Waifu upscaler

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by mickevincent Waifu upscaler was created by mickevincent
Hello again.
I really hope someone can help me with this one. For what I understand ReShade doesn't do any upscaling? So I don't even know if this is possible..

There is a upscaler alrgorithm on the internet @ waifu2x.udp.jp/ called "waifu". It's made for cartoon pictures and it makes them look really awesome.
Now my question is if it would be possible to make an ReShade effect to work like the waifu. The closest thing I can come up to would be some kind of waterpaint filter, pherhaps?
I have done some pictures for you, it's Final Fantasy VII with my own colour shader over it. I run it in 640x448 wich is about twice the resolution they were originaly rendered in(!!) and then upscale them with the waifu 2x TWICE. As you can see.. well to me it looks way better... way way better. So please, could someone make this or at least a similar filter for ReShade? :) It would be sooooo damn awesome! :)

Here are some pictures -

Oh, I also found this github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x
Pherhaps it's the code for the upscaler? I'am sorry if I come out stupid because I don't know this stuff. Anyway, I hope someone can make this happen :)
/Mike

*Edit -
Well, I managed to make it somewhat similar to what I showed earlier with just some paint shader. I guess it'll do for now :)

Still, the waifu upscaler is kinda cool :)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by mickevincent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Waifu upscaler
ReShade does not change the resolution in which the game renders, so that won't work.

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic Waifu upscaler
Yeah I know, I just thought maybe it would be a possibility.. :) Thanx anyway :)

• matsilagi
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Waifu upscaler
Not sure, but someone posted a HQ4X shader on requests.
Aren't they almost the same thing?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.