desperately need a filter for temporal aliasing

• ItsNotHectic
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by ItsNotHectic desperately need a filter for temporal aliasing was created by ItsNotHectic
It goes away in youtube but not in game, youtube compression actually does a better job than DSR for FFXIV.

The only thing that works is SGSSAA in DX9, its unavailable in DX11.

I have tried all the effects in the framework and nothing works at all. I have even tried silly stuff like explosion and absurd amounts of gaussian blur etc, the only way to mask it is with film grain because that just makes everything flicker if you use too much.

Anyway youtube can do it so why not reshade, see here:

Flickers in game and on 4k youtube, but playing back at 1080p it doesnt. Was recording on a 1080p panel with DSRx4.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by ItsNotHectic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moonkey
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic desperately need a filter for temporal aliasing
Not exactly sure if TAA can be added as a post-processing effect from ReShade. I'm not so sure, but something in me thinks it requires some kind of geometry information from the game that isn't simply a depthbuffer.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic desperately need a filter for temporal aliasing

ItsNotHectic wrote: It goes away in youtube but not in game, youtube compression actually does a better job than DSR for FFXIV.

The only thing that works is SGSSAA in DX9, its unavailable in DX11.

I have tried all the effects in the framework and nothing works at all. I have even tried silly stuff like explosion and absurd amounts of gaussian blur etc, the only way to mask it is with film grain because that just makes everything flicker if you use too much.

Anyway youtube can do it so why not reshade, see here:

Flickers in game and on 4k youtube, but playing back at 1080p it doesnt. Was recording on a 1080p panel with DSRx4.

For TAA to truly be effective you need to know the major cause of crawling or aliasing in the game this could and probably is numerous things, your already downsampling with combined post aa. Using TAA that is designed generically i cant see working any better then that,and imo i dont think a generic TAA should be designed thats what post aa is for.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.