ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Ganossa ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246) was created by Ganossa
It took over a month of intensive work and concentration but it is finally here! The brand new and overhauled ReShade Framework plus Mediator.

Download the latest ReShade Framework Release from the download page or HERE

This update features::
  • Added brand new and highly anticipated deband shader by JPulowski
  • Added brand new paint shader by JPulowski
  • A huge update on the Gaussian shader by Ioxa
  • Another improvement to the lens effect of ambient light shader
  • Completely overhauled configuration files by Ioxa to fit the new Mediator
  • And...of course the long awaited Mediator by Luciferhawk ;)

In the following I will go over the main features of the Mediator and how to use it (though this is not a tutorial placement which will come at a later time)::

1. Depending on the user's preference, the ReShade Framework + Mediator can be dropped into the target application folder (as usual) or now dropped somewhere else, centralized to manage all applications from ONE location!

2. To link target application and Mediator, the user can add application profiles which store all application individual settings. On profile creation, the Mediator will suggest which binaries to install. On one click the Mediator will then automatically install the binary and link between ReShade Framework and the target application :)

3. The user can create presets of his favorite settings and freely select them between all target applications without any overhead. On preset creation, an additional, single TheLazy.Net configuration file will be created which can comfortably be shared on the TheLazy.Net website.

4. The Mediator allows crawling of the TheLazy.Net website for the latest ReShade Framework presets. Further, selected presets can be downloaded and applied on the fly. If the users likes a preset, he can then add it to his preset folder.

5. In the EffectOrdering section, users can freely reorder their effects. Depending on the developer's choice, certain effects are automatically grouped together. By pressing ctr-key and hovering over effects, multiple effects can be selected for reordering.

6. The EffectOrdering section further allows to toggle the individual effects/shader on and off. There are currently 73 shader in the ReShade Framework!

7. In the automatically generated Suite sections, users can become truly creative while comfortably adjusting settings of each shader.

8. Ultimately, all this is implemented that flexible that any shader developer can add his own configuration sections to the Mediator without changing any source code!

That is it for now! Thanks to everyone involved in this release! :lol:

Have a good time everyone!!
LuciferHawk
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire. Reason: Added download link
The following user(s) said Thank You: aufkrawall, Wicked Sick, Ioxa, SunBroDave, NattyDread, Pondural, GroinShooter, SpinelessJelly, sajittarius, BillyAlt and 6 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Links are up! B) Thanks Crosire! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Constantine PC
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

LuciferHawk wrote: Links are up! B) Thanks Crosire! :lol:

whats with locking the window properties ? Can you do an update with the preview to make it detachable for a second monitor or where we can resize that possibly? Its not really easy to see small detail on color changes when its 5% of my monitor screen size, yea yea ik someone will say just view it in game but kinda debunks the reason to have a preview screen. So far looks really nice layed out great job will post back with any bugs i find or requests/suggestions if your taking those but seriously please that first one
  • aufkrawall
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Thank you so much, guys!

On a quick try, the debanding filter gives a great result.
off:
[img

on:
[img

Dam, this is so cool! kudos to JPulowski!
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #5 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Lucifer, is a guide on the way for using the mediator?

(I successfully installed it without the mediator and can indeed edit it manually)

Call me old-school, but I find editing with notepad++ comforting.

edit: that debanding difference. Really is quite a treat to have that shader now.

double edit: Does this include that log-depthbuffer fix for stretching that I brought up in that other post (where I mistakenly took it for dof_vignette)?
Would come real handy for the witcher 3 and Gta v :) No worries if it didn't make it in this release
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Constantine PC.
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #6 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
i also think there is a gama bug again relating to tonemapping shaders i tried using one and then fore after my brightness of my game was screwed, also is there a way to display when shaders are turned on and off sometimes it's not the easiest thing in the world to see if your just applying subtle things.

Edit yes it would appear the gama bug is yet again back . if you want to know my settings ill upload the config somewhere but im not gonna bother posting it in a post on here
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Kleio420.
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
You have to enable toggle message in the Common_settings.cfg, its not an option in the mediator from what I can see.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Thanks for the suggestions and feeback :) (keep it coming)

ToggleMessage is a shader (the very last in the list) therefore you can activate it in the effectOrdering section.

Concerning fixes, there was nothing else include but what is listed. Fixes and other things will be included in another update. This one was mainly about the mediator. (Will also think about how to properly enlarge the preview section)

I recommend to use the mediator for file editing, since you are able to easly break a preset that you share with people that do use the mediator if you dont follow the layout.

-and yes, stuff like this will be explained in a tutorial but I did not have any time yet (you are of course free to always ask if there are specific questions)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleio420
  • Tycholarfero
More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by Tycholarfero Replied by Tycholarfero on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Splendid release. It'll take some time getting used to the configurator, but it's very well done, none the less.
Also, just wanted to mention, will we see the GTAV Lens Effect adjustments on the Gaussian flare soon? Just curious, but since the last release I never really noticed it, even though I changed all the values I could with the Ambient Light and the flare itself. It's no biggie though!
  • Skypat
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #10 by Skypat Replied by Skypat on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
hello

great job, you are The boss
and Deband shader is great !
Love mediator :)

i would like to know if it's possible to have default values in next ReShade Version for variables not found in profiles (or disable shader)
i mean that profiles made with 0.18.x are not working anymore with 0.19.x
ie: "undeclared identifier USE_COLORSAT"

i will understand perfectly it may be impossible or too huge job
i can stay with it and will update all my profiles, just a request

Again GREAT WORK
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Skypat.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
I will check on the gaussian (GTAV) flare and see if it was maybe dropped due to some file movement (though I doubt it).

We already discussed compatibility with older version for new releases but it is not sure yet how exactly to do it.
However, due to the major layout changes (that made sense to render older versions obsolete) with this release, only backwards compatibility back to the current version is planned in future releases.
Content wise, not too much changed in the configuration files, so you will still be able to reproduce your previous presets easily :)
  • Sassy
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #12 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
First of all thanks for all your great work Lucifer! :cheer:
I ran into some problems though. :(
Manually adding the ColorFilter from Iuxa and adding it to the EffectOrdering works perfectly fine however starting the Mediator results in the config file being rewritten/corrupted and ColorFilter doesn't load anymore.
Also ColorFilter with DoF and AO enabled results in a huge chunk or error messages (HeatHaze from McFX works fine though).
Enabled AO and DoF without ColorFilter results in no(?) errors but seems to not use the depth buffer anymore in Guild Wars 2 (while standing still).
Maybe a reShade change?
Now AO blacks the whole screen out - and DoF blurs the whole screen. :unsure:

Will you include ColorFilter in a future Framwork Release or will Ioxa put up a framework config file for it later..or will there be a tutorial how to do it? :silly:

Imagine lots of question marks above my head right now. Thanks to whoever can help me out here!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Sassy. Reason: spoiler too long x.x
  • Ioxa
More
8 years 9 months ago #13 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

Sassy wrote: First of all thanks for all your great work Lucifer! :cheer:
I ran into some problems though. :(
Manually adding the ColorFilter from Iuxa and adding it to the EffectOrdering works perfectly fine however starting the Mediator results in the config file being rewritten/corrupted and ColorFilter doesn't load anymore.
Also ColorFilter with DoF and AO enabled results in a huge chunk or error messages (HeatHaze from McFX works fine though).
Enabled AO and DoF without ColorFilter results in no(?) errors but seems to not use the depth buffer anymore in Guild Wars 2 (while standing still).
Maybe a reShade change?
Now AO blacks the whole screen out - and DoF blurs the whole screen. :unsure:

Will you include ColorFilter in a future Framwork Release or will Ioxa put up a framework config file for it later..or will there be a tutorial how to do it? :silly:

Imagine lots of question marks above my head right now. Thanks to whoever can help me out here!

I have the config file for the color filter shader mostly converted for the Mediator but there are a few things I want to work on before I update it. I'll hopefully have it finished by the end of the week. I will also try to reproduce those error messages so I can see what is causing them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sassy
  • Apocalypso
More
8 years 9 months ago #14 by Apocalypso Replied by Apocalypso on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH controls are currently broken. If you change it from default value (0.095) it will scale only from 0.000 to 0.010, instead of 0.000 to 1.000.
  • Ioxa
More
8 years 9 months ago #15 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

Apocalypso wrote: DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH controls are currently broken. If you change it from default value (0.095) it will scale only from 0.000 to 0.010, instead of 0.000 to 1.000.

Thats my bad, I missed some zeros there. I'm actually surprised it worked like that. To fix it open McFX_settings.cfg and scroll down to line 71. Change this line,
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH 0.095 //[0.0:1.0] //-Manual focus depth. 0.0 means camera is focus plane, 1.0 means sky is focus plane.
to this,
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH 0.095 //[0.000:1.000] //-Manual focus depth. 0.0 means camera is focus plane, 1.0 means sky is focus plane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Apocalypso
  • aufkrawall
More
8 years 9 months ago #16 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Box mode of deband filter can introduce new banding.

deband off:
[img

on (default values):
[img

With cross offset mode, this isn't the case. Although the deband effect is a little weaker in general with it.
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #17 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
How do I actually update stuff in real-time with the Mediator?

Like how would I be able to alt-tab change a value and tab back in?
It doesn't seem to work for me, I click apply and nothing happens.

I don't get what is wrong here. I select my game, it installs the the necessary stuff in the directory. It hooks fine.
I make a preset for that game called arma 3 preset. Works fine. Then i try to toggle stuff on and click apply, then tab back in. Nothing is occurring in game.
I had to do this weird trick where I switched back to the default preset then back to my arma 3 preset to even get the new effects to register. Is this normal? Am I missing a step here?

I put the mediator in a separate folder on my main drive called "Framework Mediator". Is that causing it? Do I need to put it in my game directories for it to update in real-time?
  • sajittarius
More
8 years 9 months ago #18 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Wow, Great job, thanks LuciferHawk!

Also, that debanding filter looks very nice, I can't wait to get home to try it :)
  • SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 9 months ago #19 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
There's a typo in LiftGammaGain that prevents Lift values from changing
It is
#define RGB_Lift float3(1.000,1.000,1.000) //[0.000;2.000]
when it should be
#define RGB_Lift float3(1.000,1.000,1.000) //[0.000:2.000]
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #20 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

Sassy wrote: Now AO blacks the whole screen out - and DoF blurs the whole screen. :unsure:

The ReShade (/Mediator) is following a new layout which also has to be considered when adding new code. I am sure Ioxa will add this shader when he has time for it and thinks it is ready :) (sorry Ioxa, missed that you already commented)

Your DoF issue sounds as if you either have logarithmic DoF activated in a game with no logarithmic depthbuffer or the other way around. Please try toggling the RFX_LogDepth variable in the Common suite under the Global tab.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sassy
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.