo happy to have lumasharpen back in my tool kit =D

I noticed that HBAO always throws a warning no matter the settings. ( It works and is the only AO that throws the warning)
Also the RFX_Transition seems throws an error ( I cant remember if its a warning or an error right now)

I think the other stuff I noticed has been brought up already.

Again great work!! :cheer:
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #22 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
I updated the op with a fixed version. The binaries will stay the same so there is no need in changing the version number (it is only a quick fix after all).
Please check if everything got fixed but I hope it is :)

Additional color correction shader from ME will follow in a following update as explained earlier. With ReinhardLinear and FilmicPass the -in my opinion- most important ones have been ported already to SweetFX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, BrandonHortman
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #23 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
HDR mode is fixed.
Toggle key is still unavailable/inoperable
HBAO throws X3556 errors ( I'll post a screen shot in a second )
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #24 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
HBAO warning
[img
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #25 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
That warning (not error) is okay, it will not mess with anything.

EDIT:: Okay I found it.
Change " i%2 " to " i%2f "

Replacing the fixed file right now.

The key toggle should work (I just checked). Did you try the scroll lock key as defined as default?
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #26 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Yeah, Scroll lock, VK_Scroll, or 0x91. It worked for me with MFX, but still no.

I already had hours of work in my CFG files so I replaced all files except for the Gemfx, Mfx, and SFX cfg ( just those three files)

*EDIT*
Adding the F to the end of i%2 ( i%2f) in the SSAO.h fixed the HBAO warnings :cheer:
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by BrandonHortman.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #27 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

BrandonHortman wrote: Yeah, Scroll lock, VK_Scroll, or 0x91. It worked for me with MFX, but still no.

Can you check the toggle for another game or with another key? For me it definitly works :huh:
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Ganossa.
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #28 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Sure, I have today off and its rainy so its ReShade day =D

I'll try it on Far Cry 4, I was currently using it on Dragon Age Inquisition.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #29 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

BrandonHortman wrote: Sure, I have today off and its rainy so its ReShade day =D

I'll try it on Far Cry 4, I was currently using it on Dragon Age Inquisition.

Maybe also try it with a non 64bit game, in case the issue is bound to those binaries. You might also try "VK_SCROLL" instead of "VK_Scroll" in case it is case sensitive.
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #30 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Ok, I tried case sensitive alternatives.
I tried opening the Keycodes.h and selected random keycodes from the list ( spacebar, tab, ect ect)
I opened some of the shaders and searched for Toggle and confirmed that I replaced them ( confirmation from the RFX_ToggleKey string in the file)

No dice.

I dont think I have any 32 bit games. Unless The Witcher 2 is 32 bit. I'll check that now.
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #31 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Fresh install on Witcher 2 with 32 bit DLLs resulted in no toggle key support also.
I also tried using VK_TAB instead of VK_SCROLL with no results.
  • blackdragonbird
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #32 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Toggle key not working here too. Tried VK_RCONTROL and VK_RMENU and still nothing.
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #33 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Fresh install on Far Cry 4 also no toggle key support.
I can't figure out why either, I have exhausted my limited cognitive resources on it :cheer:

Seems like it should work fine as far as I can tell.

*edit*
Also tested OpenGL32 on zDoom, no toggle.
  • crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #34 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
The framework has no key toggle currently, unless you add the code for it. So that's expected.
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #35 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Lucifer updated the file earlier.
Fixed the HDR erros, HBAO warnings, and included the code for toggle keys.
Its working for him, but not for us so far.

The file is on the first page.
  • fuze
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #36 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

LuciferHawk wrote:
1. Yes, it will be in the next fix (you can define the key in the Common_settings.cfg)
2. Splitscreen (in the Common_settings.cfg) without comparison or slider will use the mask. You can use it for the HUD.
3. According to Marty, the algorithm did not change with the last update. However, the dirt texture differs greatly, so you might want to try replacing the GFX_dirt.png in ReShade/GemFX/Textures with the mcdirt.png from ME (if you like it better).

Now about 2. question, I can't seem to get it working, here are the settings in my Common_settings.cfg
And about 3. question, yeah I know about the LensDirt texture :D I used the same ones in the preview pictures, but when I opened MasterEffect 1.1.190 again, I saw there were some new values which were not present in your GemFX_settings.cfg, here are those new values . Your LensDirt seems to only have the fLensdirtIntensity while the MasterEffect has these 3 more, could this maybe be the problem?

EDIT: About masking, It seems I forgot that I disabled SplitScreen in ReShade.fx... My bad, sorry :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by fuze.
  • crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #37 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

BrandonHortman wrote: Lucifer updated the file earlier.
Fixed the HDR erros, HBAO warnings, and included the code for toggle keys.
Its working for him, but not for us so far.

The file is on the first page.

Whoops, sorry for the confusion, don't mind me then. =)

You could try to do a folderwide search and replace of "< enabled = true; >" with "< enabled = true; toggle = 0x20; >" for the spacebar as toggle In the ReShade directory inside your game folder.
  • BrandonHortman
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #38 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)
Seems like it should work. He has it setup like this ( this is from the DOF.h file)

technique DOF_Tech <bool enabled = RFX_Start_Enabled; int toggle = RFX_ToggleKey; >

Then in Common_settings.cfg he has:

#define RFX_ToggleKey VK_SCROLL //Set the key that should toggle the effects On/Off

The common_settings.cfg is working (split screen works fine from there) , and if I change the toggle key to something not defined in the Keycodes.h, like VK_scroll (a case sensitive fail) then I get an error from it.

It doesn't toggle in any game I own though.

Even tried several different keycodes copied from the keycodes.h. ( Spacebar, tab, scroll lock)

I suppose I could go through all the shaders and change the:

technique DOF_Tech <bool enabled = RFX_Start_Enabled; int toggle = RFX_ToggleKey; >

to

technique DOF_Tech <bool enabled = RFX_Start_Enabled; int toggle = 0x91; >

like you recommended

*Edit*
This also did not work

technique DOF_Tech <bool enabled = RFX_Start_Enabled; int toggle = 0x91; >
technique DOF_Tech <bool enabled = 1; int toggle = 0x91; >
technique DOF_Tech <bool enabled = 1; int toggle = RFX_ToggleKey; >

As well as:
#define RFX_ToggleKey 0x91

I hope this info is helpful to someone :cheer:
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.