DOF+different UI masks

• Alexander_B
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Alexander_B DOF+different UI masks was created by Alexander_B
Hello people!! Sorry for my bad English, but I try to explain what I want and what I do.
I play different games with Depth Of Field by Marty McFly and use this effect with UI Mask texture. Different games have different UI layout, so I changed file \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\Textures\uiMask.png with another painted UI mask for another game every time. I can't to define different UI mask textures for every game in his preset in REshade Assistant and I try to fix this lack.
BACKUP YOUR RESHADE FOLDER!! And let's begin...
1) Open file \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\uiMask.fx and find this string:
texture uiMaskTex < source = "ReShade/Shaders/Ganossa/Textures/uiMask.png"; > { Width = 1920; Height = 1080; MipLevels = 1; Format = RGBA8; };
And change it:
texture uiMaskTex < source = "ReShade/Shaders/Ganossa/Textures/ui_masks/" uiMaskTexture; > { Width = 1920; Height = 1080; MipLevels = 1; Format = RGBA8; };
2) Create folder \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\Textures\ui_masks\ and bring file uiMask.png to it.
3) Open file \ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa.undef and add string #undef uiMaskTexture after string #undef USE_UIMask.
4)Open file \ReShade\Presets\Default\Shaders_by_Ganossa.cfg and find section ///**UIMask**///.
Add string #define uiMaskTexture "uiMask.png" //[undef] //-Defines UI - mask texture in this section.
And if you open REShade Assistant now on the VALUE tab of the UIMask - Ganossa shader, you must see new string uiMaskTexture.
Put files of the painted uiMask textures' of every game you playing with REShade to the "\ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\Textures\ui_masks\" folder.
Now you can to define different UI mask textures in every game's profile! And no need to swap uiMap.png file every time you want to play another game with DOF+UIMask effects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF+different UI masks
Good point. Textures like the UI Mask or LUTs should be moved to the presets/profiles, rather than being global.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.