(UPDATED REQUEST) VHS Pro

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by matsilagi (UPDATED REQUEST) VHS Pro was created by matsilagi
Is it possible to do something like this on ReShade?

It will be released on the Unity store, if its free i will extract its contents to (possibly) help porting to reshade, i have some games in which this effect would look amazing.

EDIT: I got the asset now, send me an email (to either one of those addresses: matsilagi2@hotmail.com/matsilagi@gmail.com) if you wanna help me porting it
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by matsilagi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BillyAlt
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic VHS Shader
I believe one of the shader suites already has a very similar effect.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic VHS Shader

BillyAlt wrote: I believe one of the shader suites already has a very similar effect.

The CRT only has nothing to do with the VHS one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuze

• fuze
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic VHS Shader
damn this would be so awesome

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #5 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic VHS Shader

fuze wrote: damn this would be so awesome

Yeah, i wanna play Aliens Isolation with it.

EDIT:Incase someone has money, it is already live!
www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44925

I will try to get my self it and if someone really, REALLY wants to help, i may pay them a copy too.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by matsilagi.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic VHS Shader
So, since this shader is paid i think reverse-engineering it would be bad, so i got some shaders that may be able to reproduce the effect seen in the vids, but they need to be put together into one:

www.shadertoy.com/view/ldXGRf (NTSC Codec)
Incase the above shader beign not compatible with the others, there's this other one: github.com/libretro/common-shaders/blob/master/ntsc/ntsc.cgp (I would prefer the above one tough, its more faithful)
www.shadertoy.com/view/4dBGzK (VHS Distortion)
www.shadertoy.com/view/ldjGzV (VCR Degradation/Distortion: Has other effects but please try to keep the distortion only, this may affect gameplay.)
www.shadertoy.com/view/MlfSWr (VHS Tape noise)
github.com/libretro/common-shaders/blob/...s/ntsc-gauss-pass.cg (NTSC Gaussian Blur (Bloom maybe?) )
www.shadertoy.com/view/MsXGD4 (Dirty old CRT, please try to keep only the color distortion)

I think those may be able to replicate the effect, also, it would be nice if all of those were toggleable (like, USE_VHS would enable the NTSC colors only, then other effects be like bUseDistortion, bUseVCRDistortion, bUseNoise, etc...)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by matsilagi.

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic (UPDATED REUQEST) VHS Pro
I finally got the asset.
If you wanna help me with it, send me an email (to either addresses on the main post) or add me at steam (matsilagi2 is my community name)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cul

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #8 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic (UPDATED REUQEST) VHS Pro
Bumpity bump.
I still want someone to do this for me.

• alyfreym
More
4 years 5 months ago #9 by alyfreym Replied by alyfreym on topic (UPDATED REUQEST) VHS Pro
Hi can you share this assets?

• Cul
More
4 years 3 months ago #10 by Cul Replied by Cul on topic (UPDATED REUQEST) VHS Pro

alyfreym wrote: Hi can you share this assets?

You can get it here github.com/Mortalitas/GShade-Shaders/blo...er/Shaders/VHSPro.fx

Thanks to Marty McFly, Matsilagi and Marot Satil. :side:

• Diego0920
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #11 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic (UPDATED REQUEST) VHS Pro
It would be really awesome to see a color bleed mode that's more neutral to other colors like in this image:

VHSPro = Top
Unity = Bottom
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by Diego0920.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Egor179

• Bapho
More
4 years 1 week ago #12 by Bapho Replied by Bapho on topic (UPDATED REUQEST) VHS Pro

• Diego0920
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #13 by Diego0920 Replied by Diego0920 on topic (UPDATED REUQEST) VHS Pro
Found a bug with your newest update. The screen resolution slider (set at 1080.0) doesn't scale properly with my native resolution (1080p) so it messes up with the image. Notice the crosshair on both pictures:

VHSPro2 is the older shader. Both are using the same settings. It stretches out the HUD a little and adds horizontal lines to the background (which wasn't intended). I've tried with the preprocessor definitions but to no avail.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Diego0920.

• Egor179
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #14 by Egor179 Replied by Egor179 on topic (UPDATED REQUEST) VHS Pro
Hi, could you share your finished preset? I set up 3 shaders with VHS effects (VHS Easy blur, VHS composite, VHS Pro) and could not achieve this effect
[img
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Egor179.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.