Is it possible to filter out this pattern? (GTA V)

• Androll
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by Androll Is it possible to filter out this pattern? (GTA V) was created by Androll
Hi, anybody have a clue how to filter out this dotted pattern? imgur.com/a/WLNhe This shit is everywhere in GTA V. Is there any shader which can do that? Thanks.

PS I have intentionally turned off FXAA to make this effect more visible. But even with FXAA or SMAA ON these dots appear all over everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TreyM
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #2 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Is it possible to filter out this pattern? (GTA V)
It's doubtful that this could be done without affecting the rest of the image in a negative way. That dither pattern is part of the LOD system in the GTA V engine and trying to use a post process to remove it would be tricky indeed, and like I said, it's doubtful you could remove the pattern without screwing the rest of the image up.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by TreyM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Androll

• piltrafus
More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Is it possible to filter out this pattern? (GTA V)

Androll wrote: Hi, anybody have a clue how to filter out this dotted pattern? imgur.com/a/WLNhe This shit is everywhere in GTA V. Is there any shader which can do that? Thanks.

PS I have intentionally turned off FXAA to make this effect more visible. But even with FXAA or SMAA ON these dots appear all over everything.

does it happen with reshade off?
MXAO can create a similar pattern. i don't have the game so i can only guess. try without MXAO and see if that's the root of the problem.
if this turns out true maybe somebody can suggest better settings.

• Androll
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by Androll Replied by Androll on topic Is it possible to filter out this pattern? (GTA V)
Yeah, it does happen without reshade too. To be honest, searching for a way to remove this dotted shit is the reason why i use reshade in first place. :) Thanks for answer guys.

• piltrafus
More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Is it possible to filter out this pattern? (GTA V)
does it go away if you turn the in-game AO off?

• Androll
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by Androll Replied by Androll on topic Is it possible to filter out this pattern? (GTA V)
Nope :(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.