A shader for pre-rendered backgrounds?

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1 by mickevincent A shader for pre-rendered backgrounds? was created by mickevincent
Hello.
I have been thinking some about this. And I don't know exactly how this stuff works, but..

Old classic PS1 games with pre-rendered backgrounds looks horrible since they are such low resolution. So i thought about this... would it be possible to make a shader that takes all pixels and then copy them into maybe 2 or 3 or maybe even more? It's kinda hard to explain what I mean, but for instance if a image that is 100x100 pixels would then become maybe 300x300 wich would look nicer on a big screen. So everything pixel, or line bassicly gets twice or third as thick. I don't know if this is possible or if it would benefit anyhing though but it sounds to me that it could make things nicer.

*Edit - Isnt this what downscaling does..? Can a shader downscale..?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by mickevincent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.