ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #21 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

cruelflames wrote: pastebin.com/gXvnZMBf

Tried copying DAO.exe to the game root folder and to the desktop, still get the same error.

Thanks, thats helpful. Can you also post the line in the configurator info box (left bottom corner) when the error happens.

It seems to be related to the .exe file. Would be good if we get some other games with that problem so there might be one I own to test :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cruelflames
More
8 years 9 months ago #22 by cruelflames Replied by cruelflames on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

LuciferHawk wrote:

cruelflames wrote: pastebin.com/gXvnZMBf

Tried copying DAO.exe to the game root folder and to the desktop, still get the same error.

Thanks, thats helpful. Can you also post the line in the configurator info box (left bottom corner) when the error happens.

It seems to be related to the .exe file. Would be good if we get some other games with that problem so there might be one I own to test :P

"Loading application profile failed due to the following error : The given path's format is not supported."

I'll try testing with some of my other games to see if it pops up again :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #23 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

LuciferHawk wrote:

Constantine PC wrote: Okay so a few things I've noticed:

The logarithmic depth linearization is independent of effects. You can check its result with the depth visualization shader. What a shader is doing with the values is up to the shader and how its configured by the user :-)

I think it's simply just reversed. I must of been using the preset with the corrections for the reversed values before.

Distant objects are all blurred. when I focus on something the far plane becomes un-blurred.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #24 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

Constantine PC wrote: I think it's simply just reversed. I must of been using the preset with the corrections for the reversed values before.

Distant objects are all blurred. when I focus on something the far plane becomes un-blurred.

This will be fixable then with the next update where I want to introduce the manual flip option :)

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #25 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Is there anyway I can manually correct the values for the Log-depth in the mean-time?

I have really limited knowledge but if it's as easy as switching one thing to the other, I can certainly do it :P

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #26 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
For which game would you need that? For GTA V and Witcher 3 the linearized depth is correct. You can check it in the depth visualization.

( I will check later what information the automatic focus uses. I usually dont use that feature)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #27 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
For GTA V the depth buffer works right for the AO and all other depth effects just the automatic focus doesn't seem to work right. It's just backwards that's all.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #28 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
I will look into that, for now, flipping the depth values would just transfer the issue from the automated focus to normal DoF and AO.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #29 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

LuciferHawk wrote: I will look into that, for now, flipping the depth values would just transfer the issue from the automated focus to normal DoF and AO.

would it be possible to put a global statment for z buffers that are upside down like in unity engine to flip these if the user turns on a config just like how linearized depth has a setting for it

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #30 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Okay so I took some screenshots of some issues with log-depth in GTA V and I think they will probably apply to Witcher 3 as well. Will test it.
Also I found an issue with Depth Of Field (other than the auto-focus not working, I already found that)

Basically the Log-depth is so far reaching (which is absolutely great by the way) that it actually causes issues in games like GTA V where stuff streams in.

For instance I took a screenshot here with SSGI on. The trees in the distance aren't fully streamed in but they are coming up as complete in the depth buffer. Causing it to look like this:
(some other objects like stoplights also have the outlining)
Warning: Spoiler!

This is actually much worse then it seems because this happens on building towers, flagpoles, smokestacks, cranes, etc. You just see an object outline, no object.
Also. Ambient occlusion is breaking the Deband filter as well.

Here is how Depth of Field is breaking the Deband filter:

First one is with DOF, second without. This is much more noticeable in game. (infact the site I uploaded the shots to might of actually caused more banding in all the screenshots then what exists in game)
This is really something you gotta see in game to really notice.

Also the SMAA problem in GTA V is still present. Turning on SMAA makes Gamma extremely high.
Also if you drive in third person. Put the cars bumper straight in the face of your camera view. The bumper falls out of the depth buffer and (if AO is on) the entire bumper turns black.
First person driving is also unusable with AO on. But not a lot of people drive first person so it's not a huge issue.

I'm not trying to literally find issues. These are actually things I find when playing around with the shaders in GTA V.
Noticed the banding when turning on DOF or AO pretty much immediately. This also occurred in last release.

I just tested Witcher 3 out and the banding issue, the autofocus issue, the Ambient Occlusion making distant objects that aren't fully rendered black issue all happen in that game as well.
BUT, the SMAA gamma bug doesn't occur in witcher 3 leading me to believe its a GTA V only issue. Which isn't really an issue at all. Since I don't use it.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Constantine PC.

• JPulowski
More
8 years 9 months ago #31 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

Constantine PC wrote: Ambient occlusion is breaking the Deband filter as well.

Here is how Depth of Field is breaking the Deband filter:

First one is with DOF, second without. This is much more noticeable in game. (infact the site I uploaded the shots to might of actually caused more banding in all the screenshots then what exists in game)
This is really something you gotta see in game to really notice.

Noticed the banding when turning on DOF or AO pretty much immediately. This also occurred in last release.

Did you try modifying effect ordering? You might apply Deband shader after Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion shaders and see if that solves the issue. Banding caused by DOF and AO shaders can be also solved with an additional dithering step just like the one in Deband shader. But that would require modifying the source.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 9 months ago #32 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
I can confirm Constantine's findings regarding DOF in Witcher 3. But I seem to have fixed things (still testing) by manually editing some value ranges

For autofocus
-First of all, coordinates are inverted: 1 is upper/left, 0 is lower/right. Nothing to do but keep in mind.
-Changed values for blur curves from [0.4:10.0] to [0.4:100.0]. Now they seem to work properly, still experimenting.

For manual focus
-Changed manual focus values from [0.0:1.0] to [0.000:1.000] (before doing so the Mediator slider was only moving from 0.000 to 0.010 for some reason)

Regarding Ambient Occlusion, it is not a Reshade-specific issue. ENB's solution is to limit the distance at which AO is applied, maybe we could ask Marty to add a similar parameter here.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #33 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

SpinelessJelly wrote: -First of all, coordinates are inverted: 1 is upper/left, 0 is lower/right. Nothing to do but keep in mind.

That's bad, should definitly be fixed.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #34 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)

JPulowski wrote:

Constantine PC wrote: Noticed the banding when turning on DOF or AO pretty much immediately. This also occurred in last release.

Did you try modifying effect ordering? You might apply Deband shader after Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion shaders and see if that solves the issue. Banding caused by DOF and AO shaders can be also solved with an additional dithering step just like the one in Deband shader. But that would require modifying the source.

As soon as I read this I had to go test this out. It works!

All I did was move it like 3 orderings down after the AO and DOF and it got rid of the banding. Guess those methods were causing banding or altering the deband somehow.

Yeah so it looks like it will be as easy of a fix as just simply moving it down a bit in the effect orderings for the next release. Will it even work at the very bottom(maybe before the toggle message)? I imagine that would deband any banding that any shader causes. Anyways thanks that really helped me out.

edit: just moved it after the 8mm film effect and it works.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Constantine PC.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #35 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
AO algorithms haven't been made compatible with logarithmic depth yet. I can also not say much about auto-focus .oO but as said will look into it.

This line already exists in the McFX_settings.cfg, I am not sure which version/preset you have been using?
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH 0.095 //[0.000:1.000]

I will add variables with the next update to manually swap 0 to 1 and upside down of depth buffer information.

Some shader do not read from the backbuffer (previous shader output) but from the original "image" (to be independent from ordering). The deband shader would need to write to both so following shader cannot overwrite its output. This either needs to be added permanently or with an additional variable (but we would need to test first how it affects other shader).

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 9 months ago #36 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Checked the archive, you are right about the manualfocusdepth values - yet what I found in the installed reshade folder (and "\profiles\witcher 3" folder and "\presets\..." folder) was [0.0:1:0]. Maybe something happened when I restored the old profile in the new reshade version? And should that happen?

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #37 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
If you restored an old preset it will overwrite the new one (if it differs). That also includes those ranges :) So it might be that this was an issue with the previous release.

• One3rd
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #38 by One3rd Replied by One3rd on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
I can't seem to get the Mediator to work at all in 0.19.0 or 0.19.2. Must be doing something wrong with the setup as I keep getting a "The given path's format is not supported" error when trying to confirm the exe selection. Below is an image of the error I am seeing.

Exe's path is: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Origins\SinglePlayer\Binaries\Win32
ReShade's path is: D:\ReShade 0.19.2 Public Beta with Framework

What are the steps I need to do to add a new game with Mediator?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by One3rd. Reason: added file paths

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #39 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
There is a fix for this issue in the next release. It is basically due to the ":" and other symbols that are not allowed in MS folders.

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #40 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.07.02.0136)
Can you update an old preset to the mediator gracefully?
Or is this a "manual affair" ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.