(Dynamic/Adaptive) Gaussian Flare

• Lightcatcher
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Lightcatcher (Dynamic/Adaptive) Gaussian Flare was created by Lightcatcher
Hey. :)
The Gaussian_Anam_Flare Feature from MER or Framework is a really nice effect. But it always has the same color and so it doesn't look good sometimes.
I think it would be great if the flares would use the color from the light source.

I modified a screenshot in Photoshop to show how it may look like:

Without Effect:

With Effect:

Would you make me happy and implement this feature into MER or Framework? Please? :)

Greetings from Germany
Lighti

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fuze
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic (Dynamic/Adaptive) Gaussian Flare
I think that this could be worked on :) As far as I can see from Marty's video showcasing the new star flare shader, the flares actually have the same color as the light source does.

In the end, its up to Marty if he will implement this shader into next framework/master effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mindu

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic (Dynamic/Adaptive) Gaussian Flare
That would decrease performance and complicate code if bloom and anamorphic lensflare are used together. They use the same blurring algorithm and while I store bloom in RGB component of the bloom texture, I calculate the anamflare in the alpha channel.

• MaxG3D
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #4 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic (Dynamic/Adaptive) Gaussian Flare
I have to bump this thread cause I think that's the biggest boner killer to have Lens effects not use Bloom texture color. I would really love to see this changed, even if that means decreased performance. Maybe you could make a separate, unofficial version for us? I tried to edit the shader myself and while I managed to change the way that lens flares work, I still cannot find a way to mix it with bloom color. Simply replacing the Samples doesn't work and I'm not really good at shader programming.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by MaxG3D.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #5 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic (Dynamic/Adaptive) Gaussian Flare

Marty McFly wrote: That would decrease performance and complicate code if bloom and anamorphic lensflare are used together. They use the same blurring algorithm and while I store bloom in RGB component of the bloom texture, I calculate the anamflare in the alpha channel.

use bloom alpha to mask bloom rgb to apply color, may mix different color in larger scale but look nice as starbursts.

pseudo code
flare.rgb = bloom.a * intensity * bloom.rgb
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by kingeric1992.

• MaxG3D
More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic (Dynamic/Adaptive) Gaussian Flare

kingeric1992 wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: That would decrease performance and complicate code if bloom and anamorphic lensflare are used together. They use the same blurring algorithm and while I store bloom in RGB component of the bloom texture, I calculate the anamflare in the alpha channel.

use bloom alpha to mask bloom rgb to apply color, may mix different color in larger scale but look nice as starbursts.

pseudo code
flare.rgb = bloom.a * intensity * bloom.rgb

Would you be up to fix that on Framework Bloom shader?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.