ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Ganossa ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136) was created by Ganossa
After all your struggle with the newly released mediator :P here our first update based on all your great feedback and suggestions!

Download the latest ReShade Framework Release from the download page or HERE

This update features::
  • Added Adaptive Sharpen shader by bacondither and implemented/ported by JPulowski
  • Fixed several issues that have been introduces with the initial release of the mediator + framework
  • Fixed several "hot" edit issues (especially for GTA V)
  • Adjusted layout of main mediator tab to make installation and preset creation less confusing
  • Improved offline preview rendering (now with high framerate)
  • Completely overhauled the logarithmic depth buffer algorithm (rather perfect stretch now)
  • Added requested timeout feature for several shader (thanks to Roxxtar for the motivation)

If any of your suggestions can not be found in this release then its not because we did not want to implement it but because we wanted to release a more stable version as soon as possible. More improvements will of course come with the next update :side:

As always, thanks to everyone involved in this release! :lol:

Enjoy!!
LuciferHawk
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire. Reason: Updated download link
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, NattyDread, SpinelessJelly, sajittarius, Constantine PC, 80T, Aelius Maximus, Vodfarut, NeoLithic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sajittarius
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
the link doesnt appear to work... Also the download page is still the old one, no?

• JPulowski
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

sajittarius wrote: the link doesnt appear to work... Also the download page is still the old one, no?

The links will be updated once Crosire becomes online. :)

• sajittarius
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
ahh ok, i just happened to be home today and logged into the forums, lol.

Thanks for the info :)

• NattyDread
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Can't wait to try out the new log depth. Can't we have the links here for the time being? :side:

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

NattyDread wrote: Can't wait to try out the new log depth. Can't we have the links here for the time being? :side:

yea but if lucifer is offline he is probably asleep or at work he may not have uploaded the files or sent the link to anyone else it will be up when he logs in lol

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
lol I'm literally checking back here like every half-hour to test these fixes :)

Really anticipating this log-depth fix for GTA and Witcher 3 :D

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Mediafire upload seems to be broken at the moment. Crosire tried several times but has to take a break now. He will try again in a few hours :) sorry for the wait!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Updated download link =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, NattyDread, sajittarius, Ganossa

• sajittarius
More
8 years 9 months ago #10 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
question: Is there an easy way to move my profiles to the new mediator? I tried copying the profile folder from my old Mediator folder to the new one, and i was missing Adaptive Sharpen (since my old profiles didn't have that?)

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
i keep getting application errors on swtor telling me the application location cant be used , i have full ownership of the folder location

• matsilagi
More
8 years 9 months ago #12 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Undef errors still not fixed, it still doesn't compile.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #13 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Okay so a few things I've noticed:

The mediator is now updating in real time allowing alt-tab editing which is really good. Thanks a lot for that.

Depth of Field isn't working correctly for me. When using Dynamic Focus it only focuses on objects a foot in front of my character. With the old log-depth(or framework) I used to be able to focus in on objects at various distances away. (I could focus on a car down the street, etc) Now it has to literally be directly in front of my character. And everything beyond the little area around my character (that would be the nearcurve blur area) is blurred. Dynamic focus might not be working at all. Not sure, need to test more.

I tested it with 1000.0 Near Curve, 0 vignetting 0.5,0.5 focus point, 15 blur radius. Pretty much my standard settings (I don't like near curve blur so I use 1000.0 to effectively disable it) And it's just not focusing at all.

Also There is no depth buffer access first person in vehicles in GTA V but that's not an issue at all really. First person on foot is working as intended and looks great but dynamic dof doesn't seem to work for me in GTA V.

Additionally I also wanted to mention that using Depth Of Field seems to break Deband filter for me. And I get sky-banding back after turning it on.
And I almost forgot. Sometimes the mediator highlights a group of shaders when in the effects ordering tab. It's a little annoying because you accidently turn on the entire SweetFX pack when actually intending to turn on just Vibrance etc.
And in the future is it possible to be able to also manually type values into the mediator? For instance, I was using liftgammagain where I had the red value of everything at 0.925 . It's actually easier to just Copy+paste type that then to individually slide every slider to that exact point. (This isn't crucial at all, just a consideration thing, If it's too hard or time consuming it really isn't needed).

Any-ways I'll test how Depth of field is in Witcher 3 since its the only other log-depth game i have.

• cruelflames
More
8 years 9 months ago #14 by cruelflames Replied by cruelflames on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
I get " The given path's format is not supported" when trying to add a profile for Dragon Age : Origins.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #15 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
To everyone that has "path" problems when creating application profiles, please post the path to your ReShade Framework folder and the path to your target application. Also check if both are on local disks and that you have the ReShade/personal files/profiles folder.

sajittarius wrote: question: Is there an easy way to move my profiles to the new mediator?

Do you have A: compilation errors or B : only want that shader in your preset?

A: Remove the AdaptiveSharpening effect from the effect ordering .cfg

B: Add the AdaptiveSharpening effect setting from the new CustomFx_settings.cfg to your own and copy all your old configuration files other than the effect ordering .cfg to replace the new configuration files.

• matsilagi
More
8 years 9 months ago #16 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Ok, turns out my undef problems were releated to editing the h files.
Is there any way to add new shader effects to the framework?

• cruelflames
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #17 by cruelflames Replied by cruelflames on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

LuciferHawk wrote: To everyone that has "path" problems when creating application profiles, please post the path to your ReShade Framework folder and the path to your target application. Also check if both are on local disks.

Reshade - E:\Reshade

DAO - E:\OriginGames\Dragon Age\bin_ship

The ReShade/personal files/profiles folder exists for my other games that do work. I just cannot get it working for DAO. It does create a Reshade symlink file in the game folder but there's no profile folder for DAO in Reshade.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by cruelflames.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #18 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

matsilagi wrote: Ok, turns out my undef problems were releated to editing the h files.
Is there any way to add new shader effects to the framework?

What files did you try to edit and what files do your try to add?

If you want to add a new shader I recommend to add it to the customFX Suite, add the related effect line to the effect ordering .cfg and add a new shader "tab" to the customFX_settings.cfg. If you did all that correctly, once you open the mediator and apply your configuration, undef files will be generated automatically.

cruelflames wrote: Reshade - E:\Reshade

The ReShade/personal files/profiles folder exists for my other games that do work. I just cannot get it working for DAO. It does create a Reshade symlink file in the game folder but there's no profile folder for DAO in Reshade.

Can you post/quote the complete error line? What if you -to test- copy the DAO.exe somewhere else, like one or two folders above?

• cruelflames
More
8 years 9 months ago #19 by cruelflames Replied by cruelflames on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

LuciferHawk wrote:

cruelflames wrote: Reshade - E:\Reshade

Can you post/quote the complete error line? What if you -to test- copy the DAO.exe somewhere else, like one or two folders above?

pastebin.com/gXvnZMBf

Tried copying DAO.exe to the game root folder and to the desktop, still get the same error.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #20 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

Constantine PC wrote: Okay so a few things I've noticed:

The logarithmic depth linearization is independent of effects. You can check its result with the depth visualization shader. What a shader is doing with the values is up to the shader and how its configured by the user :-)

GTA V has different depth buffer information for 1st person (in car I believe) and 3rd person.

If there is text box to a value or a slider is up to the shader developer and what he defined in the configuration files :-)
(means you can also change it, text box summons with a range [undef])

Shader are highlighted together in the effect ordering because they belong together and are moved together (also defined in the configuration files). For SweetFX its the shared shader, for GemFX the bloom shader and for CustomFX the colorCorrection shader.
If you click on the selected group, it will unselect the group and you can activate shader individually.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.