Improved dithering would be nice!

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by MonarchX Improved dithering would be nice! was created by MonarchX
Many say that ordered/random dithering only helps with ReShade's Vignette banding, but in reality, dithering is supposed to greatly improve overall banding and create a perception of colors that a monitor cannot technically support. Dithering techniques work wonderfully during film playback, especially with renderers like madVR, but I think dithering is more aggressive and advanced with madVR than with ReShade. There are some .BIK videos that I can play using MPC-HC + madVR and banding in them is MUCH smoother than in the same videos played inside the game, using ReShade's effects (dithering).

Would it be possible to integrate more aggressive dithering, like Error Diffusion?

P.S. I am talking about dithering specifically, NOT de-banding, which is already present in ReShade Framework.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MonarchX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.